The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Always Ask For Nerfs?

(PSN)SancticuS

I really don't understand the incessant need to nerf everything in a PVE game.

Nerf launchers, nerf Angstrum, nerf Boltor, nerf Soma, nerf Rhino, nerf, Nova, remove serration, redirection, multishot, etc etc

There will always be mods, weapons or gear in any game that will be considered overpowered, mandatory and also a few that will be the most popular choices. So unless you want to remove everything and make us all run around with a stick and a rock all in the name of balance then why cry wolf on other peoples fun?

Instead of nerfing everything it would be a lot better to actually buff all the lackluster equipment so people would be more prone to different setups. Also if the majority of the players run around with their Rhino Prime and Boltor Prime then why should the vocal minority of the forums dictate how the majority play the game? After all you all complain that all you see is Rhino's and Boltor Primes. If that is true then you are actually the minority.

All in all I play Warframe because I think it is fun and it offers a wide variety of things to keep you busy so you keep login in. I have the 12 warframes that interest me and my favourites are Loki, Valkyr and Saryn. I also have a Rhino prime and Boltor Prime that is applicable for most of this games content but you know what...I actually like to use my belowed Latron Prime and Glaive prime along with my prefered frames because that for me is very fun.

Sometimes I solo defense missions with my desecrating Nekros and Ogris to farm resources, other times I use Ember prime with my Ignis to burn infested to a crisp. I for one don't really care what other players use and abuse of warframes or weapon because this is mainly a PVE game and you all have the option to play solo, with friends, clanmates or public games for whatever floats your boat.

So instead of swinging the nerfbat why don't you all wield the buffhammer instead???

Edited by theclinton
Edited for less flamebait title

If a buff is needed, then we buff it.

If a nerf is needed, then we nerf it.

It's all balance. If all we do is nerf everything in response to a few things, then that'd be a ton of unnecessary work. If we buff everything in response to a few things, then that'd be a ton of unnecessary work. It is easier to rebalance, rework, and retweak things on a case by case basis. 

If a buff is needed, then we buff it.

If a nerf is needed, then we nerf it.

It's all balance. If all we do is nerf everything in response to a few things, then that'd be a ton of unnecessary work. If we buff everything in response to a few things, then that'd be a ton of unnecessary work. It is easier to rebalance, rework, and retweak things on a case by case basis. 

soooo I'm guessing you didn't bother looking at the buffs for the grataka, sniper rifles, torrid?

This statements here conclude this thread. Weapons that need a buff get buffed, and weapons that need a nerf get nerfed.

There are far more people screaming for buffs than nerfs as far as I've seen.

The best nerf that has ever been added is the most recent one for launchers. I'll be so happy to see people actually participating in DS Defense rather than sitting on a pedestal and shooting Angstrum/Ogris/Penta rounds as their only form of contribution.

Edited by Kestral9999

I wasn't really worried about the ammo restrictions until it was announced that launcher-type weapons were going to be converted to sniper ammunition.

I understand why it's needed though and I'm curious to see how people handle 'Endgame' now. Nerf Boltor Prime while you're at it, [DE].

I wasn't really worried about the ammo restrictions until it was announced that launcher-type weapons were going to be converted to sniper ammunition.

I understand why it's needed though and I'm curious to see how people handle 'Endgame' now. Nerf Boltor Prime while you're at it, [DE].

Hopefully Soon. If not nerf, a repurpose or major tweak would do just as well.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Nerf Boltor Prime while you're at it, [DE].

Nope, they're just going to release the (Ak)Bolto Prime, with 100K DPS fully modded.

Dude, this game is about choosing your weapon and learn how to use and mod it. The cool thing is that you can take the weapon you want, but if some of them are insanely strong you are "forced" in some way to use them in higher levels. It's a good thing to have stronger guns and weaker weapons, but if the difference is huge it makes no sense. I see lots of people using Penta, Soma, Boltor Prime, Amprex ecc., but only few players using, for example, the Hind, the Dera, the Strun. And that's not a good thing because another advantage of this game is its incredible variety.

sooooooo you would refer being overpower... and kill everything... in 0,1 seconds... not needing to use any kind of skill... or tactical thinking... and completely remove fun challenge from the game?

Not like those were involved in the game anyways.

Ammo Pack for say rifles or shotguns are quite small and easy to carry, but if you notice the size of Penta and Orgis explosive you'd think you had a van with you at all times, hell I myself usually have Ether Daggers, a Bow(cernos cause wings) and Lex Prime/Pyrana due to them actually looking like something manageable though i still wonder why I seem to have Arrows in reserve when I have 0 ammo left for my bow

It needed at some point of the game development.  To make an old asset that haven't been used become viable again and bring down those that are out of the line, making the game too trivia, back in the line, their exclusive time is over.

I understand those who rely on overpower thing will suffer, but it for the game sake.

I really don't understand the incessant need to nerf everything in a PVE game.

Nerf launchers, nerf Angstrum, nerf Boltor, nerf Soma, nerf Rhino, nerf, Nova, remove serration, redirection, multishot, etc etc

It's a rebound from a recent trend of f2p-p2w exploitation in the gaming industry. If you look at the forums of almost all of the online and mmo games, you would see that every day at least one or two posts, in addition to those crying out about op, asking for nerf (or more than about buff) of something in the games. And "balance" or "rebalancing" is a commonly used argument.

Edited by ndantony

*INCOMING WALL OF TEXT*

People who don't go very far in Endless Missions think certain Weapons are Overpowered (Boltor, Soma,Brakk, etc.) But in reality just like every weapon in the game, it has a fall-off point. I usually go 45mins-70 Mins in T4 Surv, and the drop-off of my Boltor is about 1 hour, after that we're usually relying on Nyx. Like i said before, a weapon that is "Overpowered" in a lower tier, is perfectly balanced in a higher tier. Anyone who's gone a hour in T4 Surv knows that all weapons have a drop-off point at around that mark(Except Launchers, but who would bring a Penta/Ogris to Survival). And yes, more people ask for Buffs more than Nerfs, but the nerfs actually happen more. The Buffs in this game are more like Reworks, while the Nerf can completely destroy one's Playstyle. And i agree with OP, us Forumgoers should not have such a huge impact on the game.

I propose we put a poll into the game (Under the News Section) That you click take the poll just like the forums and then [DE] decides. Because not matter what we're thinking, we don't know what majority of the actual game is thinking and that;'s a fact. Of Course, first thing comes to mind is Power Creep,and sadly Warframe has a lot of it. Too get rid of it, we need to add different playstyles, which DE is currently trying to do with the addition of new Warframes.

People say Mirage is OP, but all she does is add a damage multiplier just like Excalibur, Loki, and Ash. This is called an incomparable. No matter how much we argue which is better, it will never end due to the Warframes all having different playstyles. Warframes are quite a bit easier than say weapons. [DE] has successfully done this once (To my knowledge) with the Amprex and Synapse. People argue "Amprex is better because of AOE", but the Other might say "No Synapse is better because of higher damage and it's not ammo hungry". While some weapons/Warframes are not as easy to add an incomparable such as Boltor Prime and our Explosive friends. By DE trying to create incomparables for them (Boltor Prime and Soma; Ogris and Penta) they have instead created more Power Creep as both weapons are still great for any situation and offer little to no drawbacks. DE has solved our Armor Power Creep (Warframes), but weapons are not so easy.

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

*INCOMING WALL OF TEXT*

People who don't go very far in Endless Missions think certain Weapons are Overpowered (Boltor, Soma,Brakk, etc.) But in reality just like every weapon in the game, it has a fall-off point. I usually go 45mins-70 Mins in T4 Surv, and the drop-off of my Boltor is about 1 hour, after that we're usually relying on Nyx. Like i said before, a weapon that is "Overpowered" in a lower tier, is perfectly balanced in a higher tier. Anyone who's gone a hour in T4 Surv knows that all weapons have a drop-off point at around that mark(Except Launchers, but who would bring a Penta/Ogris to Survival). And yes, more people ask for Buffs more than Nerfs, but the nerfs actually happen more. The Buffs in this game are more like Reworks, while the Nerf can completely destroy one's Playstyle. And i agree with OP, us Forumgoers should not have such a huge impact on the game. I propose we put a poll into the game (Under the News Section) That you click take the poll just like the forums and then [DE] decides. Because not matter what we're thinking, we don't know what majority of the actual game is thinking and that;'s a fact. Of Course, first thing comes to mind is Power Creep,and sadly Warframe has a lot of it. Too get rid of it, we need to add different playstyles, which DE is currently trying to do with the addition of new Warframes. People say Mirage is OP, but all she does is add a damage multiplier just like Excalibur, Loki, and Ash. This is called an incomparable. No matter how much we argue which is better, it will never end due to the Warframes all having different playstyles. Warframes are quite a bit easier than say weapons. [DE] has successfully done this once (To my knowledge) with the Amprex and Synapse. People argue "Amprex is better because of AOE", but the Other might say "No Synapse is better because of higher damage and it's not ammo hungry". While some weapons/Warframes are not as easy to add an incomparable such as Boltor Prime and our Explosive friends. By DE trying to create incomparables for them (Boltor Prime and Soma; Ogris and Penta) they have instead created more Power Creep as both weapons are still great for any situation and offer little to no drawbacks. DE has solved our Armor Power Creep (Warframes), but weapons are not so easy.

Why not break it into paragraphs?