The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Explosive Attica

-Xenomorph.Queen-

Well, im finish my attica lvl 30 and potatoed too, works really well with a mix of crit build and thunderbolt BUUUUTTTTT, lacks in terms of overall dmg, i still feel like needs something ..... Like latron prime (oneshot S#&$), or Paris Prime.

Well I dont know if is just me or this "buff" isnt really worth the effort? 

Personally, I'd say that the buff bumped up the attica from what i consider to be C weapons (basically mastery only) to B (take it out once in a while to switch things up).

It's still not high level content worthy, but then those are reserved for the primes and so on, can't have all weapons be extremely powerful

@MaxHeadroom I am moving this to Feedback ----> weapons as it is indeed feedback. This would be a much better place to post this, just for future reference.  TY man.  

Feedback:  I can't wait to try out the Attica with its ability to use bow mods now, with that fire rate and clip capacity buff it received I don't see how it could be lacking DPS with T-bolt on it, but then again, I haven't tried it.  I am still super excited for this.

Feedback:  I can't wait to try out the Attica with its ability to use bow mods now, with that fire rate and clip capacity buff it received I don't see how it could be lacking DPS with T-bolt on it, but then again, I haven't tried it.  I am still super excited for this.

(I guess Ps4 players don't have this buff yet? : o )

Just sweep it across a crowded infested defense from a tall perch, especially with a Mirage. It's honestly a beautiful sight to watch the explosions rain across and the numbers fly. Although I have no idea how it would look being in the middle of the firestorm. 

It feels like it was designed for infested defense right now. Enough AoE potential in thunderbolt to wipe up trash. Enough damage output in bolts to take down ancients. It doesn't have a good enough magazine to reload ratio to run through missions with more constant enemy spawns but for defense it is just right. 

Throw on some blast combo mods and Split Chamber. Throws out some gnarly damage.  

Yeah but still lacks in overall dmg, instead as another user says Attica climbs from C weapon to B weapon, only just for fun

Perchance have you tried it on Mirage specifically with Hall of Mirrors?

Its like tons of mini penta explosions, but vs infested is good, in void after lvl 35-40 enemies just do nothing

(I guess Ps4 players don't have this buff yet? : o )

No, not quite, we got 14.1 + hotfixes (I think this is the version they submitted) certed last week but it hasn't landed on the PS4 yet.  However, I do play on both platforms, its just that my PC account is not where my PS4 account is rank/mod wise- not even close :-)  

Thunderbolt is fun and good for low levels, but its damage is...not too great compared to potential if something else is used. Besides, if you take any weapon and compare it to weapons often held in high regard, you might be disappointed. There's a reason people see those weapons like that, after all. Use Thunderbolt if you like it, though.

If you want high damage, take Thunderbolt off and go for a crit+elemental build. It does quite a bit of single target dps. Compared to the Latron Prime, Attica has much higher damage per shot and a little more crit chance. Latron Prime only shines there because of its high crit damage (and great status chance).  Also, unless you click fairly quickly (which can affect your accuracy), you won't capitalize on Latron's decent firerate.

Basically, it's a great gun now, and it can hold its own against Latron Prime (especially since it's more consistent). Anything more than that might be a bit uncalled for, I think.

@MaxHeadroom I am moving this to Feedback ----> weapons as it is indeed feedback. This would be a much better place to post this, just for future reference.  TY man.  

i can tell its really funny and satisfying to use thunderbolt on attica - all those exploisions :3

Thunderbolt is definitely not endgame material. At only 250 fixed damage per shot, even firing off 16 of the things into a crowd isn't going to net you a very good ammo economy per damage output when compared to the Ogris or Penta that can decimate crowds well into the high levels. Same holds true even with a Mirage.

It's good for leveling the Attica, though, and it's fun on lower level missions.

The problem is, at max rank thunderbolt only has a 30% chance of proccing, and when it does proc the bolt doesn't deal any damage and the explosion is fixed to 250 damage.

It's fun, but it can't beat actual launchers.

And thats is the whole point if DE buff thunderbolt explosive user players are going to QQ more for nerfs