Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotuses Voice Is Annoying, Please Stop Talking!

Insidiatorii

Folks are protective of Lotus/DERebecca.  

You might consider rephrasing

i.e.,  "I have nothing against DERebecca or her efforts, but I'd like to turn off Lotus' speech.  I find the in game audio rather annoying and repetitive" 

You mean &#! kissers? Yes. That is the term.

Yet people insult Ordis' voice. We're all just nice to Rebecca since she's a female.

I never insulted Ordis. I like him. Both his personality and his voice. Although when he repeated a single phrase every 5 minutes, I wanted to throw him out.

As for Rebecca, it's not like I'm nice to her because she is a female. As I stated before, I'd leave Lotus given the chance. I just appreciate all the effort and work put into her. And pretty much all voiced characters.

The Lotus talks way to much, and in a ridiculous voice that get increasingly annoying every time she starts to talk! I would like to see us being able to change the narrators voice in the setting menu. Her voice is WAY to bland and distasteful!

heresyveinpopping.png

What about having Lotus give us the rundown pre-mission and have Ordis give us the heads up to infantry and lockout information.

This leaves Lotus as a more story related character and less of an annoying bot like character.

It would make more sense if Ordis does the alerts seeing as he has to dock himself with whatever ship your on anyway, and he's always in orbit above you when your on a planet.

Edited by Rhundis

Lotus is love Lotus is life

^this^

I personally don't like it, it's way too monotone and get's in the way of music I'm playing in the BGM.

i remember Lotus used to have a "valley girl" voice and sounded human instead of a robot.....good times

Personally I enjoyed the 'older' version of Lotus's voice since it has more of a 'human' feel to it. Feels like an actual person talking to me instead of an AI (which the game suggests her to be) . Just my personal preferences though.

To OP : If you don't like the sound of Lotus you can just mute the voice in audio options.

Valley girl lotus FTW!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

you can always mute her in the options so at least you can solve you're issue quickly :)

Edited by thecool1232

From this ^ does anyone see me say that I don't like having a narrator? I didn't think so. All I did was state my own opinion on LOTUS's VOICE not Rebecca's. There is no need for people to get defensive about the subject if you know how to read my topic properly. 

Why don't you watch the closed beta warframe video and tell which voice you like better for her...

I wonder if this will be a driving reason for many players to defect to another faction during end-game. 

Grineer: "Ten-no! You have... joined us! What drove you to... this decision? Was it our... overwhelming... force and power?"

Tenno: "Well actually, it's like this..."

Narrator frequency options like in Unreal Tournament, and we can all be happy.

Have suggested it before, and George said it is something they could consider when time allowed.

I currently mute her, but it means missing out on other transmissions :(

We have slowly begun to give certain Lotus lines more personality and emotion, especially during events.  Some lines are still very straightforward ("Bypass is done, you may proceed") but expect to hear more personality as we add more lines to the game.

I know it's a fine balance how and what the voice should deliver to the player, but please don't make her sound too emotional.

I don't wan't any of the players in my game stop, because they get hit by an emotional fit and start crying their eyes out :)

Love the immersion both voices give to the game. hell remember when they were just 2d images not too long ago. the voice acting is done well. do we need more situational dialouge? of course. and with time it will be implemented. Love the voice acting and cant wait to hear more from the queens. Keep it up DE.

What about having Lotus give us the rundown pre-mission and have Ordis give us the heads up to infantry and lockout information.

This leaves Lotus as a more story related character and less of an annoying bot like character.

It would make more sense if Ordis does the alerts seeing as he has to dock himself with whatever ship your on anyway, and he's always in orbit above you when your on a planet.

It would be way better this way