Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why So Much Excalibur Hate? :(

(PSN)epicspazm

Laugh all you like, but that has been my repeated experience.  I have only ever seen one good Excal player, and that was on youtube.

If you want to play as him then more power to you, but I would never waste a slot for the void on one of my keys with an Excalibur player.

Look truth is unless you play him then I am sorry to say this you really do not know S#&$. It may sound rude but I can only infer that you really haven't been around long enough to realize any frame in the right hands is the best frame in the game. The thing with Excal is even the best may go full melee because you can get away with just about anything in melee. If you use your stun right all the auras cant stop you because they never go off. You do not die because every kill is truly silent (even dread with a missed shot will call attention). The most messed up part is one skill means I have 3 free slots in my build. Enemy sense alone means I never have any issues with maximizing my cc.

You are free to bring what ever frames you want on your key. That being said then only player who really care what other bring are the ones who need a carry.

Nyx vs Excal in terms of CC Excal wins hands down chaos will still have stray shots heading your way and after a certain point they will one shot you (depends on how good you are with her though). In terms of damage Nyx scales infinitely so she wins hands down. Both are top their frames for endless in terms of helping the team and survivability but Excal can really get away with BS Nyx can not. 

A good Excal player with the right blind build is a game changer.

It surprises me that so few people have seen this.

I've done everything I could do with Excalibur, so that's why I don't play him anymore. I killed Vor solo on T4 Defense with Excalibur, ran some nightmare modes solo. It's a pretty good frame, but I suspect this is also the main reason many people don't use him as much, they have burned out from using him. I like variety, so I switch up the frames I use a lot.

Also, most people don't even know radial blind is what causes the enemies from moving. It's not a flashy move, people just see the mobs stop moving and covering their eyes with smoke effects, they probably just ignore it and keep killing things. If you're an Excalibur player, you see this HUGE flash and a bunch of 0's for enemies effected. The correct radius of the full stretch is 58.8 m and it used to give you infinite stun with a four energy siphon team.

The main issue is it's hard to find a player with a good Excalibur build. I want to find other good blind players to do the job for me, but it is hard to find one. Five forma sounds about right for a good versatile build.

Edited by ivlr3vil

I've done everything I could do with Excalibur, so that's why I don't play him anymore. I killed Vor solo on T4 Defense with Excalibur, ran some nightmare modes solo. It's a pretty good frame, but I suspect this is also the main reason many people don't use him as much for higher level play.

Sadly that's not the reason. People are just ignorant.

Protips incoming.

1. Ignore anyone who uses Rhino Prime, Nyx, Nova, or Loki/Prime constantly

2. Ignore anyone who uses Dread, Paris Prime, Boltor Prime, Soma constantly

You're quality of life will increase dramatically. I guarantee it 100%.

Never listen to them. Nothing they say will be worth caring about at all whatsoever, especially when giving orders about missions.

Not entirely true. I think someone is buttflustered.

People hate him cause they dont know how to use him

Too many players worship the meta frames thinking they are the only useful ones in late game.

My advice is to just farm your own void keys and kick the meta worshipers whenever they join your pug group

It's just a somewhat advanced method of replying to a claim with your own opinions, really.

Actually, it's just a dumb way to setup a strawman argument.

Look truth is unless you play him then I am sorry to say this you really do not know S#&$. It may sound rude but I can only infer that you really haven't been around long enough to realize any frame in the right hands is the best frame in the game. The thing with Excal is even the best may go full melee because you can get away with just about anything in melee.

You are free to bring what ever frames you want on your key. That being said then only player who really care what other bring are the ones who need a carry.

I already admitted that a great player can get away with using him, but that if that player can do so well with Excal then he could do even better with a decent frame.

Needing a carry has nothing to do with it. It has to do with wanting an ideal team where every one contributes to the benefit of everyone. My ideal team would be Trinity, Vauban, Loki, and Nekros. I would be fine playing any of those four, though I don't have Nekros.

I main the regular Excal yeah me  ( Ranks21). whenever I am in a survival mission  which I play all the time to rank up everything, I normally go 25-40 mins.  These lokis nyx nova rhino mirage trinity valkyr oberon Vauban mag  ash banshee players always go down @ the 20-25 mins mark. there are veterans alike too, that always do stupid sht, like straying from the group thinking their frame is that good. Napalms gets them every time, or corpus tech and energy drainers... I can attest that 90% of the time when I go down it's because I'm reviving these frames..

building your frame for one thing (ability) is just asking for trouble. We can put this endgame/ master race bs to rest because there is no such thing.. now a long lasting team of different frames whose players knows how to play defense or survivals correctly is a thing of enjoyment.. look me up sometimes if I'm not running solo, my tileset of choice is cassini, elara and outer terminus, dress for the occasion, talking wont do. 

Edited by ranks21

Actually, it's just a dumb way to setup a strawman argument.

I already admitted that a great player can get away with using him, but that if that player can do so well with Excal then he could do even better with a decent frame.

Needing a carry has nothing to do with it. It has to do with wanting an ideal team where every one contributes to the benefit of everyone. My ideal team would be Trinity, Vauban, Loki, and Nekros. I would be fine playing any of those four, though I don't have Nekros.

Once again. 

CC that cost 12 energy with a efficiency build, goes up to 58m, give a 4x boost to melee damage and work well at any level. please tell me how Excal does not contribute to the team?

Once again. 

CC that cost 12 energy with a efficiency build, goes up to 58m, give a 4x boost to melee damage and work well at any level. please tell me how Excal does not contribute to the team?

Melee is far less efficient than gunplay. I typically play as Trinity because she is more involved.  I would rather have a Loki and Vauban.  Loki can disarm everything and Vauban can keep Bastille up infinitely.  That is infinitely more useful than boosting melee damage that no one is using anyway.

Melee is far less efficient than gunplay. I typically play as Trinity because she is more involved.  I would rather have a Loki and Vauban.  Loki can disarm everything and Vauban can keep Bastille up infinitely.  That is infinitely more useful than boosting melee damage that no one is using anyway.

The melee damage boost is only a bonus the blind is where it's at. Anyways I can clearly see that you are unable to see further than the end of your nose. We are not discussing about your personal tastes here(because that's what you just gave us).

I had a post that addressed this argument in this thread.

Radial blind is instant. Compared to that ult, it has a far quicker cast time. If you get cornered, this cast time will be the difference between life and death. 

Slap a Natural Talent and now you've got nothing to complain about.

The melee damage boost is only a bonus the blind is where it's at. Anyways I can clearly see that you are unable to see further than the end of your nose. We are not discussing about your personal tastes here(because that's what you just gave us).

We are discussing why people don't want Excal in their party. Why waste a slot on blinding then for a few seconds when you can use that slot to permanently disarm them? Why waste a slot blinding them when you can just group them together and completely incapacitate them for long periods on time?  The last slot is still better spent, even if you already have the holy trinity (Trinity, Loki, Vauban).

We are discussing why people don't want Excal in their party. Why waste a slot on blinding then for a few seconds when you can use that slot to permanently disarm them? Why waste a slot blinding them when you can just group them together and completely incapacitate them for long periods on time?  The last slot is still better spent, even if you already have the holy trinity (Trinity, Loki, Vauban).

because his blind can work with silence on banshee making enemies unaware of your presence through vision or hearing ultimatly making your entire team invisible. That is much more effective than you seem to realize.

And even if it is just excalibur his blind lasts a very long time and can be permanently kept up, not to mention that he can completely ignore the blind effect and keep enemies permanently stunned which is far more effective than having a trinity vauben or loki in the party. Yes some of you have said mirage can stun/blind as well but with a damage boost? Many people keep overlooking melee weapons that work wonders with that damage boost [ Example: glaive (prime) 10k+ per explosion on a throw with radial blind ]