The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Avalanche Event - Nice Idea, Difficulty To High

Sepharoth

The mini-event is not really that hard once I started playing around with it. 

While I do go solo, I equip maxed silencing mods on my Primary (Grinlok) and Secondary (Marelok), then mod damage to be the most effective against the Corpus, then stealth my way through the mini-event through rolling, using cover and swapping shoulder cameras. 

Even when they did spot me, just roll around with the Roll key. More often than not, they will miss. Or sprint in a zig-zag fashion. The Arctic Eximus's ice shield can be shot down when damaged enough (two shots from my Grinlok took them down), so just fire away at the shield when he uses it, rather than wait around and get sprayed. 

If you main Loki, it's an absolute cake walk.

The only times you can really die is when ressing someone or caught in the middle of a disarm animation.

Yes, I agree, but it shouldn't be a cake walk, and it shouldn't be one-hit-kills for non-invulnerable/invisible frames.

Im still try to understand why whenever something diferent is present to us, there is always someone trying to sell the idea of specific frame/gear to acomplish something, there is only one thing you win with that tough in mind besides the event reward, you simple cant do it other way being Loki, Rhino or valkyr, it doesnt really matter.

What warframe have that many similar games lack, diferent ways to acomplish the same thing, if we decide to prevent ouselfs from that, fine our choice, that doesnt mean we all are going to do the same, if something is being to easy with A, try it with C, If D doesnt help maybe F have something that you can use, maybe the lack of imagination is the real problem playing warframe i dont know, besides the AI.

Im still try to understand why whenever something diferent is present to us, there is always someone trying to sell the idea of specific frame/gear to acomplish something, there is only one thing you win with that tough in mind besides the event reward, you simple cant do it other way being Loki, Rhino or valkyr, it doesnt really matter.

What warframe have that many similar games lack, diferent ways to acomplish the same thing, if we decide to prevent ouselfs from that, fine our choice, that doesnt mean we all are going to do the same, if something is being to easy with A, try it with C, If D doesnt help maybe F have something that you can use, maybe the lack of imagination is the real problem playing warframe i dont know, besides the AI.

"Blame the game, no the player". Frames are not balanced.

99% of people will follow the path of least resistance, that's why game balance exists as a concept, and why you can't expect players to gimp themselves.

I did this solo with a variety of frames, including Ember, Ash (invis only for emergencies), and Nova (m-prime again only for emergencies).  They all used a rank ~15 potatoed bronco prime (albeit with 4 forma).  I burned through a few revives but it's doable.  You just have to take it slow and play it more like a tactical shooter and less like a speed-frenzy-copterfest-where's-my-damn-LOOT-already shooter.

Just tried the event myself and I'd have to say it is a bit ridiculous. One shouldn't have to resort to using Loki because everything is a one or two-shot kill on the player.

"Use Cover and Shoot them"

Yeah, okay... Arctic Eximus. You know, Mobile Snowglobe? Yeah, I'm going to shoot them. Sure, I'll get right on that. Meanwhile they're in their invulnerability globes laughing at my bullets and if I dare get hit but once from that stupidly overpowered Detron of theirs, I'm pretty much dead.

"Dodge the stuff!" Uh... yeah, a slide+flip jump is slower than normal walking when there's one of these guys in the room. I got hit 3 times in the same slide+flip jump and the thing got me from clear across the room. Shot me 3 times.

So you can't dodge them. You can't hide behind cover because it takes forever for their globes to go down. You can't get hit at all, which means no meleeing them to get around the shield.

Their damage output was tuned way too high. Basically it is a "Valkyr/Loki/Ash-only" and "Thou Shalt Not Solo" thing, yet again.

EDIT: Okay, who the *bleep* changed the forum scripts? sigh.

Edited by Xylia

Just tried the event myself and I'd have to say it is a bit ridiculous. One shouldn't have to resort to using Loki because everything is a one or two-shot kill on the player.

"Use Cover and Shoot them"

Yeah, okay... Arctic Eximus. You know, Mobile Snowglobe? Yeah, I'm going to shoot them. Sure, I'll get right on that. Meanwhile they're in their invulnerability globes laughing at my bullets and if I dare get hit but once from that stupidly overpowered Detron of theirs, I'm pretty much dead.

Their snow-globes can be destroyed by shooting at it enough. They are not invincible, just a very high health. Bring a high damage rifle (per shot) to bring down the shield prematurely. 

"Dodge the stuff!" Uh... yeah, a slide+flip jump is slower than normal walking when there's one of these guys in the room. I got hit 3 times in the same slide+flip jump and the thing got me from clear across the room. Shot me 3 times.

Sprint around. Flank the enemies. For this mission, simple movement is the best bet against them. 

I wrote a post on the feedback forums a while ago, praising DE on the new Hive missions. Now I'm back to write again and say, THANK YOU for making another challenging mission: Avalanche. It's hard, it required me to stop for a second, take a step back and actually...y'know, NOT facetank/faceroll through the mission. This is GOOD. And to the players who like to faceroll through the game like a unstoppable god - just stick to playing on Mercury, let the real space ninjas take the hard ones :)

Sprint around. Flank the enemies. For this mission, simple movement is the best bet against them.

You don't "Sprint" when there's an Arctic Eximus anywhere near you. You crawl. And in the process, you get shot a couple times, and you die. Plain and simple.

The first time I did the mission, I walked in to the room with all of the enemies, and got slaughtered. After awhile, you get used to it and take necessary precautions. This mini-event is honestly the first step towards legitimate challenge. They weren't unfair and kept me on my toes. Now to apply this to other parts of the game ^.^

You don't "Sprint" when there's an Arctic Eximus anywhere near you. You crawl. And in the process, you get shot a couple times, and you die. Plain and simple.

Not really, actually. 

I find the slowing speed not really much of a bother, even without sprint increase mods. 

Besides, you do have dodge rolls. Use that as well.