Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penta Nerf

Cryyos

This game don't need BALANCE. Not for PvE anyway.

You're just spoiling fun of others by your riDEculous statement.

Except jealousy, there is nothing that justify the change on launchers.

Yeah, no. We need game balance in PvE too. PvE balance is different than PvP balance, but we still need to have it.

The fact that you think people asked for this change out of jealousy is frankly insane. I don't think I need to explain why.

Yeah, no. We need game balance in PvE too. PvE balance is different than PvP balance, but we still need to have it.

The fact that you think people asked for this change out of jealousy is frankly insane. I don't think I need to explain why.

Why do ye even bother? He's irrational...

Hmm. I haven't had the chance yet to download the latest update for the PS4. So actually getting a chance to use the Penta with the reduced ammo will have to wait till I get home, and that's if it's even implemented yet for the console. Now I've been wondering if the Penta was going to get hit with a ammo nerf for awhile. A 500 plus ammo capacity was extremely awesome and I'll be honest it made me really enjoy Warframe having the ease of the reassurance that the weapon would head into the higher level foes. I'm used to running with far less for with grenade launchers in other games.

As a PS4 player I'm not real keen on the 20 ammo capacity due to the problem of having to run missions on outer planets solo. I'm not seeing a lot players on Ceres. Most of the time I'm the only one, or I have to pounce on a mission the minute I see a player number indicating someone is there. The Penta allowed me to branch out into the harder tilesets. Run missions in the void and Orokin Derilect. ect ect.

I can understand players having issues with kill stealing. It's a beast. I'd still say take it to 50 on ammo capacity though because I'm selling Warframe to other forums and gamers because of the Penta. When someone asks what guns from another game would you use I respond with the Penta in my top choices, It's monster and it's fun. I show someone it blasting a horde of Infested... they want to try it out. The 20 capacity doesn't hold the same visual power, or it makes the Penta a gimp even though properly modded I'd imagine it's fine.

But here's the thing guys. In few weeks Destiny launches. Now you can nerf all the fun weapons you want. Call the new players all sorts of terrible things for running with the Rhino or OP weapons so forth and so forth. But I'm on the console and watching fun weapons getting destroyed just makes me say okay I'll check in later while playing these other console games.

Fun isn't a bad thing. Having new players getting wrecked on Ceres who have finally gotten to the level where they can use the better weapons to only have them nerfed is frustrating. I know this because I'm groaning inside as a PS4 player going well there goes that gun. Okay so now which gun is next?

You can say get friends or whatever it is you guys say to chastise me. But honestly don't kill your guns. Don't remove the fun in them. You're about to get a competitor that says here's a sniper rifle that cloaks you, or captures ammo for you.

And you got them on Space Battles with Archwing. Please don't hobble yourself on the other fun factors like awesome weapons that do great damage and are empowering that are attracting players.

Fun isn't a bad thing. Having new players getting wrecked on Ceres who have finally gotten to the level where they can use the better weapons to only have them nerfed is frustrating. I know this because I'm groaning inside as a PS4 player going well there goes that gun. Okay so now which gun is next?

You can say get friends or whatever it is you guys say to chastise me. But honestly don't kill your guns. Don't remove the fun in them. You're about to get a competitor that says here's a sniper rifle that cloaks you, or captures ammo for you.

And you got them on Space Battles with Archwing. Please don't hobble yourself on the other fun factors like awesome weapons that do great damage and are empowering that are attracting players.

Dude i walk over Ceres with an... Ignis and PRE-NERF prosecutors. 

100 DPS weapon which is less than a Braton and it is one of the most inefficient weapons ever known.

In a place with nothing but heavy @$$ grineer and limited range and I still take it to 40 minutes in survival there.

If I can, you guys definitely can.

Edited by fatpig84

Dude i walk over Ceres with an... Ignis and PRE-NERF prosecutors. 

100 DPS weapon which is less than a Braton and it is one of the most inefficient weapons ever known.

In a place with nothing but heavy @$$ grineer and limited range and I still take it to 40 minutes in survival there.

If I can, you guys definitely can.

That sounds great. Really I'm impressed. I noticed DE seems pretty concerned over new player experiences. You just saying hey pro it up kids might impress who ever it is your trying to, but not everyone even knows what a Ignis is. Consider me a new player. The Penta was awesome. The Rhino is pretty neat looking. I like your game. Archwing looks amazing. Now go ahead and make me and other new players hate it by turning your best show stoppers into useless trash or perceived wastes of time. I'm sure that's a great business plan in someone's books.

That sounds great. Really I'm impressed. I noticed DE seems pretty concerned over new player experiences. You just saying hey pro it up kids might impress who ever it is your trying to, but not everyone even knows what a Ignis is. Consider me a new player. The Penta was awesome. The Rhino is pretty neat looking. I like your game. Archwing looks amazing. Now go ahead and make me and other new players hate it by turning your best show stoppers into useless trash or perceived wastes of time. I'm sure that's a great business plan in someone's books.

The Penta is MR6. It's hardly the kind of weapon a new player would have. And anyways, a balanced game will be more profitable in the long run. Sure, players might moan about it on the forums, but it had to be done.

The Penta is MR6. It's hardly the kind of weapon a new player would have. And anyways, a balanced game will be more profitable in the long run. Sure, players might moan about it on the forums, but it had to be done.

I am pretty new to this game. This will be my first year playing it and I think I've been at it for about four months now. This is just honest feed back from one player in console market you broadened into. When I first started I had no idea what I was doing. Yet I took the time to do some research and kept learning. I watched countless video from PlayWarframe and Mogatmu ( probably just killed his name) and other YouTube Warframe voices.

On being a new player the Acrid just made go yes. I want that gun. That looks like fun. So I'm invested in the experience for the pay off of finding a powerful weapon that would let me fight a giant monster. That's a game seller. Flying like a Gundam is a game seller. Nerfing all your game sellers isn't a good idea. When I finally got to the point after spending countless hours building my own DOJO on my own to unlock the Acrid I find out its been nerfed long ago. The gun that sold me the game fighting the J Golem is a fart pistol. Really the fart noises are hilarious. But it's nowhere near the awesomeness that attracted me to Warframe in the first place.

Seriously I didn't even know how much fun the Penta was until I built it on a lark. It completely sold me. Like I said earlier I brag about the Penta on other sites. Now all I can say is it got a ammo nerf so you better rethink it.

Seriously I didn't even know how much fun the Penta was until I built it on a lark. It completely sold me. Like I said earlier I brag about the Penta on other sites. Now all I can say is it got a ammo nerf so you better rethink it.

And there's the heart of the problem. The Penta isn't fun because it doesn't have infinite ammo? That seems like a very narrow definition of fun to me. I can still set up nade traps and blow whole waves to kingdom come with mine, I'm not really seeing it. Not only that, but the Penta is nowhere near a main selling point of this game, and thinking that just because they nerfed one thing they're going to nerf everything is a dangerous slippery slope to jump off of.

Anyways, the real point here is that this game is going to come out of beta sooner or later, and changes like that are going to happen. The unreasonably powerful guns will probably get some nerfs, and the unreasonably weak guns will get buffs. It's an unavoidable fact of playing an open beta game.

And there's the heart of the problem. The Penta isn't fun because it doesn't have infinite ammo? That seems like a very narrow definition of fun to me. I can still set up nade traps and blow whole waves to kingdom come with mine, I'm not really seeing it. Not only that, but the Penta is nowhere near a main selling point of this game, and thinking that just because they nerfed one thing they're going to nerf everything is a dangerous slippery slope to jump off of.

Anyways, the real point here is that this game is going to come out of beta sooner or later, and changes like that are going to happen. The unreasonably powerful guns will probably get some nerfs, and the unreasonably weak guns will get buffs. It's an unavoidable fact of playing an open beta game.

I'm not saying keep it at 500. 50 is reasonable for the solo run on high end crowd control. Regardless of saying play with friends or join a clan I find myself on my own in Warframe in the Void and Orokin Derilect. 20 sounds pretty dire for a new player on high end foes even with the sniper mutation mod. and guys the only reason I know this is because I took the time to read some of your posts. When this update hits the PS4 you really need to clarify which ammo mutation mod works with this weapon. I thought it was a rifle ammo mutation.

I can take the hit. I know how to mod and I'm looking for a good secondary to compensate for the 20 ammo capacity. But to me 50 seems a better capacity compromise for that solo player while still allowing players to run without a ammo mutation for more straight forward missions. While survival will punish them for not in the latter half of the clock.

Plus guys just camping on infested is going to happen with 20 or 500. One good rhino stomp and you're back to the ledge. If those are the players they want to punish you're not going to for long.

The nerf that the penta got was REALLY bad. As in it completely screwed up my 5 forma build because now I run out of ammo all of the time. I think that going from 540 to 20 is too big of a change and that the base ammo should go up to at least 40. Thoughts?

I understand how you feel, but DE does not care how you feel.

running out of Ammunition proves to be much more difficult if used at opportune times to eliminate groups of Enemies at a time, instead of effectively using a Cruise Missile against a single Enemy.

also, why do people INSIST on making so much work for the Moderators. we don't need 183x10^258 threads on the exact same subject.

I never understand why DE nerf such a niche weapon. Ogris and Penta only really shine in defense mission. Have you ever seen anyone using them in other mission type? Because I don't. The weapon can kill enemy as easy as it can kill you. No matter how careful you're, you can't stop idiot teammate jump in front of you right before you pull the trigger. High risk weapon like this should give high reward. Many people just simply thought "omfg! That Guy one shot eveything, nerf please!"

DE responded to the players. They did their job. There is no reason to blame DE for the nerf, it's the players who brough up the issue and brought it to there attention. Anyway it took them roughly 6 updates to implement the nerf so get used to it. 

We always figure a way around the nerf or at least a way to deal with it. These nerfs shouldn't be brought up again because we've had worse nerfs.... Same thing happened with trinity so get over it and spend your time making new builds. The nerf might or might not have been too extreme but we're tenno for a reason. Besides it's not we can't annihilate the corpus/grineer/corrupted/infested while were half sleep. :) (Everyone has been there at one point or another)

Warriors of Gun & Blade :p

Just make a explosives build page OP and you guys can come up with another universal build. 

Edited by (PS4)AtlasXV

DE responded to the players. They did their job. There is no reason to blame DE for the nerf, it's the players who brough up the issue and brought it to there attention. Anyway it took them roughly 6 updates to implement the nerf so get used to it. 

We always figure a way around the nerf or at least a way to deal with it. These nerfs shouldn't be brought up again because we've had worse nerfs.... Same thing happened with trinity so get over it and spend your time making new builds. The nerf might or might not have been too extreme but we're tenno for a reason. Besides it's not we can't annihilate the corpus/grineer/corrupted/infested while were half sleep. :) (Everyone has been there at one point or another)

Warriors of Gun & Blade :p

Just make a explosives build page OP and you guys can come up with another universal build. 

Warriors of gun & Blade

guns need ammo so its just warriors & blade ;(
Edited by gunsmoke77

Haha ;) Well said!