Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would You Recommend Dark Sector?

Sir_Alex_Traffo

So I was reading the lore/history Warframe Wiki page and at the beginning it's said that a few info from Dark Sector are provided there, if I want to know more I should buy and play the game.

I thought "Hell, maybe I should buy it and pl...............................................wait, I already bought it."

I realised I do have Dark Sector in my Steam library, probably coming from an old bundle related to Warframe, I suppose; I've put it in download but even if it has taken only 10 minutes to be ready I had no enough time to launch it and I came back to work.

Now I'm just curious, I'll give it a try for sure, but what do you think about it? Is it worth it for a Warframe fan?

The only gameplay video I saw a bit ago wasn't really that cool, it was like 20 minutes of:

- Walk(not run, WALK)

- Enemy pops out

- Throw Glaive

- Repeat......

EDIT: actually not sure if this is the right section....

Edited by siralextraffo

Good luck with the controls. Good game though.

Really? Is it that bad? The idea it gave me from the video was that the player was trying to control a moving fridge, but I suppose I should test it myself.

It gets draggy as the mission goes, and I guess it gets quite repetitive.

to the point that you would end up figuring out the exploits for them *hard* mobs 

the story is quite interesting though.

Well, I think "repetitive" is not really a problem for us Warframe players, is it? ;)

Edited by siralextraffo

AWESOME story. AWFUL controls.

Slow. Any Warframe player is going to think her or she is mired in molasses. Cover is fun though. And controlling the Glaive in flight is just too cool.

Pretty much summed up.

Edited by Kalenath

The finishers in DS are so much more brutal, and cooler, than Warframe's, IMO.

Well, hope they're a bit more frequent than Warframe's as well!

Sorry to ask, but is it my screen issue or there's no health/shield/ammo/power/ANYTHING bar anywhere??? I mean, no info on screen at all??

Sorry to ask, but is it my screen issue or there's no health/shield/ammo/power/ANYTHING bar anywhere??? I mean, no info on screen at all??

health regen, and your screen might not be at the currect ratio, might want to play it in window mode.

Edited by BloodHungryKitten

Nope, no HUD at all.

That's one big contradiction.

And THAT is Dark Sector in a nutshell. Blasted publishers and their 'predictions'...

Edited by Kalenath

You have no shields, and health is displayed CoD-style, and power is displayed by the glowing sections on your arm, and I had a bug where the Ammo HUD was half-on, half-off the screen.

worst thing about playing Dark Sector? 

it makes you wonder how things that work so well in it, are so garbage in Warframe..... =/

the comparisons are really depressing =[

One thing does carry through: The Glaive sucks as a melee weapon. (Not for throwing, though, mind you.)

worst thing about playing Dark Sector? 

it makes you wonder how things that work so well in it, are so garbage in Warframe..... =/

the comparisons are really depressing =[

Really? Cause actually I've not read great things about DS in reviews, even if most of them have positive players comments!

Honestly if i was introducing a friend to Warframe, Dark Sectors would be the one thing i would leave out when describing the game...

Not that i have anything against it, just hate PvP :/

PvP? Isn't it a single player game??

Edited by siralextraffo

Honestly if i was introducing a friend to Warframe, Dark Sectors would be the one thing i would leave out when describing the game...

Not that i have anything against it, just hate PvP :/

We're talking about the game Dark SectOr, not the solar rails in Warframe. I understand your confusion!

One thing does carry through: The Glaive sucks as a melee weapon. (Not for throwing, though, mind you.)

This scares me, I don't even like the Glaive in Warframe, not at all really, so I can't really imagine being forced to use it as the only melee weapon.

Also I read quite often that DS is cool because of the Glaive and its mechanics, which scares me even more.

Dejavu

Also the game is quite fun, if you like warframe. You will like Dark Sector. But the main way, is to play Dark Sector, then Warframe. 

But from you'r perspective, you dont seem to enjoy the good things in life. Play it or not, enjoy it or not. Give it a try and come back with a feedback on how it may have changed this perspective you have. Give it a shot bud. 

Funny - I bought the game again five days ago after I played through it back in 2009.

And honestly, I still did like every second of it and now, with all the stuff I do know from Warframe, the game felt different and much more connected.

Regarding the controls - they are fine, feels a bit "stiff" but I had not the slightest issue playing through it again.

So, after all, I would recommend it, yes.

Edited by OldSnakeMGS4