The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Misses Charge Attacks? Returning Confirmed-Edition + Poll

BoomToon43

Charging felt rewarding. The windup on a Galatine swing was sweet bliss when the end result was the upper halves of Lancer bodies flying up into the air like mortar and boards at a college graduation.

It'd be cool if heavy attacks/chages were worked into combos somehow, or if players could work them into combos somehow to create new, personalized combo paths. Listening to some of the old livestreams, this seemed to be what DE planned. Channeling seems like a rushed compromise that was borne from time constraints, with some flashiness and reused assets from Molecular Prime thrown in to mask the rushjob.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Charging felt rewarding. The windup on a Galatine swing was sweet bliss when the end result was the upper halves of Lancer bodies flying up into the air like mortar and boards at a college graduation.

It'd be cool if heavy attacks/chages were worked into combos somehow, or if players could work them into combos somehow to create new, personalized combo paths. Listening to some of the old livestreams, this seemed to be what DE planned. Channeling seems like a rushed compromise that was borne from time constraints, with some flashiness and reused assets from Molecular Prime thrown in to mask the rushjob.

I completely agree with what your saying.

I like combos a whole lot more. Nothing more awkward than standing around charging you attack just to have a teammate jack the kill, or worse, miss.

But I miss them so much because it felt really rewarding when you did land a hit, especially when it is a heavy enemy or a boss that would normally take multiply light melee hits.

Edited by BoomToon43

I sure as hell don't. Charged attacks WERE ABSOLUTE BULLSH*T. And if they are re-introduced they WILL BE ABSOLUTE BULLSH*T AGAIN. There were only 2 weapons that did damage in melee 1.0, the galatine and orthos (p), everything else was for coptoring or sucked &#!. Timing? What is this TIMING that people keep talking about? The Galatine and orthos had a reach of 15 miles and you could even SPRINT WHILE CHARGING THE GALATINE. There was no timing. You had momentum with attacks so you couldn't get knocked the f*ck down. And then you attacked 3 to 5 targets in front of you after a 2 second charge...

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Stop building straight channeling mods on your galatine and wondering why you're doing no damage. Channeling works off of base damage so if the base is low the channeling damage will also be low unlike charged attacks which worked on a separate multiplier. 

I miss Charge Attacks.

The Fragor, Scindo, and a few other heavy weapons really aren't the same now.  Their current damage output isn't really commensurate with their slow, mighty swings.  The Charge Attacks of old actually threw that damage into a heavy weapon and it felt like the powerhouse it was supposed to be.

I sure as hell don't. Charged attacks WERE ABSOLUTE BULLSH*T. And if they are re-introduced they WILL BE ABSOLUTE BULLSH*T AGAIN. There were only 2 weapons that did damage in melee 1.0, the galatine and orthos (p), everything else was for coptoring or sucked @$$. Timing? What is this TIMING that people keep talking about? The Galatine and orthos had a reach of 15 miles and you could even SPRINT WHILE CHARGING THE GALATINE. There was no timing. You had momentum with attacks so you couldn't get knocked the f*ck down. And then you attacked 3 to 5 targets in front of you after a 2 second charge...

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Stop building straight channeling mods on your galatine and wondering why you're doing no damage. Channeling works off of base damage so if the base is low the channeling damage will also be low unlike charged attacks which worked on a separate multiplier.

woah, chill dude, even if they re introduced them it didn't mean they would remove channeling or combos, you could completely avoid the charge attacks. Edited by BoomToon43

I really enjoyed that jet hammer for all of like 2 weeks. I've used it once since melee 2.0.

Personally, I was hoping that charge attacks would still exist, and be implemented as part of your combo chains. The combos in their current state are basically just a waste of time. Combos have a lot of potential, and I do really enjoy a lot of the animation work they put in, but none of the bonuses from them are explained and there's little value learning the combos from a specific mod for a specific weapon when spamming melee is just as effective.

I really cannot see why we cannot have both...the original melee 2.0 was a daisy chain combo with a hard and a quick attack and included chrging attacks. We could still have that with channeling. They just did not want to make it that awesome I guess. I blame the animation director. I believe the creative director wanted to do it and the team kind of wimped out halfway and gave us a quarter of the idea. That sucks. The melee is good...way better than the original 1.0 but far short of what it could have been/can be. 

I miss the charge attacks a little actually. I find what melee lacks, at least for me, is that big oomph that you need when you get surrounded. When I first heard about melee 2.0 it sounded to me like we'd be able to chain combos using both charge and normal swings. That would have been extremely cool.

Sadly it seems that charge attacks are gone for good. It would be nice if at least weapons had different channeling multipliers to make up for the lack of charge attack functions they used to have. 

I miss the charge attacks a little actually. I find what melee lacks, at least for me, is that big oomph that you need when you get surrounded. When I first heard about melee 2.0 it sounded to me like we'd be able to chain combos using both charge and normal swings. That would have been extremely cool.

Sadly it seems that charge attacks are gone for good. It would be nice if at least weapons had different channeling multipliers to make up for the lack of charge attack functions they used to have.

2 UI things we need is how much dmg kubrows do, and channeling stats.

I don't really like charge attack. I suck at timing and don't like to be interrupted while charging.

However, I do miss Jat Kittag's charge attack. That's what makes it unique.

the jat kittag was really fun back then. Edited by BoomToon43

It is in fact the opposite, charge attacks didn't encourage spamming, they encouraged careful timing, now we spam E all the time, because the combo system is the least intuitive thing ever and its just a waste of time, you can kill hordes of enemies by just pushing EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and performing the combos just for fun is not fun... because the system does not feel natural nor comfortable, so no fun. Combos right now are the least efficient way of fighting because u can just spam E as i mentioned and get away with it. 

This,...

never use the combos, they are too akward and slow to pull off, the enemies have either moved out of the way, or gotten shot down by team mates by the time i actually pull off the combo, so i just spam EEEEEEE. and that gets boring real quick..

Another thing, melee 2.0 is still too weak, (probaly because none of us uses the actual combos)

try going melee only against a bunch of infested on high lvl. survival runs.

the only faction where u could actually use melee against, is the faction, where u will be absolutly destroyed in seconds. (disruption/toxic clouds)

they need to get rid of the toxic clouds that damage u through your shields altogether, and seriously tone down the disruption, to maby 20% of current levels.