Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archeage Rules

Lennoxx

Ruined by the patron program. Don't buy. Don't play. Without patron you can't craft or own land because you don't have labor points. Aaaand you need alot of em to do anything.

1 labor point per 5min. And you need 10 to harvest a single potato plant to put things into perspective. While with patron you get like 5 or 10 per minute.

-feeling boned yet?

Edited by Mabswer

• 4 weeks later...

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the servers are "under queue". Goddammit.

Oh well. A bunch of my friends are gonna play it when things settle down. I played a little bit of it in Beta (with a friend's account) and I enjoyed it. There's alot of things going for it other than "just another mmo". The class system is insanely flexible - you can pretty much completely make your own class. Tons of different combinations.

There's a housing system (I believe that's pay only though). And you can craft a pirate ship. I mean, literally craft it. Not like go to some guy and gather materials and he'll do it for you. No - YOU actually craft a ship. I highly suggest looking up videos of this game if you're even a tiny bit interested.

My only real gripe is that the races aren't very imaginative sans one.

You got the Nuian, which are...humans. Big whoop.

Then the Harani, which are....Asian humans. Yup, toootally different from normal humans!

Then the...Elves. They didn't even give these guys a special name. They're just ELVES. Either way, big whoop x2. Nobody cares about elves anymore.

The only race that's actually really imaginative are the Firran, which are catfolk. They look pretty cool ingame and blow all the other races out of the water appearance-wise. While everyone else is cookie-cutter typical MMO style, Firran are the ones that give this game the unique vibe it needed.

This game is a train wreck, in the beta tests it was fun had no issues and it could have turned out to be a really awesome, but now that its launched there are 2-10+ hour que's (weekends will literally be impossible to play on), its full of a ton of bugs some that wont let you even damage enemies. It's completely p2w. Founders were cheated. Trion is ignoring the players and some of the major issues. And it force restarts your computer at times (has been happening to a lot of people in it since yesterdays maintenance which pretty bad imo).

Dont bother with this game people warframe reign's high above it.

As I see the descriptions... Is this game worse (p2w point of view) than, I dunno, Neverwinter and such?

Yes.

Patron status is required to do a large portion of the game and to be able to compete with anyone. (unless you are able to literally play this game 24/7).

But atm the p2w is the least of this games problem, all you really need to do to see how AA is holding up is take 1 look at their forums.

it will explain everything

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed it does.

I loved those 7 hour queues.

Then I loved taking 2 and half hours to collect boar meat due to the amount of people in one tiny area (such a well thought out design).

Now i'm loving the random CTD's when trying to do .... anything because it's about as well optimised as a tank made of confetti which about to cross a shallow stream.

I also like how you need patron status to get a decent amount of labour points which is required to tie your shoe laces in that game because that concept is never going to get annoying ... honest ... no, I lied, it annoyed me in alpha but I thought "they obviously won't keep this terrible idea in" but I was wrong ... so wrong.

Edited by Ailissa

The engine is a mess; it reminds me of FF14's launch. Texture clamping is a bit pants as well. All in all, this game winds up hogging and wasting a significant portion of your system resources. Then, there are the memory leaks and crashes.

It can't possibly be any fun at all to play without buying Patron status. You'd be waiting for hours just to get into the game, and free players receive no labor points without logging in.

A couple of my friends convinced me to buy a month of Patron and play with them. I really regret it. This is a VERY eastern-style, grind your face off kind of game. It's a game designed with time sinks that appeal to young Asian men who are actually motivated to sit in cafes all day.

There are some unintentionally hilarious moments when female NPCs jiggle all over the place, metal armor and all. One of my buddies was even pushed off of a cliff by a tumbleweed with physics. We flipped our boat over, and that was funny too.

If I'm scoring it on an X/10 scale, my solo experience is something like a 3.5 or 4. With friends, it jumps up to around a 6. I hate technical flaws, and this game is just bursting with them. Other mechanics seem designed to push you into paying, but they're not incredibly aggressive. I just really hate feeling that way.