Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quanta Worth Formas?

Blessancee

Question

- the alt fired cubes themselves offer optional AOE solution (which is rare in weapons atm). And I could be mistaken, but it seems that exploding them yourselves deal more damage than letting it be triggered by enemy or explode on timeout.

Yep, it's pretty much like the shock rifle from UT, alt fire itself does decent damage, but when you detonate it yourself the damage skyrockets.

I put 5 forma in my Quanta... no regrets. Love it.

Why? I was top kills and damage so often with it and its fun and versatile single target and/or AOE with the bonus of being safe.

The ammo economy on the regular fire mode is great along with the 50 meter range. The lack of zoom took getting used to though.

Despite not being considered high DPS, with primary mode (and skill) I can win out on kills and damage, because I tag and bag things before others do without giving out Companion Cubes to all comers. Shred is great for killing on defense maps coming at you in lines or infested stuff with a Vauban or maps with a lot of rails or walkways which you can shoot through or cube 'em.

My only real complaint is nitpicking.. its a "mining laser"... so why is it 'electric' and not 'heat'?

Physics, if memory serves me, can boil light and heat down to electromagnetism at their core...but that is besides the point...plus the Ignis isn't electric by that logic or standard. :P

Amprex is definitely an electric weapon.. This, not so in name or visually. Perhaps the cubes have some electric charge to them (visually), but not the primary beam mode.

I liked it on Mirage before the bug with HoM and Heavy Caliber got fixed. When Quanta was in the mix, it caused a hilarious laser show that made the lasers shoot in every direction in front of Mirage. Shame it got fixed.

Regardless, I wouldn't use Quanta with any other frame than Mirage. And I've put a forma in it, may put in a couple more in the future. Seems like it's worth it, I dunno.

I put 5 forma in my Quanta... no regrets. Love it.

Why? I was top kills and damage so often with it and its fun and versatile single target and/or AOE with the bonus of being safe.

The ammo economy on the regular fire mode is great along with the 50 meter range. The lack of zoom took getting used to though.

Despite not being considered high DPS, with primary mode (and skill) I can win out on kills and damage, because I tag and bag things before others do without giving out Companion Cubes to all comers. Shred is great for killing on defense maps coming at you in lines or infested stuff with a Vauban or maps with a lot of rails or walkways which you can shoot through or cube 'em.

My only real complaint is nitpicking.. its a "mining laser"... so why is it 'electric' and not 'heat'?

Physics, if memory serves me, can boil light and heat down to electromagnetism at their core...but that is besides the point...plus the Ignis isn't electric by that logic or standard. :P

Amprex is definitely an electric weapon.. This, not so in name or visually. Perhaps the cubes have some electric charge to them (visually), but not the primary beam mode.

May I see your builds? :D

I really loved it. Reminds me of Unreal Tournament's Shock Rifle <3 (No surprise, I think DE designed it ha)

I ended up forma'ing it 5 times, and it does just over 7k corrosive damage. Sure its not as powerful as my Boltor P, or Synapse, but it is infinitely more fun to play with and its ammo economy is insane (Long as you dont spam alt fire all the time).