Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus Mod For Nyx

2ply

Hey guys,

Just wanted to see if anyone has looked into this, I recently took NYX to level 30 and while she is a blast to play I was left with a question I can't seem to find any answer for online.

Does the focus mod enhance any of Nyx's mind control powers, such as the power 'chaos'.

I was wondering if it made the groups of enemies you use the power chaos on more powerful in their attacks or not, its is impossible for me to judge this as I cannot see damage numbers from their attacks.

But I do know that as the Nyx character if you use Chaos a lot in missions you will often times have a very high "total damage" done score as a result, this being the damage that was caused by the enemies who were fighting each other under your power.

Any thoughts or info on this would be great!

As far as I have seen the focus mod does nothing to allow enemies to hurt each other more. All it does is increase the power of psychic bolts.

I have tried it with and without a max level focus and have not seen any difference in how fast enemies were killing each other. Go with Continuity and Reach for Nyx.

i dont have/use Nyx

but i would guess that focus ONLY effects her Psychic Bolts power

since her Chaos/Mind Control/Absorb are all dependent on the damage of OTHERS and not her 

AFAIK it sounds like Focus is not a great pick for Nyx 

and IMHO this is something that needs to be addressed with mods/powers, we Tenno need to know what affects what and also it would be nice if more mods were more useful to all frames

Well, I assume "Focus" translates into an increase in Damage that the ability deals... as Chaos or Mind Control deals no damage directly, I would assume her Bolt attack would only benefit from increased damage... (don't know about Absorb, as it just deals the damage it receives!)

Well, I assume "Focus" translates into an increase in Damage that the ability deals... as Chaos or Mind Control deals no damage directly, I would assume her Bolt attack would only benefit from increased damage... (don't know about Absorb, as it just deals the damage it receives!)

Absorb only deals the damage it recieves...a small bonus though? It also absorbs and reflects friendly fire. Get someone with a max damage hek to shoot it a few times and watch ti just wipe out everything near it.