Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis Or Lanka?

Yazeth

Question

Hey guys, I've been trying to decide which sniper rifle I should get. I'm going for head shots for more dmg.

So, Vectis. It's hit scan and punishes less if you miss since you can quickly recover, especially if you reload right after pulling the trigger. But, the Lanka has a much higher base dmg when charged and can wreck a group of enemies.

What do you guys think? I'm leaning towards the Vectis, but I would also lean back towards the Lanka too due to the high base dmg and punch through. This has been bugging me for a few days already. Please help me make a decision.

8 answers to this question

Hey guys, I've been trying to decide which sniper rifle I should get.

250px-PrimeBowM.png

Because reasons:

Paris Prime

200 damage

45%/2x crit

Lanka

300 damage

25%/2x crit

Paris Prime can reach 112.5% crit hit chance, which means that with a max point strike and vital sense it will ALWAYS do 880 base damage, with a 12.5% chance of doing 1760.  Also remember that crits to the head are multiplied by another factor of 4 and this weapon crits on every shot, which means the Paris Prime does a base damage of 3520 on head shots.

Lanka can reach 62.5% crit chance, which means that with max point strike and vital sense it has a 62.5% chance of doing 1320 base damage and a 37.5% chance of doing...300.  On head shots you have a 2 in 3 chance at 5280 and a 1 in 3 chance at 600.

Lanka crits harder, but it doesn't crit reliably, and its non-crit shots are far weaker than the shots from the bow. To the point that, if you are playing at a level where you actually need these kinds of weapons to kill enemies, then a 1 in 3 chance of doing less than a quarter of your potential damage on body shots or less than 1/8th on a head shot is in pragmatic terms a built in, insurmountable Chance To Miss.  The spread on the damage numbers is just too wide to call it anything else. Either you kill in one hit or you don't. Using the Lanka is literally gambling... with a slow firing weapon which has a charge up time, requires careful aiming, and uses the most precious ammo type.

I've always thought of the Vectis as a good support sniper weapon where you focus on taking out the troublesome enemies while your teammates farm the regulars. 

Lanka used to be great for charging up Nova's AMD to around half a million in one charge shot but that was fixed.  It's base elemental damage does give better control over procs and or focusing on specific damage types giving allowing more direct modding for the type of enemies you'll face instead of being nailed down to a variety of basic stats.

Some will say Lanka, some will say Vectis. There are pros for both.

I'd go with Lanka personally. That massive damage and 5m Punch Through are just too delicious. Plus, it's just awesome.

The main thing, though, is Lanka's charge speed. Having a Speed Trigger is recommended but not necessarily necessary. Vectis, on the other hand, doesn't need it, and that slot can be used for Charged Chamber. However, it does lack any Punch Through, so it might be worth adding Metal Auger (much higher cost but more depth) or Shred (unnecessary firerate). Then again, Snipers are meant for large single targets, so dunno.

Basically, Vectis has speed, and it is hitscan. Lanka has brute strength and Punch Through.

250px-PrimeBowM.png

Because reasons:

Hey guys, I've been trying to decide which sniper rifle I should get.

When was a bow a rifle as well? Also, I already got it. I'm just looking for something different.

Why not both?

I already have both weapons, but I don't have the time to level BOTH of them up and get the forma I need to make max builds.

Hey guys. I finally was able to make my mind up on some thing. I'll be going with the Vectis. The Lanka does have better dmg per shot, and can wreck crowds, but it feels more suited for defensive play, due to it's clunky nature. The Vectis seems to be more of a fast-paced sniper, which definitely suits my playstyle. You can also see the gameplay difference in their scopes, where the Lanka's has a much greater zoom than the Vectis.

Well, thank you all for helping me decide on what to choose. Now only if DE releases Vectis Prime...