Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Red Veil Rising [<=I Think I Need A New Title, Putting This On Hold] (Updated 10/17)

HappyApathy

When i stumbled upon thid i was a bit sceptical but this looks amazing also that lizard... I WANT IT... Hopefully if they implement one thing into this game from the community it would be this delightful topic ;)

If you like what you see here I hope you take time to look at the full concept page, if we get enough up votes there hopefully the devs will consider implementing some of what is suggested.

I do want to see some of this concept actually implemented, and judging by the universal approval I've seen so far in the comments so do many other people, I really do believe it could breath so much more life and meaning into Warframe, something which I think it's sorely lacking right now.

Edited by HappyApathy

New Artwork by ValhaHazred added:

Red Veil Ghost Partisan with Wraith painted Grineer armor, Latron Wraith, and Stug Wraith

kjB07Yd.jpg

Red Veil Wraith Syandana's:

For Partisans (left) it adds a shell like part over the "wings"

For Assassins (right) it get a long tail as well:

X2RgZDg.jpgo2gjxDk.jpg

Edited by HappyApathy

FEATURED ON PRIMETIME 41 (I THINK/HOPE)!

Concept of the Week! It's great to know that DE has looked at this thread and will hopefully consider some of the concepts here, thank you to everyone who has helped it get this far, lets keep at it and one day we may see it actually happen in game!

That said I have to be honest part of me does kinda feel cheated out of a good chance in the spotlight due to technical difficulties (pray there's a video for youtube), that said the greater victory is getting DE's attention rather then exposure to the community at large, so I'm sort of pleased in a way, but I can't say I'm not disappointed.

Edited by HappyApathy

New Artwork by Goatasty.

Possible concepts for Ex-Crewman Zhon (Based upon John/Johnny Corpus of Prodman fame, name pronounced similar to "John"), leader of the Vandals (Corpus Rebels), responsible for anti-Corpus Red Veil activities (looking for feedback for character revisions (if you have any post it in the main concept thread), find out more about him in the main concept under "The Vandals" => Characters).

10661674_771787446201549_752436404111866

I found it interesting that for THE FIRST TIME, DE staff talked about new and other factions.

The warframe universe has 3 factions only, its very poor.

The grineer, the corpus and the infested.

Obviously the red vail being a ally I don't regard them as faction, as in, a enemy faction to fight against.

And no, I didn't forget the corrupted, I also don't regard the corrupted as the 4rth faction, cause they are just a bunch of copy-pasted models from the other factions, repainted and trimmed in gold.

So it would be great if this tread would inspire the dev's to create new original, stand alone, evil faction who roam the warframe universe.

New Artwork by Goatasty.

Possible concepts for Ex-Crewman Zhon (Based upon John/Johnny Corpus of Prodman fame, name pronounced similar to "John"), leader of the Vandals (Corpus Rebels), responsible for anti-Corpus Red Veil activities (looking for feedback for character revisions (if you have any post it in the main concept thread), find out more about him in the main concept under "The Vandals" => Characters).

On the left here could it be ? The John Prodmen?!

EDIT:

OK here goes someone make a badass photeshop of :

Left Stance , Meddle Hair , Right Armor ,Left Scars ,Right Scarf ,Whatever : The Real John Prodmen .

make it happen

Edited by Oxin

On the left here could it be ? The John Prodmen?!

EDIT:

OK here goes someone make a badass photeshop of :

Left Stance , Meddle Hair , Right Armor ,Left Scars ,Right Scarf ,Whatever : The Real John Prodmen .

make it happen

You know there's an actual artist whose working on that concept right? Goatasty is looking for feedback for Zhon so your suggestions will help determine the next iteration of him.

I found it interesting that for THE FIRST TIME, DE staff talked about new and other factions.

The warframe universe has 3 factions only, its very poor.

The grineer, the corpus and the infested.

Obviously the red vail being a ally I don't regard them as faction, as in, a enemy faction to fight against.

And no, I didn't forget the corrupted, I also don't regard the corrupted as the 4rth faction, cause they are just a bunch of copy-pasted models from the other factions, repainted and trimmed in gold.

So it would be great if this tread would inspire the dev's to create new original, stand alone, evil faction who roam the warframe universe.

Problem about adding more enemies is that they would likely just turn into another pile of cannon fodder to hack through and would likely do little to add more depth or meaning to the game, I would much rather see people been added that we can just sit down and talk with, that we could get to know, to understand, and get attached too, something we can care about beyond mastery ranks or drop tables.

People keep calling the Tenno self-serving mercenaries and it's not because we chose to be, but because it's THE ONLY CHOICE right now, we have no one to fight for except ourselves, the Grineer or the Corpus who are just hiring us as armed thugs. I WANT to be guardian, I WANT to be a protector, I WANT to be that noble warrior who fights for a just cause, but we have no one to guard or protect, and no cause but our own self-serving purposes. The Red Veil can change that by giving us people we can actually care about, and giving us a purpose that isn't some ambiguous notion of 'balance' from the Lotus or to promote the agenda one of the great evils that rule the solar system.

I really want to see the day that when Sargas Ruk jeers "You are just mercenaries, fighting for treasure!" I can look him square in the face and say "Your wrong" before I take him down.

New Artwork by Goatasty.

Reminds me:

e3-2010-red-faction-armageddon-images-20

e3-2010-red-faction-armageddon-images-20

This kind of haircut can fit this character nicely

Problem about adding more enemies is that they would likely just turn into another pile of cannon fodder to hack through and would likely do little to add more depth or meaning to the game, I would much rather see people been added that we can just sit down and talk with, that we could get to know, to understand, and get attached too, something we can care about beyond mastery ranks or drop tables.

Well, when I think of new original factions, I think about the variety it will bring, tile sets with theyr own style and architecture.

And more importantly, maybe something that isn't considerate by most, is these new factions could implicate different fighting styles, forcing the players to different play styles or strategies.

If we look at the grineer and corpus, they both are very alike, they shoot they hide, or they are heavy type or melee type, and they march towards u fearless.

I actually made a concept long ago, about a faction that was melee based, the twist being they would have good defenses, and good evading strategies to avoid gun fire damage, forcing the players into a melee combat.

This is an example on how diverse these factions may present them self and diverse the gameplay.

Idk if these concepts fit on this tread.

But i did them a long time ago, for a longer more detailed post, that I no longer can find the link in the forums :/

I leave them here for appreciation.

New independent faction:

GNPi6Jm.jpg

Sentinels:

nqWPsBa.jpg

Aim crosshairs:

PFCXIEZ.jpg

Mission type:

Ja7Nk7S.jpg

Edited by 7grims

Wow, this is SO AWESOME. De needs to add this, I really like how it looks so....rebel like.

I would also like to have a small little contributing idea towards this:

What if the stalker is part of or a Arm of the red veil?

I can't really see any way that the Stalker could fit in like that, he's more part of the lore about what happened "way back then", the Red Veil is more about expanding the "here and now" world that the Tenno have awoken into.

This is amazing, all of those concepts look and fit so well within the game, I'd love to see them added in the future!

Here, good sir, take my stockpile of upvotes!

I and all the contributing artists thank you, not nearly enough people just drop in to say a compliment in this thread.

Lyza Tal of the Vandals, by SUMA

The right hand of Zhon (leader of the Vandals), once a girl of privilege and high Corpus society, Lyza's former life was destroyed by political intrigue and back stabbing and she has since become a full time rebel against the system and the representative of the "youth in rebellion" element of the Vandals. While been a capable fighter, Lyza is also a talented hacker and has deep insight into the inner workings of Corpus politics due to her background, she also has a knack for promoting and publicizing the Vandal cause. Missions involving her would be more oriented towards propaganda and publicly exposing the Corpus for their crimes.

bOFC03R.jpg

Cropped Version:

m364ITR.jpg

Edited by HappyApathy

New artwork by WEREsandrock added:

awZQo6t.jpg

Vandal/Rebel Serro Crewman: Essentially a bigger badder Prodman, Serro wielders would be dressed up similar to Crewman with a slightly different color scheme, they might even wear makeshift 'non-regulation' body armor to allow them get up close to hack apart enemies.

New artwork by WEREsandrock added:

awZQo6t.jpg

Vandal/Rebel Serro Crewman: Essentially a bigger badder Prodman, Serro wielders would be dressed up similar to Crewman with a slightly different color scheme, they might even wear makeshift 'non-regulation' body armor to allow them get up close to hack apart enemies.

I dunno why, but looking at this reminds me oh so much of the Space Marines from Warhammer 40k. Namely, the Grey Knights.

• 2 weeks later...

New artwork by Panzer_the_Tank added:

cantis_by_panzerthetank-d81iyr9.jpg

Early concept for a rework of Cantis. The current character of Cantis is rather flat and undefined, one aim of this concept is turn her into a true well defined character with an expanded role in the Warframe universe. The rework would potentially make her into one of the leaders of the Red Veil with her driving motivation been a burning hatred towards the Grineer. She would be given a severe and cold personality and would likely be one of the darker characters of Warframe. If you are interested in finding out more, or have feedback/suggestions for her appearance or character, please check this post here.

--------------------------------------------

Before anyone mentions 'Eos Armor' Let me say a few things:

1. The final design of the Red Veil is, as far as I know, still in flux and can be changed, DE has done it in the past with enemies who end up getting a complete makeover so I don't see why that can't happen here, and frankly I hope they turn out to be more interesting then a bunch of reskinned hostage models with a few extra attachments.

2. There's a big difference between been a super powered void ninja blinging out your high-tech combat armor, and been a regular human being and expecting a few strips of decorative metal to save you from a hail of bullets. If you've been thrown in a prison cell you would expect to be stripped down to your space PJ's, but given the chance to prepare for combat I would think the Red Veil would wear armor that is a bit more substantial and with more body coverage.

-------------------------------------------

Notes I sent to Panzer_the_Tank when describing her appearance:

- I would actually like Cantis to be of Asian ethnicity to add some diversity to Warframe

- Like other Red Veil Ghosts, her appearance would be based off the hostage model though augmented with custom armor and/or stolen Grineer armor (repainted with a Wraith theme)

- As the back story says, one of her legs should a mechanical prosthetic from the knee down, while it should look like it's made from Grineer pieces, it should look more recognizably 'human' then a Grineer prosthetic, it would also be painted with a Wraith theme

- Cantis' age would be about mid-late twenties

- While I'm not saying she shouldn't be pretty, she isn't meant to be the image of feminine grace, she is a warrior who cares little about outward appearance and has no use for cosmetics

- If you could give her a Karak Wraith (which mind you doesn't exist yet) that would be great, otherwise I would imagine her carrying a Gorgon Wraith, though that might be a bit large and unwieldy for someone her size and build. Might also consider strapping a Machete Wraith across her back

- She shouldn't be smiling, more of a "I'm going to kill you" kind of look

Just one minor thing, did we ever get a confirmation on Cantis' gender? I mean Cantis looks like a female and I'd very much agree she is one but I recall DE refering to Cantis as a 'he' in a few ocations.

I may have missed something. But regardless, Panzer did a nice job as usual.