Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unconstructive Feedback Warnings.

BenzinNinJa

I'm seeing a lot of unconstructive replies that might as well have been "L2P nØØb" or "Lol u Suck teh baals!", rather than something useful. This is really a shame, and I sincerely hope most people are more friendly and/or helpful in the real world, than they seem to be online.

My suggestion would be to have a secondary warning system, that is used for posts that are not constructive, uncalled for, and shouldn't have been posted in the first place.

If I were to be crowned king and queen of all cheeses, I would personally go on a warning rampage with such a system.

That depends dude. If the OP's post itself is constructive than why not. If the OP's post isn't and is hate fuel and stupid the OP deserves what he gets. Usually post that have no research into it either

Edited by izzatuw

If I were to be crowned king and queen of all cheeses, I would personally go on a warning rampage with such a system.

Trust me, you DON'T want to do that as a moderator unless you don't care about your reputation.

I believe you can report unconstructive / destructive content to the mods, and they'll take action against the offending threads /users reasonably frequently

This.

We do not tolerate trolls, especially in Players Helping Players, or non-constructive comments like "PVP sucks and should be removed" in the PVP feedback section.

If you see it happening, report it. We seek to cut out as much of the toxicity from the forums as possible, but it's impossible for us to see every single post that goes up. You are our eyes and ears.

Also, there may be a restructuring of how/when warning points are assigned and how they work soon, which would greatly improve our ability to effectively dissuade users from posting toxic comments with something a bit less harsh than the existing system.

I'm seeing a lot of unconstructive replies that might as well have been "L2P nØØb" or "Lol u Suck teh baals!", rather than something useful. This is really a shame, and I sincerely hope most people are more friendly and/or helpful in the real world, than they seem to be online.

In these examples you cited, they are already covered in the Community Rules - they would be violating item no. 1 (Respect, because insults), 2 (Posting, because derailment/spam) and/or 3 (Trolling). The offenders would be given a permanent warning point as per the guidelines.

Please use the report function to alert the mods, so we can take the appropriate action. We cannot read every thread in the forums 24/7, so we need everyone's help in order to make the forums a more welcoming place.