The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That One Single Thing In Warframe That Makes You Cringe

NoeleVeerod

whoa hey easy with the no brony love we go there because kickbot is one of them and we dont want to anger the offspring of RNGesus!

I'd rather get punished for my hatred than supporting internet cancer :(

But hey... let's not derail this (my bad)

We have these in the european region chat too.... but what bothers me more is the overall lack of niveau.

Every second post is about insulting other players.

And region chat actually makes me feel sorry for noobs. They can't ask a simple question without getting trolled.

The german region chat was very civil. And we didn't even have a kickbot.

The issue is that , if I want to go back there, I'll have to play the entire game in german. And I really prefer english mod/ weapon names... "Drache-Nikana".... That did it for me.

The inability to specifically disable floating damage numbers and the crosshair. They are my bane. I hate all that screen clutter. I prefer to learn my aim intuitively via graphical and animation cues.  Warframe is such an immersive gaming environment that all these immovable decals on my screen really distract from the experience.

Amazing that no one mentioned it...

My biggest issue? There is absolutely no reason for 80% of what the Tenno do. It's like Vor and Alad V are the only villains I have a motivation to go after... Vor stole my stuff and Alad V is butchering my fellow Tenno. Everything else is... I run and shoot and stab and run and shoot and stab. Why is the Jackal on Venus, anyway?

Now, I know this issue is slowly being fixed. Update 14 took huge strides into actually giving a narrative to the game, but I still mention the problem because Update 14 is only 10% of the narrative. Adding "lore" in the Codex does not count. More quests and narrative will come, but until then I have this nagging in my mind that this game is just an RNG simulator (Warfarm, as I have heard it called).

Now, I know this issue is slowly being fixed. Update 14 took huge strides into actually giving a narrative to the game, but I still mention the problem because Update 14 is only 10% of the narrative. Adding "lore" in the Codex does not count. More quests and narrative will come, but until then I have this nagging in my mind that this game is just an RNG simulator (Warfarm, as I have heard it called).

Agreed. +1

But

10%? more like 2 %.... There is much to be done... lore wise. And I hope for much more to be added.

@Angelus_de_Mortiel

I agree.

Lack of freaking "lore/backstory" and most info's are contradicting to one another.

ie are we syntetics or cyborgs or humans inside the S#&$?

we want that or at least most people want that.

It was answered a while ago as individuals that gained powers from the void and the ability to construct suits from orokin material etc etc ect. 

PS; void made you ugly kinda like infested. 

PPS; Tenno are the bad guys.

TOPIC

Broken doors: Doors won't open and force you to abort mission.

Bugged enemy spawns: Enemies stuck under map. (Especially frustrating in exterminates...)

CAN'T THROW UNWANTED KUBROW OUT THE AIRLOCK!!: Please DE... let me release/dispose of unwanted Kubrow instead of being forced to starve it for 20 days or being forced to purchase more stasis slots with PLATINUM...

Rhinoobs. Need I say more?

This. I was just doing an Extermination round where some Rhinooob would Rhino Stomp for literally every 2-3 enemies in every room. First time in a while that I almost wanted to just put the controller down lol.

Amazing that no one mentioned it...

My biggest issue? There is absolutely no reason for 80% of what the Tenno do. It's like Vor and Alad V are the only villains I have a motivation to go after... Vor stole my stuff and Alad V is butchering my fellow Tenno. Everything else is... I run and shoot and stab and run and shoot and stab. Why is the Jackal on Venus, anyway?

Totally agree. I mean, I can understand the fact that they want to leave certain aspects of the lore to our imagination and wish to keep things under wraps for now. Like the Stalker's origins for example, not to mention Lotus. But the fact that we don't even know what we (Tenno) actually are is kinda strange to me. If this game had more information for us, that could really make all the difference. Personally, I think every single warframe should have their own unique codex that contributes to the main narrative. Excalibur, Ember and Mirage are good starts, but every warframe should have a story of some sort instead of a brief description of their abilities. 

As for the boss thing....I feel like the lack of motivation to fight various bosses aside from Vor and Salad is because there is a lack of emphasis on the other bosses. Vor and Salad were even featured in two of the game's CG trailers. Vor and Alad V have the most significance to the main plot, and there are actual events that focus on them. I agree that more quests are needed. For me, all most of the other bosses are to me are simply enemies to kill in order to farm Warframe bp. I'm sure DE is taking steps to expand the lore though.

CAN'T THROW UNWANTED KUBROW OUT THE AIRLOCK!!: Please DE... let me release/dispose of unwanted Kubrow instead of being forced to starve it for 20 days or being forced to purchase more stasis slots with PLATINUM...

Alotta this. I'm keeping mine in flash-freeze (which, face it, is almost as bad as starving) because I can't insta-kill them.

Also, their noises on the ship. Between them and...

THE RADIO DUDE! Holy good lord do I want to slap him with my Galatine!