The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coptering Discussed In Depth (Like Really In Depth) And Arguments On Why It Needs To Change.

Aure7

I personally like it and don't want to see it changed :p

But I really wish DE would actually put some effort into balancing coptering and give it a better animation, as is this is literally all I see in Conclaves with the air jousting.

933ea27d5f7275d991014f6ad6129282.gif

Edited by Basilisk1991

• 4 weeks later...

I'm more interested in a buff to sprinting. The real problem is sprinting is practically useless without 2 mods, not that coptering itself is bad.

The base speed of all frames needs to be increased and stamina cost of sprinting reduced. Then maybe I'll stop coptering. As is, sprinting feels less like ninja running and more like grandma.

I'm more interested in a buff to sprinting. The real problem is sprinting is practically useless without 2 mods, not that coptering itself is bad.

The base speed of all frames needs to be increased and stamina cost of sprinting reduced. Then maybe I'll stop coptering. As is, sprinting feels less like ninja running and more like grandma.

yeah I encourage that in my main parkour thread, hopefully we'll see some changes

Don't worry they are working on mechanics for copter-ing, DE

They said we'd see some changes to stamina balances for both melee and parkour, and this included copter-ing, made my hype

Tired if seeing Tenno doing this instead of actually trying to use their feet

The animation's purpose wasn't even meant for the type of mobility people use it for now.

For me, coptering just breaks the game, aesthetically. Here we are, four space-badasses about to drop some genocidal pain on the enemy. And two of these just decided to turn into hovercrafts and spin away with the animations going all over the place. Like some epileptic ballerina during a skydive. 

Coptering simply has no place in the game ever since air-melee attacks were implemented. Secondly, coptering isn't THAT effective. My Excal with maxed out Rush can keep up with most everyone. And I don't look ridiculous. 

But in the end. I can choose not to use copter as a crutch and thus feel superior to the peasants that do. 

but its aesthetically acceptable that a frost will be completely left behind by a nova if forced to go without coptering and he will spend the entire mission trying, and failing, to catch up...

such logix 

but its aesthetically acceptable that a frost will be completely left behind by a nova if forced to go without coptering and he will spend the entire mission trying, and failing, to catch up...

such logix 

It's sad to see you think that'll happen. Nobody in their right mind would go "Hey, coptering is aesthetically displeasing. Let's remove it from the game even though it makes slow frames keep up with fast frames" and NOT give something to the slow frames in terms of mobility. A lack of coptering for Frost could be fixed just by giving him the ability to propel himself forward like Iceman would from X-Men, or give him jet thrusters to make him be able to slide at a blazing fast rate. 

Personally I hate all the people that Copter through the mission .. they Sonic pass Everything and leave slower players to fend for themselves .. OR in the case of the Disconnection to Host Crap , they can prevent players from getting into a mission that requires keys by running ahead and " completeing mission goal " by engaging the target

Personally I hate all the people that Copter through the mission .. they Sonic pass Everything and leave slower players to fend for themselves .. OR in the case of the Disconnection to Host Crap , they can prevent players from getting into a mission that requires keys by running ahead and " completeing mission goal " by engaging the target

This is not the case all the time, yes it happens but its rare, coptering can save your &#! as well when a teammate is down I can reach them a lot faster, I don't see people complaining about that here.

I'm not entirely certain why the OP compares coptering and rocket jumping to each other. I mean, rocket jumping requires a fair bit of skill to pull off properly without leaving yourself vulnerable, and the mechanic itself has a lot of depth and a very high skill ceiling. Coptering has none of this. You point your warframe in the right direction, and then hold a few keys while hammering another, and then you start moving ridiculously fast. 

I personally feel that the maneuver should be either removed or made impotent as a movement tool, and different methods of getting around fast should be introduced instead. I hope that Parkour 2.0 brings both this as tilesets reworked to be more parkour-friendly.

I'm not entirely certain why the OP compares coptering and rocket jumping to each other. I mean, rocket jumping requires a fair bit of skill to pull off properly without leaving yourself vulnerable, and the mechanic itself has a lot of depth and a very high skill ceiling. Coptering has none of this. You point your warframe in the right direction, and then hold a few keys while hammering another, and then you start moving ridiculously fast. 

I personally feel that the maneuver should be either removed or made impotent as a movement tool, and different methods of getting around fast should be introduced instead. I hope that Parkour 2.0 brings both this as tilesets reworked to be more parkour-friendly.

That's also kinda his point.  Coptering has very little skill and risk involved compared to rocket jumping.  The reason he compared them was that they are both movement mechanics that were discovered by their players, and were not intended by the designers.

That's also kinda his point.  Coptering has very little skill and risk involved compared to rocket jumping.  The reason he compared them was that they are both movement mechanics that were discovered by their players, and were not intended by the designers.

Also because, once discovered, rocket jumping received a lot of attention and fine tuning to become a more fleshed out feature of the game.

Whereas coptering has basically just been acknowledged and left completely as is by DE thus far. With Parkour 2.0, we may see some development of it. At least I hope.

There is no coptoring in AW.  Look at how little success that has.

Coptoring in PvP is lame.  Not many people playing that either.

Rocket jumping doesn't travel forward much.  It's mostly up.  So comparing rocket jumping to coptoring is comparing apples to oranges.  It's also making Warframe like other games we can already play, or have stopped playing..

Rocket jumping doesn't travel forward much.  It's mostly up.  So comparing rocket jumping to coptoring is comparing apples to oranges.  It's also making Warframe like other games we can already play, or have stopped playing..

Sorry, it's neither one of those things.

Rocket Jumping is compared to Coptering because they're both weapon-based mobility and both originally started as being unintended. Rocket Jumping was loved enough to where it became an actual feature with fine tuning and balancing. Coptering is just completely unintended, unbalanced, and still looking like it did when it was still called an exploit. The two may do different things but at the end of the day they're cut from the same cloth. 

Not to mention that if the imagination was used a lot more than it already is that mobility everyone loves and craves could be achieved through other more logical and creative means.

probably said it before in this same thread, but the frames will need a run-speed overhaul to remove coptering from the game.

otherwise, if it were removed, we would just move to the next point of the slippery slope. "i want to play frost, but every time i join a game all the nova, loki, and everyone else just go running off ahead and i cant keep up :( :( :( "

try to see beyond the tip of your nose once in a while. 

probably said it before in this same thread, but the frames will need a run-speed overhaul to remove coptering from the game.

otherwise, if it were removed, we would just move to the next point of the slippery slope. "i want to play frost, but every time i join a game all the nova, loki, and everyone else just go running off ahead and i cant keep up :( :( :( "

try to see beyond the tip of your nose once in a while. 

that is literally said in the first line of the op in Bold font.

Because every change proposed has some kind of nerf/limit to it, and I don't want that.

Well you're not the only person playing Warframe are you?

So how about stop being a child and let other people pitch concepts and ideas