The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Ever Happen To The Corpus Ship Announcer?

Desgax

I miss her and would like to hear her again in missions. It really added to the ambiance.

"Guards rails are there for your protection. Please advise."

"Unidentified lifeforms have been detected. Please stand by until security has neutralized the threat."

I just checked, and the Grineer didn't have an announcer, but they did have soldier walkie-talkie noises.

I miss those.

We need them walkie-talkii back to grinner that way when your spotted he tryies to trigger alarm then he says it in walkie-talkies if you don't kill him before he says it you can't switch alarms off. meaning no stealth. More challenge!!!

Was it me when you first heard you were like "Lotus I'm old enough to know how a Guard rail works.  I'm not a little kid anymore momma!!" then realized it was an intercom lady and feel embarrassed that the Corpus may have heard me call her momma Hence why I never leave anyone alive.....ever

• 2 weeks later...

i think in general the ships tilesets lack sound diversity, it's like they all have earpieces and we don't hear anything (which could explain this and that) but it's kinda weird to not hear anything

The sounds of the different units yelling is random and not situational, so it's just background sound and we have to ignore it, if they said something fitting to the situation (like calling for help and trying to run away when alone) it would be more immersive and would actually make it usefull to listen to what they say, making the grunt units panic when alone would be immersive too

Again it's just detail, but i'd like to come back to the time when listening to what they say is usefull, those times when the heavy gunners made a really specific noise making you run away and take cover