The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes Are Slow (According To Science)

Feallike

The top speed you can reach in warframe. Is about 3.0 meters per second. That is about 7-8 miles per hour.....

For Space ninjas they are sooo slow.... The top speed a human has reached is 26 MPH or 11.9 Meters per second.

The the fastest person on earth is 3x faster then Loki + Rush + Volt Speed.

So after figuring out that, you can imagine why people like to copter, its because in warframe your apparently extremely slow... :/

So i encourage the Devs to increase run speed, or increase the stat to make sense, because Warframes according to science warframes are incredibly bad runners.

This also questions Warframes stamina... If where running so slow and still burning up stamina in the matter of seconds....

Edited by Feallike

Problem is, remove coptering and you will have major S#&$storm if you dont add something that can replace it good enough.

I don't want it to be removed at all, but expecting that it get remove and not giving any ideas on what will replace it is just silly.

I don't want it to be removed at all, but expecting that it get remove and not giving any ideas on what will replace it is just silly.

Why not decrease the acceleration/speed effectiveness of the coptering mechanism to still useable levels (while maybe make it consume more stamina), while increasing the sprint speed of Warframes and reduce stamina consumption by a bit?

TBH loki base sprint speed should probably be 10 meters per second. (22 MPH)

Rhino should be 8 (17 MPH)

This makes their sprint speed make sense, and with rush you would reach 28 MPH. Finally good stats for a SUPER HUMAN.

With volt speed on Loki + Rush with a base of 10 meters per second: thats 58 MPH. Finally impressive results.

^ those stats make sense for a super human.

if Zoron Coptering took 50 stamina to use, then everyone would stop complaining. :p

Why not just increase movement speed not just on frames, but basically on EVERYTHING to make it more realistic. So, if DE would make frames faster, the same should be done for Grineer, Corpus, Infested, etc.

^ please, infested move only slightly faster then Base speed rhino... So Infested are technicly uber slow.. and don't get me started on the greneer...

To be fair, two things happen to make everything look pretty normal.

A: All other units move around the speed of the player characters.

B: The metre in this game is certainly a different difference than those on real life.

Ok lets assume Meters in this game are 2x what they are IRL. Thats still not impressive results. :/

thats 13 MPH, a Middle schooler could match Loki's speed while hes using Volts speed buff (with max power strength)

IMO I like the current speed level because you can actually hit moving targets sometimes. though not other players in PvP. If you've ever done a DS conflict you'll see players that move around so much you can't hit them without either a rapid fire weapon, a wide spread shotgun(with a lot of pellets per shot) or a large reach melee weapon. Seriously I feellike I'm standing in place with how some o fthem move, do I just have really bad lag or something for them to be able to stay behind me 80%of the time?

Edited by DrazeA

We don't know how much frames weigh though. Maybe they're all super heavy. 

True, but since Warframes can carry giant hammers, and a rocket launcher at the same time and keep the same speed... I don't think strength is a real problem...

Edited by Feallike

I agree. I doubt we need to make them move all at professional runner speeds by comparison, but it seems the general feeling of players is that we are even just a little, too slow. 

Doubling are movement speed would make us Human level speed... 3x it would make us Pro runner human speed, 4xing it would make us Super human speed. 

All i really want is 2x, but 3x would make the most sense. You know where suppose to be super humans... we could atleast move at Pro human runner speed... Though i am fine with average human runner speed.

Doubling are movement speed would make us Human level speed... 3x it would make us Pro runner human speed, 4xing it would make us Super human speed. 

Go with twice the movement speed, since having thrice the movement speed + Volt Speed + other speed increasing mods = crashing into everything at every second. 

Go with twice the movement speed, since having thrice the movement speed + Volt Speed + other speed increasing mods = crashing into everything at every second. 

Well if they can control Zoron Coptering (which is 4x your regular speed) then i think we can control 2x. :p

The top speed you can reach in warframe. Is about 3.0 meters per second. That is about 7-8 miles per hour.....

For Space ninjas they are sooo slow.... The top speed a human has reached is 42 MPH or 19 Meters per second.

The the fastest person on earth is 5x faster then Loki + Rush + Volt Speed.

So after figuring out that, you can imagine why people like to copter, its because in warframe your apparently extremely slow... :/

So i encourage the Devs to increase run speed, or increase the stat to make sense, because Warframes according to science warframes are incredibly bad runners.

This also questions Warframes stamina... If where running so slow and still burning up stamina in the matter of seconds....

First off, I like the way you are thinking ... despite what many others have stated in these forums, Warframe is SF at its core and therefore voluntarily submits itself to scientific analysis

Second, are you sure about 3 m/s as top speed?

Volt with Sprint Aura and Rush maxed out and using Speed seems to be a whole lot faster than Loki modded the way you cite

(As an aside, it seems wall run is faster than floor running, but that may be a visual illusion)

However, I agree with you that the running speed of the Tenno seems way out of line with their other abilities

After all, maneuverability is the cornerstone of everything they do

Thirdly, I agree that Stamina is surprisingly low for a "superhuman" ...

The only rational way to account for that is that the Tenno's metabolism is so taxed by just possessing their abilities that it slows them physically

If that was a reasonable cause, then not installing ability mods should incrementally increase your stamina

Personally, I think that running speed and stamina should scale up with the level of the warframe just as shields, health and energy storage does

Well if they can control Zoron Coptering (which is 4x your regular speed) then i think we can control 2x. :p

Zoren Coptering has times where the player can reposition themselves (even if the time is a short bit). Just go with 2x, not 3x, or else we would crash into everything (and I think our Warframes have inertia when we are fast enough).