Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: How About Turning Current Skana And Lato Into Mk1-Versions And Introduce Buffed Regular Versions?

Othergrunty

Original title edited from: "Suggestion: How about introducing MK-1 Skana and Lato?"

I admit, i'm not a fan of the MK1-Weapon concept and how many players were demanding them just for mastery fodder, but now that they are here, i accept that they are here to stay. No reason trying to fight windmills.

However why don't the devs just go all the way and introduce the MK1-Lato and MK1-Skana and create buffed versions of them for mid or even late game?

(EDIT: This means keeping the current stats on the Mk1s and giving the new regular versions better stats.)

Now that we have a selection officialy designated starter versions of weapons, the Lato and Skana as official "we are weak weapons" kind of stand out as odd with their name. The old counter point to buffs for them "they are starter weapons" has no longer any value since now we have the MK1 title as official designation for those and the Lato and Skana don't have that. So by the new naming logic the Lato and Skana should get a Mark 1 counterpart too.

This could be done in 2 ways.

1. Either all currently owned Skanas and Latos get buffed while the Mk1 versions with the current stats are introduced in tutorial and market.

2. Or all currently owned versions are renamed Mk1 and the buffed versions are introduced to the market.

In turn the Vandal and Prime versions could get a justified buff. For the info i own neither (though i would gladly battle 200 energy draining Leader enemies over a weekend to get an AkLato Vandal. I just like the design).

Oh and not to forget the AkLato and Dual Skanas being adjusted to those changes too. The AkLato is up for a buff either way.

In the end i can only ask:

Why not?

EDIT 1:

Apperently the title was a bit misleading. I hope the new one makes it clear what i wanted to suggest.

EDIT 2:

In order reduce more potential confusion. These are examples for stats differences i meant.

MK1-Lato:                            Lato:
- Damage overall: 18           - Damage overall: 24    
- Slash: 9                             - Slash: 8
- Impact: 4,5                         - Impact: 8
- Puncture: 4,5                     - Puncture: 8

Note:

I original hoped to post this question for a livestream, but chances are very slim it would get picked. So i made a thread instead.

Edited by Othergrunty

"The old counter point that they're starter weapons" Still works, not everything needs a MK1, those two certainly don't. Besides if you did make the MK1 you'd have to buff the other two, and because they got buffed so would their prime counterparts, which are no longer available. When those get buffed half the fanbase with start clogging the forums with their butthurtness. All in all, they don't need it because they already are Mk1s, skana even says it in its description "The first weapon a tenno learns" I'm not gonna hand a nuke to a noobie

"The old counter point that they're starter weapons" Still works, not everything needs a MK1, those two certainly don't. Besides if you did make the MK1 you'd have to buff the other two, and because they got buffed so would their prime counterparts, which are no longer available. When those get buffed half the fanbase with start clogging the forums with their butthurtness. All in all, they don't need it because they already are Mk1s, skana even says it in its description "The first weapon a tenno learns" I'm not gonna hand a nuke to a noobie

Having to buff the prime counterparts is not a good argument against buffing the lato and skana. That annoyed half of the community can bugger off. Players not being able to currently attain something is no excuse for weapons that some players do have to remain nigh-unusable. That's the reasoning I saw people bringing up for why they snipetron and snipetron vandal shouldn't be buffed. The skana's description can be changed. 

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

How about no?

Why not ask for an Mk-1 Excalibur, Mag, and Volt while you're at it? Can't put a potato on it. Only comes with two skill slots.

Hey you remembered my recent arguing from that MK1-Weapon thread. Yes, that was my bad suggestion for the Mk1-weapons. You forget they would be level 30 from the start. Didn't went anywhere and now i tried to adjust to the situation with an old pet issue of mine.

So yeah, point taken. Will try not make such stupid suggestions in the future.

Having to buff the prime counterparts is not a good argument against buffing the lato and skana. That annoyed half of the community can bugger off. Players not being able to currently attain something is no excuse for weapons that some players do have to remain nigh-unusable. That's the reasoning I saw people bringing up for why they snipetron and snipetron vandal shouldn't be buffed. The skana's description can be changed.

How many players would be against a Gorgon buff just because they can't get the Gorgon Wraith anymore, eh?

Edited by Othergrunty

Even though it'd be adding yet even more weapons to the massive pile we have in-game, I think this would be a nice idea.

The Lato and Skana have great designs but are unfortunately weak compared to everything else in the game. I mean, the Lato is supposed to be "used by the Tenno everywhere" and the Skana is a "pillar of the culture" so why not make them worth using?

EDIT: I guess everyone hates these weapons.

The OP's idea results in the Skana and Lato actually having decent, usable forms (probably). I'm surprised so many people wanted MK-1 weapons in the Market and yet leave these ones in their mediocrity.

Edited by Otenko

HOW ABOUT NO?!?!

srsly all this mk-1 mastery rank fodder garbage...

how about we REMOVE ALL THE mk-1 weapons and just give new players a choice of the skana/bo/furax/furis/kunai/lato/braton/strun/paris?

oh? you say the braton/skana/lato are all outclassed by the other choices? gee how freaking amazing, wow, IF ONLY you could somehow bring them up to par.... 

How many players would be against a Gorgon buff just because they can't get the Gorgon Wraith anymore, eh?

Don't know, but their tears would be worth the buff. Players not wanting something buffed because it also buffs a weapon they can't get are the epitome of selfish. 'If I can't have it, it can't be good'

[snip]

How about you come down.

BTW, I don't see Mk1 Strun.  I think I saw it during the tutorial.

It's on the market, somewhere below the normal Strun.

HOW ABOUT NO?!?!

*snips*

I'm not a fan of the MK1-concept either. Would prefer a more solid selection of starter weapons too. But i thought now that the MK1-weapons are here and will most likely not go away, it could be a reason to buff two existing weapons out of their starter dead end.

Edited by Othergrunty

MK1-Lato would do such low damage, that on certain enemy types, it would actually heal them.

Sorry for not making that more clear in my original suggestion, but the idea was that the MK1-Lato would get the stats of the current Lato and that the regular Lato could get higher stats.

For example (meaning these are random numbers i picked as example). Using the Bratons as basis.

MK1-Lato:                            Lato:

- Damage overall: 18           - Damage overall: 24    

- Slash: 9                             - Slash: 8

- Impact: 4,5                         - Impact: 8

- Puncture: 4,5                     - Puncture: 8

PS: I know the Braton only has 6,6 damage in each category but i used a 1,4 higher damage number because the Lato has fewer shots and slower firing speed than the Braton so DPS would still be in favor of the Braton.

Edited by Othergrunty