Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Understand The Relation In Destiny And Warframe

McTaz

Like they are both in the future, space things, but 3rd person > 1st person. I can't believe there is still hype for 1st person games. So why is there a thread about ps4 warframe and them not playing anymore once that game comes out. Yes there are also reasons like kids less than teen age and not caring what they plat, but what about the people that do care, cause if they did, I'd think they'd be bored of 1st person

If you don't want to play Destiny for what ever reason that is fine but don't go insulting people for wanting to play a different game. 

Destiny and warframe are dissimilar enough for you to play both and get distinctly different experiences so I see no problem. 

Personally I am going to get Destiny when it is released because it looks fun and is made by a dev with a good rep. 

Edited by BrotherIcarus

Well, although some people like I haven't actually played Destiny, we've seen some gameplay footage and such, showing mods and such (skill tree, points, etc.) that is slightly similar to Warframe, and the way some elements are played out in Destiny kind of affect how Warframe players perceive Destiny. Drop in drop out online gameplay? Check (I think...). Mod system? Check. Gameplay? Meh... as noted some elements in the game affect how players perceive things, like the factions in the game and how the story is set up. 

All in all, its just how some players view things, although you may disagree, others may not. 

Everybody has different perception of things.

If you don't want to play Destiny for what ever reason that is fine but don't go insulting people for wanting to play a different game. 

i think we're instead insulting the people that for some reason believe the two games to be almost identical.

when they're so very not. they have faint connections, but that's it's like saying a Turtle is the same as a giraffe because they both have flesh.

Edited by taiiat

I can't believe there is still hype for 1st person games.

You're kidding. Right? Someone please tell me he's kidding...

So why is there a thread about ps4 warframe and them not playing anymore once that game comes out.

Well considering Destiny is a AAA game and arguably one of the larger (if not the largest) "next gen" console release, coupled with the fact that it has an excellent developer behind it... well... people are going to play. A lot of people will probably stop playing Warframe to play Destiny, but that "stopping" is probably not going to be permanent. People are going to probably play a lot of Destiny and then come back to Warframe when they start to get a bit bored, or they'll play both titles in an alternating fashion.

Yes there are also reasons like kids less than teen age and not caring what they plat, but what about the people that do care, cause if they did, I'd think they'd be bored of 1st person

Age has absolutely nothing to do with preference for 1st or 3rd person games. I personally much prefer first person games because there's a greater degree of immersion. I think you're applying your own personal bias/preferences to the situation and assuming everyone agress with you (spoilers: they do not).

I can guarantee you that there are a lot of hardcore first person gamers out there who very much care about what they play. Player perspective shouldn't have any bearing on whether a game is good or not.

Because people dont know what they are speaking about? And they all falling under the trap of Activision marketing. Same as for Titanfall.

I didn't really fall for any marketing trap. I played the Alpha and the Beta and fell in love with it. Keep in mind that the important thing with Destiny is the developers... it's Bungie. But yeah, the hype is real.

Oh yeah... I forgot to mention...

You get to DANCE on the MOON.

YVQbvYR.gif

So yes, like with any major release on consoles, there will be a  significant "dip" of player activity as a lot of players check out the new game. This is the case with every single major release on consoles. It's a bit bigger for Destiny though because the hype for it is intense.

BrotherIcarus pretty much nailed it. Personally, I find 1st person shooters to be better than 3rd person shooters, at least when it comes to ranged weapons. Melee and acrobatics, on the other hand... Just wished Destiny had a confirmed Pc release, it looks interesting enough to play, and the soundtrack is wonderful (thanks Marty!).

Remember folks, it's okay to have an opinion, just try not to shove down peoples' throats or to insult them if they think differently.

Because people dont know what they are speaking about? And they all falling under the trap of Activision marketing. Same as for Titanfall.

Hey now, while i agree with the Activision Hype train, Titanfall is great if you like an FPS for it being an FPS. Too many people want something to work for, ala CoD and BF. If you like shooters for just liking shooters titanfall has some of the best core mechanics.

Destiny and warframe are dissimilar enough for you to play both and get distinctly different experiences so I see no problem. 

Personally I am going to get Destiny when it is released because it looks fun and is made by a dev with a good rep. 

and the community?

i think we're instead insulting the people that for some reason believe the two games to be almost identical.

when they're so very not. they have faint connections, but that's it's like saying a Turtle is the same as a giraffe because they both have flesh.

Did we read the same OP because the one I read has the OP clearly insulting people because they like Fps. 

Also did a mod edit my post? I specifically remember there being another line in my post. 

Isn't Destiny basically going to be microtransactions/DLC: The Game?

Nope.

Also did a mod edit my post? I specifically remember there being another line in my post. 

Yup. That one line kinda broke a rule mate.

Keep calm and keep on dancing.

On the moon.

YVQbvYR.gif

I have no problem with it.

Was just a bit surprised as it normally says in the post that it was edited and why. 

We can opt to not leave our name on an edited post. For really tiny things we sometimes don't, and for heavy edits we usually do.

Plus when doing the edits fast like we sometimes forget to hit the checkbox that tacks our name on the edited by message.

You get to DANCE on the MOON.

YVQbvYR.gif

So yes, like with any major release on consoles, there will be a  significant "dip" of player activity as a lot of players check out the new game. This is the case with every single major release on consoles. It's a bit bigger for Destiny though because the hype for it is intense.

wait why is earth spinning like hes making his arm move 2 inches in 3 hours.