Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Going Out To Meet The Enemy

(PSN)Lord_Vitalus

Being that this is the General Discussion area I figured I'd generally discuss something that confuses me with many Tenno that I play with on mainly Defense and Dark Sector Mobile Defense Conflicts. Perhaps other Tenno have encountered this same behavior or maybe even the very Tenno that do this could give me and other Tenno insight as to your logic behind this behavior.

Going out to Meet the Enemy, Why?

I see this quite a bit on Earth Defense missions while farming Neurodes, Tenno would run out to meet Grineer and Infested on Dark Sector Missions rather than stay close to the Cryopod. Although on low level waves this isn't much of a problem for most Tenno, I see this behavior continue on waves plus fifteen. Once I actually rescued a Tenno TWICE who ran out to meet the enemy and was taken down (Bleeding out). Rather than return to the Cryopod to assist in Defense they stayed out and went down a third time while facing heavy gunners, at this point I just kept to the objective and let them watch me play out the rest of the wave and quit when complete.

I also see this on Dark Sector Conflicts where Tenno would run out into the halls, or sometimes Down the hall and into neighboring rooms to fight Void enemies and Specters. Many times during these conflicts I'm the only Tenno in the room defending the Control Console, and have sometimes left the room to rescue downed Tenno who are Rooms away then return to Our objective in the nick of time to prevent Us from failing our mission.

Often times as stated above I would have to just let them die due to being under attack, and leaving the objective area would insure defeat. Some Tenno would even approach me after Reviving with lives they have and swing at me with their Melee weapons as to say I should have rescued them...Perhaps a hard lesson was in order.

If all Tenno stay near the objective on higher level defense missions and pool their skills and abilities, mission would be much more successful and we can go much further than just 15 or 20 waves. When we are close to one another a group can revive a down Tenno much faster, while still defending our objective.

So...Why? Why go out to meet the enemy?

Edited by (PS4)Lord_Vitalus

So I see I am not alone and I figured this behavior wasn't new, but now I see there is actually a phrase for these individuals and I will classify them as such. These Tenno who seem to have the need to avenge themselves to the foe after being downed, just to get downed again 2, 3, and 4 times over. 

Dude... Bro... Gotta get them kills man, it's all about them kills bro F*** the objective, objectives are for suckers dudemanbro. Just gotta power level my freshly 40+ forma'd Rhino Prime because I'm a beast like that dude. Call me Broseidon, king of the Brocean, I drive a LamBroghini with my KuBro riding shotgun.

#hashtagswag

I've encountered these people before... When they bleed out, stand over them and crouch repetitively and rest in the knowledge that they would likely have done the same to you.

Dude... Bro... Gotta get them kills man, it's all about them kills bro F*** the objective, objectives are for suckers dudemanbro. Just gotta power level my freshly 40+ forma'd Rhino Prime because I'm a beast like that dude. Call me Broseidon, king of the Brocean, I drive a LamBroghini with my KuBro riding shotgun.

#hashtagswag

I've encountered these people before... When they bleed out, stand over them and crouch repetitively and rest in the knowledge that they would likely have done the same to you.

Glorious.

I usually just revive them.

I'll always revive someone 3x in Defense. If they go down more than 3x in a set of 5 waves, they don't need to be doing that mission or they should be more strategically positioned. If my squad revives them, cool. If not, it's a chance for them to learn a valuable lesson in locational strategem.

I mean are you really doing them any favors by constantly reviving them? Letting them believe they can keep playing Doorway Hero and rely on their team to drop everything to revive them only to repeat the same process over and over again? To that I say, nay. Let them die and rage about it.

Edited by Kestral9999

Either of the following:

1) masochist (probably hurts REALLY bad)

2) wannabe heroes

3) some reasonable argument

4) other reasons unknown to mankind

i usually run around placing bounce pads and bastille all over place to slow down large quantity enemy advancement. then i come back and start doing what my frame is designed to do.

More Bastilles!!! :D

Usually, it's just being keyed up and wanting to engage the enemy. It's not a good idea as pointed out, and it's exacerbated by the enemy AI (particularly grineer) to retreat in the face of a determined tenno attack. It's particulary ironic on infested missions, since they invariably close aggressively with you. If you could sit still for 30sec to a minute, you'd have more infested than you know what to do with.

Mostly, I just ignore it. If someone does get downed and I can't see them with a quick glance around, I'm not going to bother going to find them--considering they might very well be clear across the map.

If the whole team goes full retard on a defense or mobile defense, then decisions have to be made. Unless there's something specific I really want from completing the mission, well, when in Rome...and, yes, I'll let it fail thereby.

My only question to the OP is...why do you talk that way. It's so stuffy x'D

Seriously, door way heroes exist. It's not so bad when the heroing is coordinated, but it gets bad when they don't know what they're doing.

I have a simple rule: You/I solo, because yolo.

If I go soloing off somewhere, I do not expect a rez and I will not rez anyone out of my range. I watch them die and they are free to watch me die. I expect that anyone who wants to hero, has gear that can take care of them with no problems.

Heroing is more of a problem in Survival than on Defense though, on Defense, I can usually defend the pod on my own. But on Survival it kills my spawns and I grow impatient for the killing and so I let people die. They're only there to boost my XP anyhow.

I agree with what Semshol has said, and when I have done DS conflicts I have often been the one to cover the objective and go out and meet the enemy, if it's worth it I was playing Ash before they nerfed him in the conflicts and I pretty much could trash the opposition no matter what team I was on.

The only reason I would go out to meet them is to find one guy capable of decimating the team I was on (usually another Ash) I was ridiculously annoying since I used Teleport to bypass most AoE (snow globe, bastille, vortex)

As to OP's question why do this? Because newer players see older skilled players doing this so they emulate it. Now as to on Earth Defense nodes, it's the AI is incredibly buggy and I usually stay at pod because I know they'll all come for the pod. I also try to tell the newbies of spawn mechanics and why a group should stay together and fight (more so applicable on survival). It's really tough dealing with PUG's that want to be Heroes but they can't, I just try to tell them 'stay with group' when I'm rezzing them and if he goes down again alone I leave him even if that means failing the mission.

Hopefully telling the wannabe 'Heroes' once and then letting them die if they do it again, and failing the mission because of them will teach them.

I agree with what Semshol has said, and when I have done DS conflicts I have often been the one to cover the objective and go out and meet the enemy, if it's worth it I was playing Ash before they nerfed him in the conflicts and I pretty much could trash the opposition no matter what team I was on.

The only reason I would go out to meet them is to find one guy capable of decimating the team I was on (usually another Ash) I was ridiculously annoying since I used Teleport to bypass most AoE (snow globe, bastille, vortex)

As to OP's question why do this? Because newer players see older skilled players doing this so they emulate it. Now as to on Earth Defense nodes, it's the AI is incredibly buggy and I usually stay at pod because I know they'll all come for the pod. I also try to tell the newbies of spawn mechanics and why a group should stay together and fight (more so applicable on survival). It's really tough dealing with PUG's that want to be Heroes but they can't, I just try to tell them 'stay with group' when I'm rezzing them and if he goes down again alone I leave him even if that means failing the mission.

Hopefully telling the wannabe 'Heroes' once and then letting them die if they do it again, and failing the mission because of them will teach them.

Considering you mainly run as Ash, who is pretty much locked to DPS, it wouldn't be terribly fair to ask you to stick next to the objective. If you're not n00bing out, aka "bleeding out" constantly then it isn't much of anyone's business if you decide to do what your frame was built to do.

Other, more defense and utility oriented frames need to be available to help the group when needed.

Edited by Kestral9999

Considering you mainly run as Ash, who is pretty much locked to DPS, it wouldn't be terribly fair to ask you to stick next to the objective. If you're not n00bing out, aka "bleeding out" constantly then it isn't much of anyone's business if you decide to do what your frame was built to do.

Other, more defense and utility oriented frames need to be available to help the group when needed.

Well Ash was the example I used I love his ability to perform a long range air strike (bladestorm). The others I run with are Mag Prime or Nyx. My nyx basically sits on the pod all the time and Mag, well she just yanks everything to the pod so they have to come to it.

And yes I agree that defense and utility is great, but a frame that goes down quickly usually doesn't stay up for long anyways.

- If I feel like teaching you a lesson and the pod will die without me I will rezz you.

- If the pod will survive without me, I don't leave to rezz a 'Hero' in defense maps unless they are around 30m away.

Edited by CrypticXenon

Well Ash was the example I used I love his ability to perform a long range air strike (bladestorm). The others I run with are Mag Prime or Nyx. My nyx basically sits on the pod all the time and Mag, well she just yanks everything to the pod so they have to come to it.

And yes I agree that defense and utility is great, but a frame that goes down quickly usually doesn't stay up for long anyways.

- If I feel like teaching you a lesson and the pod will die without me I will rezz you.

- If the pod will survive without me, I don't leave to rezz a 'Hero' in defense maps unless they are around 30m away.

Sounds like you're playing the game right, carry on. 

I understand more so now in that I didn't consider the Warframe being used like in the Ash example - That in itself makes some since to me, but not every Warframe performs as Ash, and it is true one needs to understand ones place (sort of speak) when it comes to the Warframe and the mission.

Just the same I once did a Conflict mission where a Loki and Volt both guarded a hallway behind Volts shield, while me and a Rhino who occasionally ran out of the room to attack the enemy manned the objective.  What killed me about this behavior is what seems to be one way thinking, like all enemies are going to come through "This" hallway, completely ignoring the Fact that there are four other doors to the objective behind them.

As far as Survival goes I learned sticking together is much better as stated previously in posts above for spawn concentration rates.

Add On: Kestral9999

"Dude... Bro... Gotta get them kills man, it's all about them kills bro F*** the objective, objectives are for suckers dudemanbro. Just gotta power level my freshly 40+ forma'd Rhino Prime because I'm a beast like that dude. Call me Broseidon, king of the Brocean, I drive a LamBroghini with my KuBro riding shotgun.

#hashtagswag"

AWESOME!! LOL!

Hallway Heroes who fall over when they're waist down in another room is the only kind of player I don't even bother to go revive. For one, they think they can do the job by themselves, then they're fully expected to be able to handle their own; if they fall, it's cold hard proof they were wrong.

UNLESS it's a tactic we've already agreed on (as in, with a group of friends or clan) in which case I'll lend support.

And for added hilarity, if you happen to have a Molecular Drop or Mirage's disco ball, send it their way from time to time and watch them rage as you clean up their precious hunting grounds. The backlash can get pretty ridiculous... but it's a learning experience (but not really) and perhaps someday, they'll come wiser for it (but not likely)

Edited by Wiegraf

I dont like to admit this, but in low lvl missions, im sometimes that guy... But i wont go that far and if someone in "few rooms back" goes down, i will fight my way back to downed person, also if i go down, i am fully aware that if help wont get in there soon enough, its my fault. But in void, "high lvl" planets, i always try to stay close to objective and teammates, especially if it is survival and one of us is necros who is desecrating. I hate those type persons, even when i sometimes fall in their lvls.

Oh, this is easy. They figure Old Man Frost doesn't get enough exercise and want to challenge him by being as far away from pod as possible when they down themselves and see if he can move his butt fast enough to get there before they die AND make it back to the pod to save the mission.

Well, one of the two happens.

Oh, this is easy. They figure Old Man Frost doesn't get enough exercise and want to challenge him by being as far away from pod as possible when they down themselves and see if he can move his butt fast enough to get there before they die AND make it back to the pod to save the mission.

Well, one of the two happens.

I'll take #2 just let them die.

Seriously, if you go into a PUG learn how to play effectively in one. It isn't hard.

Edit: I only do that when close enough to team and on survival because sometimes I'd rather not have the invisible tag for dropping most of the personal life support.

Edited by CrypticXenon

Because you enable them by picking them up.  You have to let them bleedout to teach them. Tough-love, mate.  Tough-love.

I usually go into the next room when defending the last console on DS conflicts because there are only two entrances so it makes more sense to fight them before they enter the room with the console and can damage it.