Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shields after Update 5.3

AmmokK

yes i understand that BUT there is no info on

1. how much you start with 10-100-1000

2. how much reduction your armour gives you

3. well bad info on stats in general

50 so 50% reduction. It is like true.

With upgrades you have a 200 base shield, and the % was cummulative. It didn't add on your base shield values, but on your current.

With base shield i think your right. But the % wasnt cummulative, they multiplicate like ((base*Mod)*Mod). But for now i dont think that 2.5(250 base shield with Pro) mitigations will be vital for bothering for it.

50 so 50% reduction. It is like true.

Id like a link/source for this please

also remeber i was mostly talking sheilds and the fact that there is no info on armor and the sheild mods are flat while armor mods are still %

If you have 50 armor and it is 50% like you said then that means 2 50% armor mods will give you 100 arm*= 100% damage reduction=invaunrability

Also i apologise for my really shait spelling, i am a native english speaker i am just very very tierd at the moment

Edited by Koagedo

Id like a link/source for this please

also remeber i was mostly talking sheilds and the fact that there is no info on armor and the sheild mods are flat while armor mods are still %

If you have 50 armor and it is 50% like you said then that means 2 50% armor mods will give you 100 arm*= 100% damage reduction=invaunrability

It was at the description of armor mods like 50%(50+25). Dont have any now, so cant get proof.

I think that there is hardcap on in, mb 80-90%.

It was at the description of armor mods like 50%(50+25). Dont have any now, so cant get proof.

I think that there is hardcap on in, mb 80-90%.

I have a 43% arm mod and yes you are right with 50 being the base armor, it says 50 - 71 ish when i mouseover BUT it doesnt tell me what those numbers mean, for all i know 50 armor could mean 1% damage reduction 10% damage reduction 25%..... and so on, there is no indication to what that value means

It might not even be a percentaile mitigation it could be for ever 10 arm you reduce incoming damage by 1 so say 71 arm would reduce every bullet by 7.1 damage

Edited by Koagedo

I have a 43% arm mod and yes you are right it says 50 - 71 ish when i mouseover BUT it doesnt tell me what those numbers mean, for all i know 50 armor could mean 1% damage reduction 10% damage reduction 25%..... and so on, there is no indication to what that value means

Pretty much this. Unless the devs come out and straight on tell us, we'll never know EXACTLY what it means.

Pretty much this. Unless the devs come out and straight on tell us, we'll never know EXACTLY what it means.

witch is a reason i was the % back :P

also going out so dont expect a reply from me for a few hours

Edited by Koagedo

Seems to me that the change is good. I still have my shield recharging faster than ememies can take it down, unless they are a boss, but at the bosses I simply go invicible so it's all good.

Volt doesn't take any damage anyway.

Excaliber can just slash-dash away.

LOKI is for advanced players! Oh yeah he doesn't take damage either.

Mag doesn't take damage.

Ember (havn't played it since the update)

Ash is in the foundry.

Trinity is only rank 8, still survives in jupiter.

Really you're still a space ninja who kills everything in your wake, you just have to make sure you don't get shot(like any sanenonsuitwearingperson would do.

Seems to me that the change is good. I still have my shield recharging faster than ememies can take it down, unless they are a boss, but at the bosses I simply go invicible so it's all good.

Volt doesn't take any damage anyway.

Excaliber can just slash-dash away.

LOKI is for advanced players! Oh yeah he doesn't take damage either.

Mag doesn't take damage.

Ember (havn't played it since the update)

Ash is in the foundry.

Trinity is only rank 8, still survives in jupiter.

Really you're still a space ninja who kills everything in your wake, you just have to make sure you don't get shot(like any sanenonsuitwearingperson would do.

The few times I get killed now and then, is when I'm in the midst of a Corpus rampage, and some of those flying things, put those shield drainers on you, it can bring you down fast, and a few MOA's that stunlock you on top of that is all that is needed to kill you.

I've never been killed by infested or grineer though.

I think the nerf was a bit off in intended effect, yes it reduced the over zealous stackers with pro unlocked slots, but it also reduced those who were low stat and not pro unlocked, those with 400 shield went down to 200, and 200 as a level 30 is pretty bad and progress hindering while using the best mods you can find after 25hrs of acumulated gameplay. It should have been a stacking penalty reduction or increased static values.

No level 30 should have a shield so low a level 10ish mob can 1 hit him on a bad day.

Note: I should mention, consider that 200 cut in half in an ice level, nice 100+ish sheild in the upper missions is unbearable.

you're absolutely right

Out of curiosity, to those of you who are now having difficulties, what are your currently equipped mods and at what missions are you stuggling with? I promise I'm not asking so I can ridicule you, I'm just wondering how close to the power ceiling you're operating at.

IMO i would like to see the % system back in use with the sheilds but as an additive to the base sheilds that you have that way you can still get decant amount of sheilds and still not have stupid amounts, also limiting the cap to about 50% instdead of 70% would be better (assuming they swiched to additive percentages)

Ugh, that's the same system. +50 and +50% (of base 100) stacked additively amounts to the same figure...

EDIT: Missed some of the posts after, is there any source to say that you can increase your base shield past 100? I know you can get "shield capacity" upgrades, but is that a modification OF your base, or TO your base?

Edited by Lionsbane

Ugh, that's the same system. +50 and +50% (of base 100) stacked additively amounts to the same figure...

EDIT: Missed some of the posts after, is there any source to say that you can increase your base shield past 100? I know you can get "shield capacity" upgrades, but is that a modification OF your base, or TO your base?

It isn't the same wich my later posts clearly explain ^^

old system 100+ 50% +50% = 225 my suggestion 100+50%+50%= 200 its not alot of a diffrence at the start but at a maxed pro suit the diffrence is around 4.2k sheild less than the old system

+the edit, logically the sheild cap upgrades bost your base but no there is no source for this as far as i am aware

Out of curiosity, to those of you who are now having difficulties, what are your currently equipped mods and at what missions are you stuggling with? I promise I'm not asking so I can ridicule you, I'm just wondering how close to the power ceiling you're operating at.

Im running a 24 exalibur but ive been really unlucky with mod drops so ive only got around 340 sheilds witch get destroyed within seconds

Edit: tomorrow i will summerise everything i have posted into one long post so people dont get confused :P even if you DON'T want me to muhahahahahahahaha *evil laughter*

Edited by Koagedo

It isn't the same wich my later posts clearly explain ^^

old system 100+ 50% +50% = 225 my suggestion 100+50%+50%= 200 its not alot of a diffrence at the start but at a maxed pro suit the diffrence is around 4.2k sheild less than the old system

+the edit, logically the sheild cap upgrades bost your base but no there is no source for this as far as i am aware

Yeah I didn't take into account the shield cap upgrades actually affecting your base, rather than just functioning like a mod. Fair play.

I am using mainly Shield recharge now, with 2x 75% recharge, 5x50 shield capacity. Instead of just going out there and just tank everything now I run out and kill some then get back to regen then run out some more. It slow the pace down for me a bit as a melee based player, but I think this makes more sense.

well it looks like people wern't as confused as i though, good cause i really cant be arsed with making a huge post :D but i still think they need to do something with the sheilds even if its just giving them a small buff because for somone like me that has been really unlucky with mods its a hell of a problem to do anything

How is armor actually calculated and when is it getting capped (or deminishing returns) because this seems like the table is being turned yet the results will be the same again, people will stack crazy amount of armor and end up with undamagable health pool.

I think armor is additive, the only thing that they really can't do is change +armor% to just +Armor. That will really take all the use of this mod away

Well as it is now it trivializes content 20 levels above the rank of my character. All mods should use a flat number instead of a multiplier. It's far easier to balance content around concrete minimums and maximums than whacky variations based on multipliers.

How is armor actually calculated and when is it getting capped (or deminishing returns) because this seems like the table is being turned yet the results will be the same again, people will stack crazy amount of armor and end up with undamagable health pool.

Pretty much. I don't think armor is capped or suffers DR. I think caps and DR are unnecessary when items are properly designed but an easy way to balance PvE content so I'll give them a pass. For the Warframe devs a piece of constructive criticism: For the love of pie please tell players what the caps are and how much DR they're being subjected to. It's very annoying when I have to open a spreadsheet and calculate all that junk myself. At the very least please give us the formulas they're already in the code and if your team is worried about balancing the game at all you should have them on-hand anyway.

When you add linear progression and statistics upgrades the entire game starts to revolve even more around math.

Edited by MegatechBody

Pretty much. I don't think armor is capped or suffers DR. I think caps and DR are unnecessary when items are properly designed but an easy way to balance PvE content so I'll give them a pass. For the Warframe devs a piece of constructive criticism: For the love of pie please tell players what the caps are and how much DR they're being subjected to. It's very annoying when I have to open a spreadsheet and calculate all that junk myself. At the very least please give us the formulas they're already in the code and if your team is worried about balancing the game at all you should have them on-hand anyway.

Good game design is more about math than anything.

Agreed