Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Invite-Only]-[Ic-Lids]: The Storm's Rest

Astralin

"That's not for me to say" Leo answered, handing over Scirocco's weapons to one of the crewmen to take to the armoury "anyway, You're dismissed"

"I see." She said before turning around and walking away, making sure to use one of her hands to direct attention over to her behind as she left, giving herself a light pinch as though she was extending Leo an invitation to feel her up.

Leo did not do such a thing and just returned to his duties on the bridge.

Meanwhile Colossus checked on Aventius and Mary, not seeing them for a while from their shuttle "Hey, you two alright in there?"

rN9mr4e.png

Aventius stepped outside the shuttle. He waved at Mary, signalling that they were safe.

"Oh hey." Aventius said with tiredness. "Mary is most likely inside the shuttle. We're both okay, nothing is wrong."

He waited for Mary. He wanted to talk about her past, or at least her uneasy feeling during the escape escapade.

rN9mr4e.png

Aventius stepped outside the shuttle. He waved at Mary, signalling that they were safe.

"Oh hey." Aventius said with tiredness. "Mary is most likely inside the shuttle. We're both okay, nothing is wrong."

He waited for Mary. He wanted to talk about her past, or at least her uneasy feeling during the escape escapade.

Colossus offered his hand to Aventius, as a Rhino Prime he was quite around 2.18 meters tall (7 feet 1 inches) and seemed to be a classic friendly giant "I'm Colossus by the way, The Quartermaster here on the Shark and part of the Shark's Prime Team"

Edited by Drakeardian

"I guess that'd be my cue." Said Scirocco, following Leo.

The Valkyr knocked on the door before entering, her two normal arms crossed while the rest of her hands rested on various parts of her thighs and hips.

"Something you wanted to talk to me about?" She asked.

Manticore sighed aggravated at Scirocco, walking back to the hanger, "I really don't trust her." Walking over to Colossus after letting her mind settle about the fact of a very deadly mercenary on board. "How are they holding up?"

Colossus offered his hand to Aventius, as a Rhino Prime he was quite around 2.18 meters tall (7 feet 1 inches) and seemed to be a classic friendly giant "I'm Colossus by the way, The Quartermaster here on the Shark and part of the Shark's Prime Team"

rN9mr4e.png

"I'm Aventius." The Oberon accepting the hand, and giving a firm shake.

Walking over to Colossus after letting her mind settle about the fact of a very deadly mercenary on board. "How are they holding up?"

"I'm fine. Mary might be inside the shuttle, or she could have slipped away, whilst not looking. I'll call for the former."

Having been left alone on the shuttle Mary had let herself sink down to the floor. With her back against the wall and her knees against her chest, Mary had wrapped her arms around her legs and was now staring out in thin air at nothing in particular.

She had failed. When faced with her demons she had frozen and when faced with problem's she weren't used to she had not taken action. Instead the others have had to babysit her. She felt more like a liability than part of a team. It felt like things always ended with her screwing it up somehow.

Sparks hovered close by, trying to get Mary's attention to the data mass that the Deathcube still had strapped to its mechanic cubic body. The young Mag only gave it a glance. She would get the Datamass to Alia...soon...maybe...but not now.

rN9mr4e.png

"I'm Aventius." The Oberon accepting the hand, and giving a firm shake.

"I'm fine. Mary might be inside the shuttle, or she could have slipped away, whilst not looking. I'll call for the former."

"hmmm... I'll check on her.." Manticore stepped over to the shuttle exit, placing a hand on the door before peeking in, seeing Mary sitting on the floor, "You okay kiddo?"

Having been left alone on the shuttle Mary had let herself sink down to the floor. With her back against the wall and her knees against her chest, Mary had wrapped her arms around her legs and was now staring out in thin air at nothing in particular.

She had failed. When faced with her demons she had frozen and when faced with problem's she weren't used to she had not taken action. Instead the others have had to babysit her. She felt more like a liability than part of a team. It felt like things always ended with her screwing it up somehow.

Sparks hovered close by, trying to get Mary's attention to the data mass that the Deathcube still had strapped to its mechanic cubic body. The young Mag only gave it a glance. She would get the Datamass to Alia...soon...maybe...but not now.

"hmmm... I'll check on her.." Manticore stepped over to the shuttle exit, placing a hand on the door before peeking in, seeing Mary sitting on the floor, "You okay kiddo?"

rN9mr4e.png

Aventius was walking away, but heard those words uttered by Manticore. He turned around, heading to where the shuttle is. He stood near the Zephyr, looking at the saddened Mary.

"Mary... Manticore and I would like to talk to you..." Aventius putting a subtle and calm voice.

He took casual steps inside the ship. He crouched beside Mary.

"What's wrong? We are both here for you."

Mary only gave the hybrid one glance before continuing her staring session into the empty air. "I'm fine" She said. She didn't want people to babysit her, she didn't want to look like a weakling, a screw-up. It felt even worse when people actually asked Are you okay? Are you fine? and the like. It always felt as if they talked to her as if she was a child. And yet somehow, she felt it even harder to remain composed when faced with those questions.

rN9mr4e.png

Aventius was walking away, but heard those words uttered by Manticore. He turned around, heading to where the shuttle is. He stood near the Zephyr, looking at the saddened Mary.

"Mary... Manticore and I would like to talk to you..." Aventius putting a subtle and calm voice.

He took casual steps inside the ship. He crouched beside Mary.

"What's wrong? We are both here for you."

There's that voice again, she thought. Why did people always insist on talking like that?

At the last sentence, Mary tightened her grip around her legs and buried her face behind them. She said nothing as she tried to keep things together. She didn't want people to see her like this.

Mary only gave the hybrid one glance before continuing her staring session into the empty air. "I'm fine" She said. She didn't want people to babysit her, she didn't want to look like a weakling, a screw-up. It felt even worse when people actually asked Are you okay? Are you fine? and the like. It always felt as if they talked to her as if she was a child. And yet somehow, she felt it even harder to remain composed when faced with those questions.

There's that voice again, she thought. Why did people always insist on talking like that?

At the last sentence, Mary tightened her grip around her legs and buried her face behind them. She said nothing as she tried to keep things together. She didn't want people to see her like this.

Colossus looked over at Mary, Judging from her expression and the sound of her voice, something wasn't quite right at the moment. He took a moment to watch then called out for Manticore and Aventius "Hey! Clear out, Clear out already! Give her some space!"

Edited by Drakeardian

Manticore felt like Mary didn't want to talk about it, "Alright I'll leave ya be Mary, Good job out there today though." She turned to be met with Colossus.

Colossus looked over at Mary, Judging from her expression and the sound of her voice, something wasn't quite right at the moment. He took a moment to watch then called out for Manticore and Aventius "Hey! Clear out, Clear out already! Give her some space!"

Taking a step around Colossus, Manticore looked back at him, "I'll be.... around, just well call me if anyone needs me." She started towards the Storage room, with the cryo pods, feeling a bit of alone time being needed and what a better place than with her sleeping brethren.

Manticore felt like Mary didn't want to talk about it, "Alright I'll leave ya be Mary, Good job out there today though." She turned to be met with Colossus.

Taking a step around Colossus, Manticore looked back at him, "I'll be.... around, just well call me if anyone needs me." She started towards the Storage room, with the cryo pods, feeling a bit of alone time being needed and what a better place than with her sleeping brethren.

When she arrived at storage, Manticore would see the serpentine Harvester, Syluvi, perched atop a cryopod. She was peering at the occupant's unconscious, helmeted visage, her sinister, sinuous body undulating mesmerizingly. "Ah, little Tenno," she purred, scraping a monomolecular sharp claw along the glass, the resulting screeeeeech causing Syluvi's slender form to positively shiver with delight. "How sssssoon it will be before you awake? Before I get to..." Syluvi's head twitched as she noticed Manticore's entrance, and she slowly rose her sleek, eyeless head to coldly observe the hybrid Tenno. "Ah. Pingasa. Passer. How good to see you two again."

When she arrived at storage, Manticore would see the serpentine Harvester, Syluvi, perched atop a cryopod. She was peering at the occupant's unconscious, helmeted visage, her sinister, sinuous body undulating mesmerizingly. "Ah, little Tenno," she purred, scraping a monomolecular sharp claw along the glass, the resulting screeeeeech causing Syluvi's slender form to positively shiver with delight. "How sssssoon it will be before you awake? Before I get to..." Syluvi's head twitched as she noticed Manticore's entrance, and she slowly rose her sleek, eyeless head to coldly observe the hybrid Tenno. "Ah. Pingasa. Passer. How good to see you two again."

Manticore's eyes narrowed, "Yes... good, what are you doing atop that cryo-pod serpent? It's a little odd that you watch my... our brothers and sisters in their sleep is it not." She stepped into the room, looking to the sides.

Manticore's eyes narrowed, "Yes... good, what are you doing atop that cryo-pod serpent? It's a little odd that you watch my... our brothers and sisters in their sleep is it not." She stepped into the room, looking to the sides.

Syluvi slithered away from the cryopod, her large body gliding effortlessly like quicksilver as it neared Manticore. "Don't act sssso... alarmed," she murmured, caressing Manticore's helmeted chin with her tail as she slipped behind her, "I watch you sssssleep too."

Syluvi slithered away from the cryopod, her large body gliding effortlessly like quicksilver as it neared Manticore. "Don't act sssso... alarmed," she murmured, caressing Manticore's helmeted chin with her tail as she slipped behind her, "I watch you sssssleep too."

Manticore looked to her old pod, "Syluvi... I have a question. One that i would assume only you could answer." Manticore took a step towards the empty pod, looking at the vitals of the pods on her way towards it, "Who was in this pod before me?" She looked back to the serpent, "Who was I before the experiments?"

Manticore looked to her old pod, "Syluvi... I have a question. One that i would assume only you could answer." Manticore took a step towards the empty pod, looking at the vitals of the pods on her way towards it, "Who was in this pod before me?" She looked back to the serpent, "Who was I before the experiments?"

The Harvester turned its smooth, sleek head towards Manticore, coiling up behind the contemplative Tenno amalgam. "Two. Pingasssssa, a Saryn, and Passssser, a Zephyr," the names slid from Syluvi's synthetic throat with sinister satisfaction. Even with the Harvester's lack of organic organs, one could hear the serpent's tongue savor each syllable as a succulent sweetmeat. "Two of Galusssss' besssst mar'hs," the Harvester's voice couldn't properly form the hard 'k' sound. "However, Alad V wanted to try something different. Not a mar'h two Harvester, like myself," she added with a bit of pride, "but a hybrid. Organi'h, not me'hani'al." Syluvi examined Manticore's body and frame critically, opting not to comment further. Yet.

Edited by SnaleKing

The Harvester turned its smooth, sleek head towards Manticore, coiling up behind the contemplative Tenno amalgam. "Two. Pingasssssa, a Saryn, and Passssser, a Zephyr," the names slid from Syluvi's synthetic throat with sinister satisfaction. Even with the Harvester's lack of organic organs, one could hear the serpent's tongue savor each syllable as a succulent sweetmeat. "Two of Galusssss' besssst mar'hs," the Harvester's voice couldn't properly form the hard 'k' sound. "However, Alad V wanted to try something different. Not a mar'h two Harvester, like myself," she added with a bit of pride, "but a hybrid. Organi'h, not me'hani'al." Syluvi examined Manticore's body and frame critically, opting not to comment further. Yet.

Manticore ran her fingers over the empty cryo-pod slowly feeling the cold bite of truth in Syluvi's words, "So he didn't want another harvester... and instead he wanted to create a harvester that could infiltrate the Tenno without any suspicion at all?" She looked over to her, "One that would share their form, their creed, and yet follow his orders to the 'T'?"

Manticore ran her fingers over the empty cryo-pod slowly feeling the cold bite of truth in Syluvi's words, "So he didn't want another harvester... and instead he wanted to create a harvester that could infiltrate the Tenno without any suspicion at all?" She looked over to her, "One that would share their form, their creed, and yet follow his orders to the 'T'?"

"Or, Manti'ore, you're sssssuposssssed to want to be one of them. But, always, when you get h'lose," she whispered, curling her tail perilously close to Manticore, "they ssssee what you are. A mutant. Freak. Es'perriment. And then, you are rejected, no? Tell me, honesssstly, that otherssss do not fear you? For you and I," Syluvi purred, her warm, sleek form close to Manticore, "we are ali'he. H'obbled together from their dead alliessss. How long do you thin'h they will tolerate that? That their eh'tinction is arrived, and itssss form issss their defiled dead? Us?" Syluvi scoffs, sliding away from Manticore, among the Cryopods. "Only the foolssss will not loathe ussss. And their mangled bodiessss will return to hunt their wiser h'in."

Edited by SnaleKing

"Or, Manti'ore, you're sssssuposssssed to want to be one of them. But, always, when you get h'lose," she whispered, curling her tail perilously close to Manticore, "they ssssee what you are. A mutant. Freak. Es'perriment. And then, you are rejected, no? Tell me, honesssstly, that otherssss do not fear you? For you and I," Syluvi purred, her warm, sleek form close to Manticore, "we are ali'he. H'obbled together from their dead alliessss. How long do you thin'h they will tolerate that? That their eh'tinction is arrived, and itssss form issss their defiled dead? Us?" Syluvi scoffs, sliding away from Manticore, among the Cryopods. "Only the foolssss will not loathe ussss. And their mangled bodiessss will return to hunt their wiser h'in."

"You really think that they will push me away?" Manticore looked at her own hand, not quite Zephyr, plated with pieces of a Saryn. 'They haven't been anything but nice except for when I first woke up.' Flexing her fingers a bit she spoke again, "Syluvi, do you hate that Alad V made me to replace the mark-II harvesters? That I am made from the dead but still living, not made of mechanical pieces such as you or even the Tenno sentinels. Syluvi... If he was such a bright man, why would he leave us with emotion, the ability to question our existence, why wouldn't he just program us like any other proxy?"

Manticore turned over her shoulder no sight of Syluvi, she spoke with a bit of apprehension in her voice, almost as if she had lost the one person she could actually talk to, "Syluvi?"

Edited by Astralin

"You really think that they will push me away?" Manticore looked at her own hand, not quite Zephyr, plated with pieces of a Saryn. 'They haven't been anything but nice except for when I first woke up.' Flexing her fingers a bit she spoke again, "Syluvi, do you hate that Alad V made me to replace the mark-II harvesters? That I am made from the dead but still living, not made of mechanical pieces such as you or even the Tenno sentinels. Syluvi... If he was such a bright man, why would he leave us with emotion, the ability to question our existence, why wouldn't he just program us like any other proxy?"

Manticore turned over her shoulder no sight of Syluvi, she spoke with a bit of apprehension in her voice, almost as if she had lost the one person she could actually talk to, "Syluvi?"

Scirocco smiled and took a mental note of the Nyx before walking past and wandering about the ship, eventually ending up at the cryopod storage. Seeing Syluvi the Harvester, she stiffened in shock of seeing a harvester.

Syluvi scoffed at Manticore's suggestions. "Replaccccce? If you are such a great replacccccement, what's your h'ount, hm? How many Tenno have had their blood spilled by your hand?" She let the silence pass for a moment. "What I thought. And-" she slips down to Manticore's level again, her head leveled accusingly, "he wasssss not great. He was a sssssniveling child, h'linging to that lazy ssssscrap Zanu'ha like a infant's plaything. No," she hissed bitterly, "he wassss not great. We were made with emotion be'hause he was a lonely fool. We were made to h'ill because he was angry and sssspiteful." She moved her head over Manticore's shoulder, watching the newcomer. "Ahhh... I do not re'hognize you, freak. What h'ut you apart?"

Syluvi scoffed at Manticore's suggestions. "Replaccccce? If you are such a great replacccccement, what's your h'ount, hm? How many Tenno have had their blood spilled by your hand?" She let the silence pass for a moment. "What I thought. And-" she slips down to Manticore's level again, her head leveled accusingly, "he wasssss not great. He was a sssssniveling child, h'linging to that lazy ssssscrap Zanu'ha like a infant's plaything. No," she hissed bitterly, "he wassss not great. We were made with emotion be'hause he was a lonely fool. We were made to h'ill because he was angry and sssspiteful." She moved her head over Manticore's shoulder, watching the newcomer. "Ahhh... I do not re'hognize you, freak. What h'ut you apart?"

Scirocco blinked out of her initial shock with a slight anger and feeling of annoyance replacing it.

"Freak? At least I don't look like a Naga. These arms are cybernetic and I can detach them at will." She snorted in derision, taking offence at what Syluvi said.

Edited by MetroFallout

Syluvi scoffed at Manticore's suggestions. "Replaccccce? If you are such a great replacccccement, what's your h'ount, hm? How many Tenno have had their blood spilled by your hand?" She let the silence pass for a moment. "What I thought. And-" she slips down to Manticore's level again, her head leveled accusingly, "he wasssss not great. He was a sssssniveling child, h'linging to that lazy ssssscrap Zanu'ha like a infant's plaything. No," she hissed bitterly, "he wassss not great. We were made with emotion be'hause he was a lonely fool. We were made to h'ill because he was angry and sssspiteful." She moved her head over Manticore's shoulder, watching the newcomer. "Ahhh... I do not re'hognize you, freak. What h'ut you apart?"

Manticore's eyes leveled on Scirocco as she entered the room and froze. Her mind wandered over what Syluvi had said, "You're right i haven't any to count for myself. But why is it still your goal to perform such acts Syluvi?" her eyes never moved away from Scirocco.