Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotuses Voice Is Annoying, Please Stop Talking!

Insidiatorii

You can change the audio settings under Options.

Personally, I like the sound of Lotus' voice.  It gives me someone to talk to around 3 A.M.

"You are surrounded by Grineer Marines"

"Excellent! I can fire in every direction!  Thank you, Lotus."

Edited by Noamuth

What's wrong with the Lotus' voice? Hell in fact she's one of those things that gives this game its uniqueness.

But I guess an option to mute her would work. I think there's actually an option like that available right now, is there? In the Options menu under Sound? I can't check currently.

Oh man you've gone and hurt Rebecca's feelings now.

Personally I think her voice is great and if you think she talks too much now well you wouldn't have lasted two seconds pre U8.

Lotus used to talk every few minutes, not just once or twice a mission.

Personally I enjoyed the 'older' version of Lotus's voice since it has more of a 'human' feel to it. Feels like an actual person talking to me instead of an AI (which the game suggests her to be) . Just my personal preferences though.

To OP : If you don't like the sound of Lotus you can just mute the voice in audio options.

I don't think I intentionally tried to insult her, I was making a statement about my own opinion, I thought it would be quite obvious. Guess not.

Folks are protective of Lotus/DERebecca.  

You might consider rephrasing

i.e.,  "I have nothing against DERebecca or her efforts, but I'd like to turn off Lotus' speech.  I find the in game audio rather annoying and repetitive" 

I don't think I intentionally tried to insult her, I was making a statement about my own opinion, I thought it would be quite obvious. Guess not.

"I find the vocals repetitive" is feedback, "I find the vocals bland and distasteful" is rude.

The problem is that Lotus has taken so many different forms, with players asking for something else each time. She started as a more personable handler, became more serious, and then essentially turned into a robot. There's not a lot of wiggle room with constraints like that, particularly when people deem an AI isn't allowed to be too emotive.

I suppose DE could go the GLaDOS route, but that's a tough act to follow.

Oh come on guys, don't derail this. It's a legit subject of discussion. Take your "i'm offended by your offense taken by my offendening" stuff elsewhere.

Thread ninja cleaned

On topic though, it does get quite monotonous, when you've heard Lotus say the same thing for the millionth time. Maybe a different handler could be introduced. Let's call this new handler The Dandelion, and whenever you join a match, your handler is assigned at random.

Otherwise whatever group, organization, or whatever, The Lotus is working for, could make some sort of new internal organizational structure, and have different handlers for different tasks.
This could be a handler for Corpus, Grineer, and Infested missions, or for different mission types. A handler for missions with loot rotations (interception, defense and survival), A different handler for Exterminate missions, and so on and so forth.

Oh come on guys, don't derail this. It's a legit subject of discussion. Take your "i'm offended by your offense taken by my offendening" stuff elsewhere.

Thread ninja cleaned

On topic though, it does get quite monotonous, when you've heard Lotus say the same thing for the millionth time. Maybe a different handler could be introduced. Let's call this new handler The Dandelion, and whenever you join a match, your handler is assigned at random.

Otherwise whatever group, organization, or whatever, The Lotus is working for, could make some sort of new internal organizational structure, and have different handlers for different tasks.

This could be a handler for Corpus, Grineer, and Infested missions, or for different mission types. A handler for missions with loot rotations (interception, defense and survival), A different handler for Exterminate missions, and so on and so forth.

Or just have Ordis be the handler sometimes?

I was liking the thought of this immediately after I read it.

However, Darvo should be special. ;D

I agree.

But it would be hilarious to have your Handler hacked multiple times during a mission.  Ordis popping in to tell you that it was thinking again or Darvo giving you a call while Lotus was trying to warn you about something.  

I could get behind that.

I was liking the thought of this immediately after I read it.

However, Darvo should be special. ;D

They should have alerts where you do things for Ordis and Darvo instead of Lotus.

And have Uncle Ruk be the handler for Grineer invasion missions!

They should have alerts where you do things for Ordis and Darvo instead of Lotus.

And have Uncle Ruk be the handler for Grineer invasion missions!

Missions for Salad V with him as the handler would be amazing!  DE could do it for an event to introduce a new Warframe.