Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Darker Side Of The Grineer: Cloning Facility - Tileset

OrphanMaker

I was thinking earlier how dark the idea of the grineer truly are and think we need something to show there twisted ethics and lack of humanity.

The grineer cloning facility will show the darker side of the grineer. It will be a bio-engineering laboratory filled with cloning vats and failed experiments. The enemies will be mostly mutants and Grineer doctors. Their will be mutant kubrows, mutant grineer, and weird failed experiments.

Example:

Starkiller_clones.png

splice-dren-4-420.jpg

cloning_facility_by_letipple-d3c1nod.jpg

My next idea is a "cyborg facility with twisted flesh & machine monster." Cyborg kuborws!

Grineer recycling and revitalization. Decapitated grineer, getting robotic necks and being brought back to life! "The horror!"

Edited by OrphanMaker

I think a Grineer Lab tileset would be ideal for Tyl Regor, as at least currently he is described as a Grineer scientist working on DNA. From what his rework gives off though, He doesn't look like a scientist type. I imagine a withered Grineer in a lab suit of some form.

I was thinking earlier how dark the idea of the grineer truly are and think we need something to show there twisted ethics and lack of humanity.

The grineer cloning facility will show the darker side of the grineer. It will be a bio-engineering laboratory filled with cloning vats and failed experiments. The enemies will be mostly mutants and Grineer doctors. Their will be mutant kubrows, mutant grineer, and weird failed experiments.

I like the idea... but I don't see how them cloning themselves (presumably their only method of reproduction) is dark. And I've always been against the idea of ethics holding back scientific achievement. As long as it is legal, and everything is consensual I don't see the issue. And it's not like we (as Tenno) are helping with their situation given the fact that we were sent to kill Tyl Regor to stop the medical advancements he was making.

I always wondered why they didn't do this arfter the corpus gas cities. Cloning and bio-cybernetics is the most prominent feature about the grineer yet we don't have a tile set for it. Maybe they will be placed in the under water set.

Edited by Postal_pat

I like the idea... but I don't see how them cloning themselves (presumably their only method of reproduction) is dark. And I've always been against the idea of ethics holding back scientific achievement. As long as it is legal, and everything is consensual I don't see the issue. And it's not like we (as Tenno) are helping with their situation given the fact that we were sent to kill Tyl Regor to stop the medical advancements he was making.

The grineer were originated by people who started cloning themselves to make armies. The problem is that the original ones died, and then it was necessary to clone the grineer with another clone DNA, which severely damaged the further generations, as you see most of them have entire body parts placed by machines. It's not 'just' an ethic problem, it's a bio problem... That's why Tyl Regor works on gene-repairing (I really don't know why Tenno needs to kill him, it's cruel to let grineer live that way and worse)

The grineer were originated by people who started cloning themselves to make armies. The problem is that the original ones died, and then it was necessary to clone the grineer with another clone DNA, which severely damaged the further generations, as you see most of them have entire body parts placed by machines. It's not 'just' an ethic problem, it's a bio problem... That's why Tyl Regor works on gene-repairing (I really don't know why Tenno needs to kill him, it's cruel to let grineer live that way and worse)

I mostly agree, but I don't think they mechanical augmentations are for failing parts. I think they're augmented with machines to enhance their combat capabilities.

I mostly agree, but I don't think they mechanical augmentations are for failing parts. I think they're augmented with machines to enhance their combat capabilities.

This is from their faction description:

"While they may be at the height of power, the Grineer army is in bodily decay and their features are increasingly primitive as a result of continuous cloning. As such, the Grineer are forced to use technology as a crutch for their genetic deterioration."

I think it's a little of both. I assume Grineer non-combatants look like the capture targets. They get modified, but not to the extent soldiers do.

This is from their faction description:

"While they may be at the height of power, the Grineer army is in bodily decay and their features are increasingly primitive as a result of continuous cloning. As such, the Grineer are forced to use technology as a crutch for their genetic deterioration."

I think it's a little of both. I assume Grineer non-combatants look like the capture targets. They get modified, but not to the extent soldiers do.

That works. That also backs my long running theory that the grineer (as a faction) are far more intelligent than the community (generally) gives them credit. 

That works. That also backs my long running theory that the grineer (as a faction) are far more intelligent than the community (generally) gives them credit. 

Oh yeah. They obviously are. Working artificial gravity, massive-scale engineering, and caseless weapons? Plus if they're able to do space travel they obviously know physics. 

My theory is that they inherited some of that from the Orokin, and while they know how to produce it and keep it running they're not quite sure exactly how it works which is why their stuff is so patched-together.

Inspiration for the Cloning facility's exterior, with an underwater base connecting to the top part:
kamino.jpg

I had a similar idea in my own topic about the water base. The Grineer could have drilled giant holes and harvest their thermal energy to power the cloning facilities. I would like to see it having a slight medical touch. Storage crates full of protheses, Grineer personnel missing arms and legs... Tubes with Grineer clones, storage halls with rows after row of Grineer personnel. The doctors can look a bit like medieval doctors, having a gas mask and S#&$. Capture, Sabotage and Spy are major themes there.
Inspiration for clone pods:
il_570xN.222604424.jpg

Oh yeah. They obviously are. Working artificial gravity, massive-scale engineering, and caseless weapons? Plus if they're able to do space travel they obviously know physics. 

My theory is that they inherited some of that from the Orokin, and while they know how to produce it and keep it running they're not quite sure exactly how it works which is why their stuff is so patched-together.

I definitely think the Grineer are using Orokin tech (and the reverse-engineering of it) to supplement their capabilities. But I'm not sure how big of a role it has played in their growth. Vor seems to be one of the only people who is obsessing with the tenno and the void.

I definitely think the Grineer are using Orokin tech (and the reverse-engineering of it) to supplement their capabilities. But I'm not sure how big of a role it has played in their growth. Vor seems to be one of the only people who is obsessing with the tenno and the void.

Well, General Ruk is technically their foremost artifact hunter, but he seems to be in it more for the money to pay for his augments rather than out of any particular interest in the Orokin.

Based off the Mag codex, it seems like the Tenno  were not common knowledge, even during the Orokin era. I'd expect comparatively few Grineer knew about them, at least until they started killing people.