Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Level Extensions = Bad!

CephalonFran

Oh come on, you can't be serious. You complain about new content, because you don't get the layout the first few times? How about learning, as you do with every other new game, level, whatever?

People these days... honestly.

I just posted something related in UI feedback.

Basically, the waypoint is sometimes messed up in direction. My suggestion was to have some way of indicating whether the point is higher or lower than your position. Think that will at least help us to workaround the messed up position by at least knowing whether to search for a way up or down (for me, z-difference is the main reason for difficulty in locating where the waypoint is in the new levels, esp when the new levels have a larger z-variance.)

I've only seen two in asteroid base (the big one with the vents below the catwalks with a wall run path leading to some platforms on one wall, and the cramped one with like 10 staircases and the room in the middle) but they were awesome, I did get lost exploring the first one, but it was full of parkour. I wanna see what else got added!

I've played a couple of new maps, or at least new uses of the existing tile sets.  For the most part I like them.  But that said, When we had collected everything we could, and kilt everyone we could find, spending an additional 15 minutes trying to find an exit did not fall into the category of having a good time.  I definitely agree that if DE is going to expand the maps into the 3rd dimension, they need to update the objective marker with a 3rd-dimension tell.  The easiest way might be to make change the amber color of the objective to a standard 2nd color for "above you" and a standard 3rd color for "below you".

I actually really liked that new room with the stairs. Lots of verticality, plenty of places to wall run. It's good, except...

2013041400002.jpg

I managed to clip completely out of the map on the conveyor belt. According to my radar one of the enemies must have done the same thing, hence why I was trying to figure out where he went. The advisor said the map was clear but the waypoint still indicated there was an enemy. It didn't fix itself until I died when I clipped outside the map and fell into the void. It didn't take any serious effort on my part to make this happen, either- I literally walked right through the fence at the end of the conveyor and just kept on going, until eventually I fell off the end into the void.

By the way, why the hell do I get a revive taken away for clipping outside the map?!? Shouldn't it just make me fall back into the level like when ordinarily falling into a place inside the level- screen fades to black, then you're back where you fell from? I feel a bit cheated having a revive taken away for a mapping design flaw.

EDIT: Speaking of clipping, it seems the Tenno have a bit of a dislike for displacements and props.

2013040400005.jpg2013041300010.jpg

Yeah, it's a beta. But it's important to catch some footy of this stuff to make sure it gets ironed out before an official release.

Edited by SFkenny

People regularly abort the mission when they see the giant new sections. Or they abort after 5 minutes of searching around.

If having people regularly abort the mission was the design goal, then mission accomplished.