Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Nerfing Is Over 9000

XxTacTicBeastxX

Dear DE, reposting this topic as my last one was deemed badly worded. this topic is about the Ogris, Penta, and Angstrum. Of course we all know they are extremely powerful and 540 ammo was quite over the top. Nerfing it down to 20 might have been a little 2 much though.. bringing them down to around 100-150 ammo and still use rifle ammo would have been sufficient and perfectly oke in my case. I loved my penta and gave it 6 formas and a potato so I can put all maxed mods on and switch them out if I needed to. But as of now.. the Penta and Ogris have 20 ammo and use sniper ammo which is the most rare ammo drop that enemies give. the penta was perfect for long defence runs and ranking low ranked items and warframes. after this hotfix doing really long defence runs and sechura runs is extremely difficult with the low ammo and the ammo type it uses. just did a run myself with the weapon and already had at the first wave of sechura. the Penta and Ogris are now weapons that must have a ammo mutation mod. or they arent even useable. giving them back rifle ammo and atleast 100 ammo. could make them useable again and loved by many players. sadly I will now just leave my penta in the inventory even after using 6 forma on the weapon and a potato and sooo many hours of ranking it up 7 times.. I hope u will reconsider and change it.. I am sad that my lovely penta isnt able to do what it was needed to do.

Give your feedback about what u think. and if this isnt the right topic place. pls move it moderators.

having 100-150 ammo would mean it doesn't need to even find ammo unless doing an endless mission type.  Still way too much.

I know it's alot but it was just a quick idea of myself of what might be quite good. even 50-75 is acceptable. but 20 is way too low, and makes the weapon not that reliable anymore without a ammo mutation mod. 

Didn't have a problem with the Torid getting changed down...then again, I was using Mirage or a frame with rifle amp.  With the Ogris, now you have to pick your packs more, and rely on your secondary more.  Don't really have complaints yet.

I'm just hoping they get around to shotguns next, and really buff the Tigris.

either give it 72 sniper ammo or 20 rifle ammo. 20 sniper is just too much

I saw the post early on, then when I saw the that it was using sniper ammo, I thought originally "Oh okay, so it's 72 ammo max while using sniper ammo."

I think it'd be better to do one or the other, and if they decide to stick with it some sort of compensation should be given out to players who put in a lot of work for their now.. much worse weaponry.

Considering picking up one sniper ammo drop fills half of it's total ammo, I think it's fine.

considering how often sniper ammo drops and that even secondary lauchers use sniper ammo IS NOT FINE AT ALL, on the armstrug you get 10 shots. end. how the hell i'm supposed to sue the dam thing now? there was a reason if primaries and secondaries use different ammo, now i can't even use a sniper rilfe and a castana/armstung together becouse ammo is already tight enough.

Edited by bl4ckhunter

"OH GOD NOW I HAVE TO MOVE!"-Everyone complaining about these changes.

It's not "I have to move?"  It's, "Sniper Mutation isn't equippable on Penta, and Sniper ammo drops maybe once a wave if I'm lucky."

It turns from, "Wow this weapon has a lot of ammo" to, "Well I can kill a few groups of enemies and then I'm worthless to my team for 2 waves until I can stack enough ammo to kill another few groups of enemies."

The middle ground needs to be, "I have ammunition, but I have to weave in and out of combat to get a high-risk, high-reward benefit to using the Penta."  Which, in my opinion needs to be 20 Rifle Ammo, or 72 Sniper ammo.

The only way Penta is viable now at ALL is with using a Mirage.

It is USABLE, but it is not VIABLE.

It's not "I have to move?"  It's, "Sniper Mutation isn't equippable on Penta, and Sniper ammo drops maybe once a wave if I'm lucky."

It turns from, "Wow this weapon has a lot of ammo" to, "Well I can kill a few groups of enemies and then I'm worthless to my team for 2 waves until I can stack enough ammo to kill another few groups of enemies."

The middle ground needs to be, "I have ammunition, but I have to weave in and out of combat to get a high-risk, high-reward benefit to using the Penta."  Which, in my opinion needs to be 20 Rifle Ammo, or 72 Sniper ammo.

The only way Penta is viable now at ALL is with using a Mirage.

It is USABLE, but it is not VIABLE.

Have you played ODD?

The ground is literally covered with ammo drops. Just junp down there once in a while and you'll have it. Sorry they don't want you to only jump down once everything is dead.

Have you played ODD?

The ground is literally covered with ammo drops. Just junp down there once in a while and you'll have it. Sorry they don't want you to only jump down once everything is dead.

Sniper ammo is too rare to make a 5 round magazine, 20 ammo maximum weapon viable with that ammo source.

That would be the equivalent of having 4 spare arrows in a Paris Prime.

And you CANNOT validate your point by saying, "Oh but it's viable in ODD"  there are plenty of other game-modes/types that would elicit a buff to it's ammo capacity.

Edited by CommanderCaulk

Have you played ODD?

do you even realize that 

1- not all missions are odd

2- not even 1/20 of that ammo is sniper ammo

3-armstug and castanas use sniper ammo so i can't use them with a sniper rifle at all

no more hardcore game  play 375 kills in level i used like btw people 20 ammo is a JOKE full stop that would only last me one wave btw.

my panta lives in the bin now thanks de job well done..........

Edited by gunsmoke77

Using Sniper Ammo is just too much nerf, please return back to Rifle ammo or increase ammo amount.

The point of nerfs was probably so that people don't camp and start moving. In that case 20 ammo is understandable. This way you both deal damage and play more actively.

Now they nerfed it even further by making them use Sniper ammos which drop least and give twice lower amount. The problem with this is that you mostly like will run out of ammos and won't be able to refill them, making them and you as a teammate useless

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

Excuse me, but what the hell are you talking about? The patch didn't hit yet, so I guess they'll be changing that?

Or did it? 

Edited by Filas312

This is absolutely horrible. 20 shots? With the sniper ammo you'll almost never even find another round to use. In essence I don't think there's reason to nerf something in warframe ever. If it's over-powered so what, it's not like pvp is that big of an aspect in this game and even were it so....I don't see why in pvp a weapon can't have reduced stats and still be the same as it was outside of pvp. If pvp fairness was not the reason for it's nerf-ing. but instead was to promote the use of other weapons then by-jove you've done a great job there. You turned my favorite weapon in warframe into a piece of garbage that I'll never use. The whole fun of warframe is becoming overpowered and seeing just how beefy you and your friends can get, as measured by how long you last in endless/mobile defense. Other than this new, currently building dagger and some purely cosmetic prime gear I don't want I already have (almost) everything. it doesn't matter if I get to wave 1 million in mobile def I still wont gain anything useful. So why prevent me from having a shot at it just for the fun of saying I did? (yes wave 1 million is a gross exaggeration of my capabilities even before the nerf but it still makes a valid point.) I'm open for explanation though, I'm not set in stone. If you have a good point as to why having more than 20 shots with these weapons somehow makes the game less fun or fair go ahead and let me know. However if it's about pvp fairness make sure you re-read the bit about pvp specific "fairness stats."