The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alt Fire And Zoom In Are Separate Keys. Why Don't They Work As Such?

Naftal

This is of course with seperate alt fire and aim bindings. Aiming works with any other weapon but not with Panthera, Paracyst, Quanta and Mutalist Quanta, making the whole seperating of those buttons useless.

Interestingly enough, you can aim with Castanas and Penta, but the aim button will detonate them too. Alt fire button does nothing with them.

Buzlok has alternate firing mechanism on when you are firing while aiming. It should use alt fire key for alt firing instead so you could fire your primary fire while aiming.

EDIT: With recently introduced Paracyst, which works the same as both Quantas, using the secondary fire button but doing nothing with aim button, I'm going to revive this thread.

EDIT2: Panthera.

EDIT3: Buzlok

Edited by Naftal

Wish zoom and alt fire had split key binding options.

Like the way sprint and roll were split to separate keys, but could be kept together for those who wished.

They do have seperate bindings.

This is a bug where those seperate bindings are not working correctly.

i dont understand, all of those dont need to be zoomed in, the penta arcs too much for a zoom to matter, the castanas are pretty acurate (the one in the left hand is thrown a littl to the left) and the quantas are mid to close range machenegun/lasers, i dont see why you need to get a closer look

Edited by Kurrumitsumi

i dont understand, all of those dont need to be zoomed in, the penta arcs too much for a zoom to matter, the castanas are pretty acurate (the one in the left hand is thrown a littl to the left) and the quantas are mid to close range machenegun/lasers, i dont see why you need to get a closer look

It's irrelevant if it's needed or not. The point is that the seperate buttons for alt fire and aiming do not work correctly with any of these weapons.

It's irrelevant if it's needed or not. The point is that the seperate buttons for alt fire and aiming do not work correctly with any of these weapons.

the reason is because they have an alt fire, they dont need to be zoomed in because it doesnt help the wepon function at all, and since they have an alt fire why waste the time of adding in something useless?

the reason is because they have an alt fire, they dont need to be zoomed in because it doesnt help the wepon function at all, and since they have an alt fire why waste the time of adding in something useless?

It being useless is your personal opinion.

There is a button for aiming, it should work the same on all weapons.

There is a button for alternate firing, it should work on all weapons with alternate firing mechanism.

I am calm, am I not?

Just answering your posts.

you seem a little tense lol

im sorry that i dont see the use in these wepons having an actual aim, cause i just dont think there gonna do anything about it :/

i mean what do you get out of aiming with theese? it just doesnt seem like it has any real purpose beside every other wepon can do it

you seem a little tense lol

im sorry that i dont see the use in these wepons having an actual aim, cause i just dont think there gonna do anything about it :/

i mean what do you get out of aiming with theese? it just doesnt seem like it has any real purpose beside every other wepon can do it

What do you get out of aiming with any weapon? I find it really useful to get the slowed down movement AND mouse sensitivity during that time for the split seconds I need it in some situations.

They added the alternate fire button to the game. It was tied to aiming before.

Since they added that, I see no reason why they wouldn't fix it since it is not working as intended.

Edited by Naftal

Even with a Penta, while I agree isn't very crucial for the weapon itself, having the ability to zoom in does help with warframe abilities that require you to aim at a target. For example: hitting a heavy gunner in a huge swarm of enemies with Nyx's mind control at long range is much easier if you can zoom in. I have a lot more flexibility if I have the option to delay that mob of enemies in the case Chaos isn't ready yet or I don't have enough energy to cast it, freeing me up to Penta higher priority targets, like those lvl 50-70 mobs currently wailing on the core/pod/teammate.

The new Quanta also has a much longer range than Flux Rifle, Synapse, Amprex  or other similar continuous beam weapons. First thing I thought when I started using it was "Wow this hits a lot farther than I was expecting. I wish I could zoom with this".

Even with a Penta, while I agree isn't very crucial for the weapon itself, having the ability to zoom in does help with warframe abilities that require you to aim at a target. For example: hitting a heavy gunner in a huge swarm of enemies with Nyx's mind control at long range is much easier if you can zoom in. I have a lot more flexibility if I have the option to delay that mob of enemies in the case Chaos isn't ready yet or I don't have enough energy to cast it, freeing me up to Penta higher priority targets, like those lvl 50-70 mobs currently wailing on the core/pod/teammate.

now that is some cold hard fact that i cant deny, youve sold me!

but seriously i see the point there im not being sarcastic i swear

Edited by Kurrumitsumi

I am one of those strange mutants who has something other than aim/alt-fire bound to my RMB (Crouch, to be precise), with middle mouse serving that function. However, with the Quanta equipped, RMB fires the cubes, leaving me unable to crouch while using it.

It seems that RMB is hard-coded to be the alt-fire, and a fix would be greatly appreciated.

As a huge fan of the recently added Quanta, my biggest speedbump in advertising this gun to friends is that it can't zoom in. Having some issues with this myself, and with some other guns feeling some alt/zoom inconsistency (ie, Penta), I did some research, and came up with some results.

For testing purposes, let us assume that my alt fire key is F2, while the zoom in is default (Mouse 2/ "Right Click").

Using the Quanta, zoom in does nothing, and alt fire shoots bubbles. Shouldn't the zoom in key do something?

However, using the Penta, the alt fire key does nothing. I'm almost convinced this is a bug.

To make it clear, pressing F2, the alt fire key, does nothing. Even when a grenade is on the ground. In order to detonate a grenade, you HAVE to press the zoom in key, EVEN WHEN THEY ARE SEPARATELY BOUND.

I really think, in order to keep consistency, these weapons should be allowed to zoom in, with all functions that isn't the primary fire being linked to the alt fire key. After all, what's the point of them having separate bindings in the options when no weapon can actually use both of them?

I honestly think that the inability to zoom with Quanta is an intended counter to it's many great strengths. It strikes a very interesting balance, since it is more versatile than almost any weapon, but it also has drawbacks that are unique to it as well. 

PS4 gamers are out of buttons to push.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Key_Bindings

I'm not a PS4 player, but according to wiki page, it seems that down,left and right button on the d-pad are not used.

Maybe we can use those button.

It's not simply about having a button to push either- it's more about the buttons not having the functionality they seem like they should have

Edited by Tragixx

I honestly think that the inability to zoom with Quanta is an intended counter to it's many great strengths. It strikes a very interesting balance, since it is more versatile than almost any weapon, but it also has drawbacks that are unique to it as well. 

That's a really good point, but there's also the inconsistency issues with the Penta.

It's not simply about having a button to push either- it's more about the buttons not having the functionality they seem like they should have

I'm not sure if this is intended or a bug. But I tend to think it is intended. Perhaps DE might change it after receiving so many feedback.