Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equipping "none" In Weapons/melee Slots.

CedarDpg

Just a few suggestions:

1) When there isn't a weapon in a primary or secondary slot, "F" (except for switching between ranged and melee should those be equipped) or other methods to select that weapon should not be available. Selecting it directly should do nothing with your current weapon staying equipped. It looks sort of dumb when we cycle through and we're pretending to hold a weapon.

2) Empty melee slots should not mean we cannot do any melee interaction... We should be able to at least punch stuff. If not enemies, fine. We should be able to at least punch containers and other breakable objects. I mean, when I punch something, I don't pick up a melee weapon to do so.

You can (effectively) melee for ~20 damage by doing a jump slide, although this is almost completely useless. *edit, for breaking containers*

This incidentally gives the perfect damage value for an unarmed attack, 20 impact damage with 0% critical, 0% status, and, of course, no upgrades. This is negligible yet still enough to break containers.

Edited by Kthal

You can (effectively) melee for ~20 damage by doing a jump slide, although this is almost completely useless. *edit, for breaking containers*

This incidentally gives the perfect damage value for an unarmed attack, 20 impact damage with 0% critical, 0% status, and, of course, no upgrades. This is negligible yet still enough to break containers.

Id still prefer his suggestion to simply hit 1 key and get done what a jump slide attack accomplishes in 2 keys

Number 2 has already been made, even. I don't know why they didn't make it available when you choose not to equip a melee weapon.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Escape

When you're in the Escape mission that you get sent to when you die vs. the Zanuka Hunter thingie, you can do a wimpy punch like described, until you get your melee weapon back. This should be standard.

I already suggested a similar thing to number 2 there in my other thread I made: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/295236-how-about-a-new-quick-melee-attack-for-when-running-without-an-equipped-melee-weapon/  although that one is probably intended to better than a mere 20 damage. I think it might be neat if we could use one similar to how the grineer and corpus melee hit if you get too close to their range troops. The attacks from harvester mission might make a nice extension of that when switching to it and holstering both weapons.

Well the other thing is yeah, most games, when you have a rifle equipped or a pistol equipped, a melee attack usually consists of hitting someone with the butt of the weapon. Which might be a good alternative to punching if one doesn't have a melee weapon equipped.

Edited by CedarDpg

Yeah jump slides and sprint slides do damage, but it's not as convenient as hitting "E." Especially when one usually has a melee weapon equipped unless there are special circumstances in which the player has chosen to not equip a melee weapon. Such as for conclave restricted events. Heck, why can't we rip the intestines out of a Corpus crewman and use it to strangle that other Corpus crewman? Or pick up a helmet with head still inside and use that to bash in a crate? ;) Okay, that's maybe asking for too much. Being able to punch a container isn't that much to ask.