Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Need Penalty For People Leaving

Chaosdreamer

if someone aborts a game then neither side receives battle-pay, so yes you definitely lose something. Don't get me wrong spawn camping is annoying as crap and that would be one of the only circumstances id understand a DC.

In my experience battle pay is usually 0. every once in a while i see someone offering something but not too often.

how about the leaver just gets banned from playing in conflicts for a set amount of time? that way if a person needs to leave for emergencies, then it's no problem since he/she will be gone anyway.

Power outages (the ones where a switch in the electric fuse box suddenly switches off, not like the whole district type power outage) come into mind against that suggestion, as well as sudden network shutdowns (for people who have strong yet sometimes stuttering internet connections). Besides, an emergency could be just a 10-minute one, not always a very long one. 

Edited by Renegade343

Just make it so the person who disconnects in the middle of a Dark Sector conflict cannot join any DS conflicts for 5/15/30+ minutes. The time penalty in which the person cannot rejoin a DS conflict increases with every DC and resets back to 0 every day.

Make the 1st penalty light because there are accidental DCs...

2nd penalty will be harsh, and the 3rd penalty could be 30 minutes - 1 hour.

Edited by wind4life

Just make it so the person who disconnects in the middle of a Dark Sector conflict cannot join any DS conflicts for 5/15/30+ minutes. The time penalty in which the person cannot rejoin a DS conflict increases with every DC and resets back to 0 every day.

Make the 1st penalty light because there are accidental DCs...

2nd penalty will be harsh, and the 3rd penalty could be 30 minutes - 1 hour.

I'm really not sure I see how applying penalties to a game mode that people are already quitting in frustration is going to make that game mode any more enticing to players.

If I quit a DS mission (and yes I have), it's always due to spawn camping or gimping. It isn't fun when there's a giant snowglobe on the spawn point with a trinity there to supply energy. It isn't fun when the Life Strike Valkyr is whizzing around with their Bo Prime, ensuring that you can't go anywhere. It isn't fun when there are 3 Rhino Primes sitting next to the objective with their Boltor Primes and/or Pentas, ensuring that to come near means certain death. And when they start spawn camping, I will not hesitate to leave the session. Maybe they'll get the hint, maybe they wont.

Adding penalties just means that I won't run the missions. Better solutions would include adding one-way shields to the spawn points (with angled corridors to prevent them from taking the objectives/killing ppl on the objective, but still have the option to earn points without being unfair). Then you will find less rage-quitting. Or just dump the whole arbitrary point system, which does absolutely nothing to help those without 4-6 forma'd weapons be competitive, as those with the Uber weapons will just camp until they have their full points again.

I'm really not sure I see how applying penalties to a game mode that people are already quitting in frustration is going to make that game mode any more enticing to players.

I'm not sure how allowing people to constantly alt+f4 out of a DS mission on purpose promotes fun for the people who WANT to play it.

If I quit a DS mission (and yes I have), it's always due to spawn camping or gimping. It isn't fun when there's a giant snowglobe on the spawn point with a trinity there to supply energy. It isn't fun when the Life Strike Valkyr is whizzing around with their Bo Prime, ensuring that you can't go anywhere. It isn't fun when there are 3 Rhino Primes sitting next to the objective with their Boltor Primes and/or Pentas, ensuring that to come near means certain death. And when they start spawn camping, I will not hesitate to leave the session. Maybe they'll get the hint, maybe they wont.

Adding penalties just means that I won't run the missions. Better solutions would include adding one-way shields to the spawn points (with angled corridors to prevent them from taking the objectives/killing ppl on the objective, but still have the option to earn points without being unfair). Then you will find less rage-quitting. Or just dump the whole arbitrary point system, which does absolutely nothing to help those without 4-6 forma'd weapons be competitive, as those with the Uber weapons will just camp until they have their full points again.

Nope, you'll run it for that 200k battle pay. If the other side is losing, they'll DC and force a connection error so nobody gets paid. That's not acceptable as well. Rage quit penalties will penalize them by not allowing them to ruin DS conflicts for other players. If a known penalty is in place, people will think twice about purposely disconnecting.

Edited by wind4life

I came here specifically for this issue, my clan has had at least 5 rage quits this morning during our conflict. It's an abuse, I hate how it withholds pay from our supporters who may have waited 10, even 20 minutes for an opponent, finally get to play, get the opposition down to 3 lives, and BAM, done.

That's not right. They should be rewarded for that. Maybe not 100%, but something.

Hi , if you probably played some dark sector while being in pvp mode , you probably noticed that

we have the "leavers" " rage quit" "Host migration abuse" , so since theire no way actually to keep people inside games 

maybe putting them penalty? Incase you did'nt understand or you are doing actually that I'll explain :

-You are leaving because you are loosing side , you might be host and annoy alot people with your migration ,also fair play... you played you lose stay inside until the end

-You are leaving because you get camped at spawn , to bad for you , you choose wrong side , but stay until your last breath

I know it might look bad , to put penalty to people who leave , but just think you are about to win and people leave/rage quit game?

Hey when my mom yells at me, it means i either get off or get my &#! kicked, so of course i leave

I was about to post a new topic, but noticed this one so i will post here.

The problem here is that the Host Migration is not working most of the time. If the host leaves the game will end, and no one will get their rewards.

Something must be done. I'm tired of players aborting the game on purpose, when they are going to lose. 

Attackers that Abort the Game should not be able to join the Conflict for some time. 

How much time would be a reasonable punishment? I don't know. But at least they will think twice before ending the game.

Maybe there are some issues with Host Migration, but I don't think I have encountered them personally. I know if the entire attacking force leaves, the game ends.

I don't think there needs to be a penalty, since the Defenders really dont care if the attackers are leaving or not, since if all the attackers leave the mission, then guess what? You were successful in your defence. What defenders DO care about however, is not receiving their battle pay.

The solution seems simple enough to me;

• If all attackers leave, then Host Migration should select a player from the defending team to host.

• If a defender is selected as a host, the game will end instantly and you will be taken to the 'mission complete' screen.

• The Battlepay should be decided on how many attackers were killed during the game, for each attacker killed resulting in 5% battle pay (this seems logical since 20 attacker deaths would equate to 100% of the reward).

Penalties would not be necessary, since the only downside to attackers 'rage quit' is the loss of battle pay for defenders.

I'm not sure how allowing people to constantly alt+f4 out of a DS mission on purpose promotes fun for the people who WANT to play it.

Nope, you'll run it for that 200k battle pay. If the other side is losing, they'll DC and force a connection error so nobody gets paid. That's not acceptable as well. Rage quit penalties will penalize them by not allowing them to ruin DS conflicts for other players. If a known penalty is in place, people will think twice about purposely disconnecting.

No, people simply won't play. Or they'll play, DC when they start getting camped, and go do something else until the penalty runs out.

The way it's set up, Dark Sector PvP is simply not fun to play for most people if you don't get in early and level up before the other team gets filled up. That is what needs to be fixed. Penalties will simply reduce the number of people playing.

Edited by motorfirebox

No, people simply won't play. Or they'll play, DC when they start getting camped, and go do something else until the penalty runs out.

The way it's set up, Dark Sector PvP is simply not fun to play for most people if you don't get in early and level up before the other team gets filled up. That is what needs to be fixed. Penalties will simply reduce the number of people playing.

You're addressing a balance issue with the Dark Sector PvP. This is an entirely different discussion.

People will DC when things are not going their way without any penalty system in place.  It doesn't matter if  you "legitimately" beat the other team without any cheesy tactics. They will DC before they officially lose or to prevent you from claiming your battle pay. If people decide to not play or wait until their time ban runs out, they will easily lose control of the node. They will lose crucial time to defend/attack and miss out on any battle pay that could be received for helping. Therefore, people will think twice about purposely DCing. You did not address this issue at all.

As of right now, there is nothing stopping my team and I from disconnecting whenever things are not in favor or just to be complete jerks. How is allowing this to happen fun for the people who do want to play? The fact that this exists without any reprecussions is already detering people from playing Dark Sector PvP.

If penalties do reduce the number of people playing, it is probably because all the jerks who constantly DC are getting time banned left, right and centre. Good riddance.

Edited by wind4life

If people decide to not play or wait until their time ban runs out, they will easily lose control of the node. They will lose crucial time to defend/attack and miss out on any battle pay that could be received for helping. Therefore, people will think twice about purposely DCing.

Why do you think that people DC'ing should be an issue at all?

Yet again, so many people are completely missing the point.

You shouldn't be asking yourself "how do we stop people DC'ing".

You should be asking yourself "how do we stop people DC'ing from being a problem".

You're addressing a balance issue with the Dark Sector PvP. This is an entirely different discussion.

People will DC when things are not going their way without any penalty system in place.  It doesn't matter if  you "legitimately" beat the other team without any cheesy tactics. They will DC before they officially lose or to prevent you from claiming your battle pay. If people decide to not play or wait until their time ban runs out, they will easily lose control of the node. They will lose crucial time to defend/attack and miss out on any battle pay that could be received for helping. Therefore, people will think twice about purposely DCing. You did not address this issue at all.

As of right now, there is nothing stopping my team and I from disconnecting whenever things are not in favor or just to be complete jerks. How is allowing this to happen fun for the people who do want to play? The fact that this exists without any reprecussions is already detering people from playing Dark Sector PvP.

If penalties do reduce the number of people playing, it is probably because all the jerks who constantly DC are getting time banned left, right and centre. Good riddance.

If the balance issues in Dark Sector are fixed and people are still DCing a significant portion of the time, then that is the time to address that issue. Right now, Dark Sector PvP sucks. Making it suck even harder is not going to fix anything.

Most players don't care if they lose control of the node or not. They're there to have fun and to get battle pay. Right now, losing really sucks, because the fight is decided within ten minutes. You end up spending 15 minutes waiting to die so you can get a crappy pittance. It's not worth sticking around for, hence people leave.

People leaving DS is a symptom, not a root problem. The root problem should be addressed first.

Edited by motorfirebox

it gets annoying when a game gets bugged out, ranging from no prompts to barriers not coming down or can't destroy shield generators.

on the flip side it is frustrating to be on the winning team just to lose it all cause the host is a sore loser. What I propose is pretty simple, make it show your win/lose stats on your profile or have it next to their names when they are in a pvp match, like Birdei 4/2. Every time you leave, you get a L and it will show.

This doesn't solve the problem at all though, does it.

you will be surprised at how many people care about their stats, especially if other people can see it. I been in games where people don't want to quit just because it will affect their mission completion stat.

maybe if stat do show, maybe people will actually play a bit better.

you will be surprised at how many people care about their stats, especially if other people can see it. I been in games where people don't want to quit just because it will affect their mission completion stat.

maybe if stat do show, maybe people will actually play a bit better.

No, I mean, people DC because they are losing/going to lose anyway. If they quit the game and they get a 'loss' stat, that they would have gotten anyway, how does it make any difference?

Not to mention the problem is still there. I've said multiple times in this thread, people need to be thinking of ways to cease DC'ing being a problem altogether, rather than thinking of ways to penalize or otherwise 'punish' players who DC.

If the balance issues in Dark Sector are fixed and people are still DCing a significant portion of the time, then that is the time to address that issue. Right now, Dark Sector PvP sucks. Making it suck even harder is not going to fix anything.

Most players don't care if they lose control of the node or not. They're there to have fun and to get battle pay. Right now, losing really sucks, because the fight is decided within ten minutes. You end up spending 15 minutes waiting to die so you can get a crappy pittance. It's not worth sticking around for, hence people leave.

People leaving DS is a symptom, not a root problem. The root problem should be addressed first.

So you're not going to say anything about the losing side who DC on purpose to prevent the winning side from claiming their battle pay? How about the same guys who do it all the time, even on a winning team, just to be jerks about it? Host migration abuse will always be there.

You're going to ignore the fact that Clans and Alliances work hard to defend their node from being invaded? I care if ICE takes over Sechura and jacks the credit/resource tax to 75%. And there are some who take PVP seriously.

Edited by wind4life

Host migration abuse will always be there.

Why does it have to be?

You seem to be stuck in the mindset that it is a problem that cannot be fixed. Or maybe you simply cannot see what the actual problem is in the first place?

Have a good think about why DC'ing is a problem. Now try and think of an idea to stop it from happening altogether.

Penalizing players who DC means that the problem of DC'ing is still there, and the only thing it would do is create more sufferers.

So you're not going to say anything about the losing side who DC on purpose to prevent the winning side from claiming their battle pay? How about the same guys who do it all the time, even on a winning team, just to be jerks about it? Host migration abuse will always be there.

You're going to ignore the fact that Clans and Alliances work hard to defend their node from being invaded? I care if ICE takes over Sechura and jacks the credit/resource tax to 75%. And there are some who take PVP seriously.

As I've already said, if DE balances DS conflicts and there are still a significant number of players disconnecting, then that issue can be addressed at that time. Right now there are a lot of players who disconnect out of frustration with the game. That's the larger issue, and implementing penalties for disconnecting will only make it worse. The people who disconnect out of frustration will simply stop playing DS if you impose a penalty like you're talking about.

Warframe is still in beta, remember? Penalties and the like are for games that are established. They're for dealing with troublemaking outliers in a game that the majority of the playerbase is satisfied with. They're a tool of last resort. And DS conflicts, even moreso than many other game aspects, are still being worked on. On top of being a bad solution for the current issues, DE needs lots of players playing DS in order to gather the data they need to make them more enjoyable. Scaring off a goodly-sized section of the playerbase? Not gonna help with that.