The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14.5 - It's Here Edition

Letter13

14.5 was slated to have, well, there's a megathread for it. Considering they did virtually nothing last week(gamescom return lag), and purposely avoided incrementing us to 14.3 then, it's quite certain they expect all of the 14.5 goodness to be further away. They'd be skipping two numbers(.3 and .4) that both could've been had by now if they intended 14.5 today.

So I'd say less than 10% chance of it happening.

First of all, people need to stop sticking to the version numbering like glue, DE can put out update 14.76.29 if they wanted to and a skip of .3 is not that big.

They held off with a lot of .X patches recently which is an even bigger indicator of them focusing on 14.5 content in the meantime while just putting out some necessary fixes beforehand. The fact that we're 5-6 weeks into U14 and are only at 14.2 is reason enough to skip a few numbers.

I'm not saying it will be 100% today, but there's definitely a very high chance of it happening today.

Probably two weeks from now. They don't usually skip numbers, and they intentionally incremented us on 14.2 repeatedly.

So I'm expecting 14.3 today, and then progression as normal.

Ya they skip numbers all the time...

Also is it just me or does the Nukor make people explode when they die.

Please keep in mind that we don't actually know if 14.5 is today.

The preview video and the tweet might be an elaborate ruse to troll us.

Like the Grineer systems.

We might only get a countdown today. D:

Basically we shouldn't count our chickens before they hatch. Or potatoes before they grow. Or something.

Almost a week that you're saying that U14.5 will be released today and now do you say that? e.e

Dude I hate you u_U huahauhaua just kidding xD ... or not e.e ... Yeah I'm kidding :)  .... maybe? e.e

Yeah I'm really kidding buddy xD .... But don't be sure about that e.e ... nvm I kidding dude don't worry xD.... well you'll never know e.e   

Edited by DuRockBR

a new tile set yay... sorry but they always seem lacking. if its anything like the other, it will be on 6-12 nodes and only 1-3 will be ones i play to farm so unless i want to play them only to see the ice planet (once). i wont play them.

new mod UI, well thank god. cant stand the one right now so diffidently looking forward to this but some problems have already been addressed in other threads so ill leave them there. 

New weapons, both just look like the synapse. anyone remember that? probably not to much since the nerf on it. 10 base damage lol. Can see them either being only for mastery right away or being actually pretty good for 3 months OR some how OP and then a nerf in 2-3 months. 

Oh almost forgot kurborw, mine died the day before they changed it so it took twice as long (was on vacation) so until i feel like spending ht enext week trying to get an egg, then ill care. 

Even if they added all the unconfirmed stuff im still not hyped. 

DE has burned ever last piece of hype left in me. And from what ive seen of other long time vet players, they to. Now most people still have a t least a little to say "this looks like a good update" i cant. i got suckered into to maybe updates like that and then turned into crap ones. 

No hype, if its a good update, i will see it when it comes out, if not, then by then the U15 hype train will start to try make everyone forget about 14.5

Not a big update so i cant see it breaking the game, maybe 2-3 small bugs for a bit that will annoy us at most.

TLDR meh. hype? none. see if its any good when it comes out. 

bml.gif

Can someone make my other reply go poof?

Edited by FMZerek

All I want for Wednesday is the Freeze Ray. <3

Life has been busy and I've not played much, left the game running and alt-tabbed a lot, but when that Freeze Ray is out I'm clearing my damned schedule to forma the crap out of it and then probably find something to farm with it. :P

a new tile set yay... sorry but they always seem lacking. if its anything like the other, it will be on 6-12 nodes and only 1-3 will be ones i play to farm so unless i want to play them only to see the ice planet (once). i wont play them.

new mod UI, well thank god. cant stand the one right now so diffidently looking forward to this but some problems have already been addressed in other threads so ill leave them there. 

New weapons, both just look like the synapse. anyone remember that? probably not to much since the nerf on it. 10 base damage lol. Can see them either being only for mastery right away or being actually pretty good for 3 months OR some how OP and then a nerf in 2-3 months. 

Oh almost forgot kurborw, mine died the day before they changed it so it took twice as long (was on vacation) so until i feel like spending ht enext week trying to get an egg, then ill care. 

Even if they added all the unconfirmed stuff im still not hyped. 

DE has burned ever last piece of hype left in me. And from what ive seen of other long time vet players, they to. Now most people still have a t least a little to say "this looks like a good update" i cant. i got suckered into to maybe updates like that and then turned into crap ones. 

No hype, if its a good update, i will see it when it comes out, if not, then by then the U15 hype train will start to try make everyone forget about 14.5

Not a big update so i cant see it breaking the game, maybe 2-3 small bugs for a bit that will annoy us at most.

TLDR meh. hype? none. see if its any good when it comes out. 

Is it like a compulsory thing with a lot of veterans to expect the moon on a stick when DE start teasing an update and then blame them when the update only lives up to what they said it would and not also your wildest expectations? Cause honestly I see it so much around here.

Edited by Tiqalicious

So, today is update day!

Things to hope for: The ice stuff(other than the tileset).

Fixes galore!

New improvements to the TA system.

Probably armor(we're about due for another one).

Announcements/teasers about the next prime set(we're about due for another one!)

...and everything being off-expected-schedule by 2 weeks because of gamescom.

Any other theories or insights?

EDIT: OH! And Oberon 2.0! Almost forgot! He's *probably* getting buffed today! Yay Oberon Kenobi, you are our only hope!

Standalone_1175X1290.jpg

ATTENTION PC TENNO!
Incoming Transmission
Tenno,
I do hope you will forgive my concealed identity but dealing in these unsavoury circles demands unusual discretion.
I’m such a big fan of the Tenno, you’ve accomplished so much and with such rudimentary equipment. That’s why I’m concerned about the coming Balor Fomorians. I think we both know your Warframes are simply not sophisticated enough to stop them.
But I can help you... for a price.
You see, I have an appetite for the rare and extraordinary and I’ve recently learned of a fine substance known as Cryotic. If you are willing, I will supply the necessary equipment and coordinates for its extraction. In return, I will enlighten you with what I know about technology that could defeat this Balor threat.
To sweeten the deal I am even willing award bonuses to those of you who exhibit outstanding performance.
I must say, some of you display the inklings of good taste, if our partnership is a success perhaps we will get to know each other better.
Regards,
Your New Associate

10615382_754350954624425_723701556355170

From the FB page.

Edited by Latronico

ATTENTION PC TENNO!
Incoming Transmission
Tenno,
I do hope you will forgive my concealed identity but dealing in these unsavoury circles demands unusual discretion.
I’m such a big fan of the Tenno, you’ve accomplished so much and with such rudimentary equipment. That’s why I’m concerned about the coming Balor Fomorians. I think we both know your Warframes are simply not sophisticated enough to stop them.
You see, I have an appetite for the rare and extraordinary and I’ve recently learned of a fine substance known as Cryotic. If you are willing, I will supply the necessary equipment and coordinates for its extraction. In return, I will enlighten you with what I know about technology that could defeat this Balor threat.
To sweeten the deal I am even willing award bonuses to those of you who exhibit outstanding performance.
I must say, some of you display the inklings of good taste, if our partnership is a success perhaps we will get to know each other better.
Regards,
Your New Associate

From the FB page. 

HYPE INTENSIFIES!

ATTENTION PC TENNO!
Incoming Transmission
Tenno,
Regards,
Your New Associate

From the FB page.

Sounds like we have a Corpus partner...

ATTENTION PC TENNO!
Incoming Transmission
Tenno,
Regards,
Your New Associate

From the FB page.

Derf anyo.

100% Derf anyo.