Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are The Ships Firing At?

sir_deadlock

They're attacking the darkness

Can't explain all the gunfire that you're makin' me feeeeel...

My 4ths in cooldown and you're launchin' alloy steel!

Shooting you, shooting me,

shooting you, Clem, you're shooting meeee...

Edited by KoshLovesYou

I always assumed they were firing at targets that weren't in visual range. I mean, space is huge. No self-respecting spaceship captain would pull up within visual range of an enemy ship when there are literally millions of miles of space that aren't full of dudes shooting at you.

don't invasions between corpus-grineer generally show the two ships linked?

Why are the ships always fighting someone when we board them?

Also since we now can take a good look at the Grineer ships from our Lisets, i noticed that there are no giant cannons poking out of the side of the ship despite the fact that we constantly see them when we board them.

The guns can be retractable, dude. Even those classic galleons of old times could hide their cannons.

Most of these background events should have a target by now. Which one does not? I think the Grineer Galleon canons might still be firing at nothing but other than that I cannot think of any.

They have been trying to shoot down their own planet for a long time. I've seen them, trying to take down Saturn for quite some time with no luck. It would be devistating to see if they succeed. 

They have been trying to shoot down their own planet for a long time. I've seen them, trying to take down Saturn for quite some time with no luck. It would be devistating to see if they succeed. 

One does not simply destroy a gas planet. I wish good luck for the Grineer attempting to succeed on that.

Considering the fact that projectiles have a much longer range in space, I don;t think it's necessary to have something in visual range. This goes for both the Galleons and the Ground-to-space cannons. But, yeah. It's a bit more fun to put something there XD. 

Can't explain all the gunfire that you're makin' me feeeeel...

My 4ths in cooldown and you're launchin' alloy steel!

Shooting you, shooting me,

shooting you, Clem, you're shooting meeee...

They're attacking the darkness

hqdefault.jpg

There are some... strange people on this forum.

Speaking of firing ships, why not have the ship tilesets that have the fire hazard sometimes shudder a bit during the mission run, as though being hit by a shell? As for ground based maps (Corpus Outpost etc.), random shells hitting the ground (at outside) and dealing a bit of damage to the Tenno (because gameplay mechanics), with inside also shuddering from the impact. 

That can place a small answer to where the shells are hitting. 

All of this already happens in Invasion missions.

All of this already happens in Invasion missions.

Not your normal fire hazard missions. 

Having a few of them every now and then would help to increase immersion instead of the Lotus just saying, "The ship has taken a few hits." and leaving it as that.