Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Red Veil Rising [<=I Think I Need A New Title, Putting This On Hold] (Updated 10/17)

HappyApathy

Love everything that's been done in this thread. If I might do a little shameless self-promotion, I've got a RP continuity set up for fleshing out the Red Veil as a faction recently and thought it might be a good idea to see if new ideas for both this thread and the Red Veil in general could be formed through roleplaying.

Shameless plug: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/319894-ic-invitation-only-behind-the-veil-faces-of-rebellion-and-revolution/

OOC discussion: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/319785-oocdiscussion-behind-the-veil-faces-of-rebellion-and-revolution/

Just one minor thing, did we ever get a confirmation on Cantis' gender? I mean Cantis looks like a female and I'd very much agree she is one but I recall DE refering to Cantis as a 'he' in a few ocations.

I may have missed something. But regardless, Panzer did a nice job as usual.

Cantis is treated as a 'she' pretty much everywhere on the wiki and when she is mentioned on the forums, it would be kind of shock if DE revealed her to be a guy instead. Warframe could also use a few more significant female NPC's.

Love everything that's been done in this thread. If I might do a little shameless self-promotion, I've got a RP continuity set up for fleshing out the Red Veil as a faction recently and thought it might be a good idea to see if new ideas for both this thread and the Red Veil in general could be formed through roleplaying.

Shameless plug: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/319894-ic-invitation-only-behind-the-veil-faces-of-rebellion-and-revolution/

OOC discussion: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/319785-oocdiscussion-behind-the-veil-faces-of-rebellion-and-revolution/

Ironically I was actually thinking about posting a link to my concept in your OOC thread :P, however I felt like that would have been obnoxious and intruding as I don't intend to participate (I don't have the right kind of stamina or attention to be part of a role play, same goes for following one as a reader so if something of interest does occur you would probably have to inform me directly).

If anything you think would be of interest arises from your thread feel free to suggest it in the main concept thread, likewise if you or anyone participating in your role play want to use anything from this concept you are welcome to do so (would it be wrong to suggest putting a link to this in your OOC?).

Edited by HappyApathy

Added in the Free Colony of Callisto section to this thread, the group has existed for a while in the main thread but up till now lacked any artwork, thanks to EVAtemplar117 that has changed so I can mention them here. The back story for them is fairly epic and well written and I do suggest checking it out in the main concept thread if you have time to do some reading.

-----------------------------------------------

New artwork by EVAtemplar117

NYwLO2p.png

Callistean Gauss/Railgun weapon concepts. Been a highly advance technological society like the Corpus, the idea was to give the Free Colony of Callisto a niche set of weapons that set them apart from the Corpus (who use energy weapons) and the Grineer (who use crude projectile firearms) by giving them highly sophisticated physical projectile weaponry.

Before anyone mentions the Lanka I actually accounted for it in the explanation for Callisto's weaponry in their description in the main concept.

While there are arguably a few Tenno made weapons that function in a similar fashion to gauss/railguns the idea here is a kind of technological convergence situation where two groups arrive at the same answer by different methods, besides if Callisto ever existed their weapons could be done in a way that makes them different in functionality from Tenno made projectile weapons.

...so what's the latest on this now that the Red Veil has more info about them? It seems like a lot of the concepts here were used (or at least they overlap) with one another.

"The Veil see corruption all around them. They are honour-bound to heal the system through a great and violent purge. No cost too great, no blood too precious."

I can revamp the Ghost concept to be the Red Veil syndicate quite easily for the most part.

As for the Vandals I could try to make compatible for the Perrin Sequence, however their description is sort of vague, I'm not sure what 'bringing prosperity and direction' means and how they are different from the mainstream Corpus (who technically bring 'prosperity and direction' as well in their own sense). I'm also not sure if the future will allow for new syndicates to be created or if what we see will be the final set of choices available.

I'm actually hoping to hear from a 'higher power' about what direction to go with this concept, whether I will get it or not is questionable.

For the most part though I'm going to be holding off from adding more until I get more information. To be honest the whole thing caught me completely off guard as I thought proxy wars were much further in the future.

Edited by HappyApathy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...