The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Character Wont Stop Moving For A Period Of Time...

xkSID

I am 12hours old warframe...

to make it simple, I often move forward "w + shift + ctrl" just to make game faster in the early game.. after a while, when i release the "w" key, my character is still moving forward for a period of time. after I do some experiments, when I press w for about 5 sec, my character will move by itself without me pressing any button for +3 or +4 sec onward. but did not happen with other key - a , s , d or e... The longer i press w button, the longer it took for my char to stop.

I have point out this problem in region chat, one of them said, this is a rare bug on a certain pc. another said i just mash the key too hard.

just to test about that mash thing.

I open wordpad, press w for while, release it, and yes the typing stop... to make it more sure, on needforspeed, move forward for a while, release it, and car started to decelerate..

is there anything I can do to fix this ? Thank you, and sorry, English is not my 1st language.

EDIT : The "w" thing happen in all program, google, word, other game, but only when warframe is running. Closed warframe, everything is fine. So, I do think, my computer is so not compatible maybe ?

System Specs

Operating System : windows 8.1
BIOS : InsydeH2) V1.05
Processor : Intel Core i5-2410M , 2.3GHz,
Memory : 4096 RAM
DirectX : DirectX 11

EDIT 2 : I alone having this problem, and thats why, I assume, no one were interested in this thread lol

When I in game, I cant type any w, until the w-phenomenon stop, what became hat, how became ho.

In addition, I cant press it either in steam ingame shift-tab chat when it is happening , AND, after i return to the game, I cant press w, means, i cant move foward! until the phenomenon stops. - only happen when I use steam ingame chat when the w phenomenon still occurring.

Edited by xkSID

• 2 weeks later...

If m not wrong, thats the auto-sprint function, seldom used, but still practical but you'll need someone else to confirm

I don't think that's the issue though but I would suggest xkSID checks his key bindings to be sure.

The reason I think that this isn't it is because it happens outside of warframe too but only when warframe is running.

I'm more thinking about the processing power of your PC since U14.6 is being a performance pain atm.

What GPU are you actually using? Hope not the embedded Intel hd3000

Laptop or desktop? But I'm guessing a laptop due InsydeH2o bios

What are your ingame settings? Display tab

Any antivirus programs running? If so, which one? Added an .exe exclusion to be sure?

If it's performance it's due the hardware is getting overwelmed and can't folow/process the commands hence the delay.

But this would be weird as well since I've seen worse hardware around xD

EDIT 2 : I alone having this problem, and thats why, I assume, no one were interested in this thread lol

When I in game, I cant type any w, until the w-phenomenon stop, what became hat, how became ho.

In addition, I cant press it either in steam ingame shift-tab chat when it is happening , AND, after i return to the game, I cant press w, means, i cant move foward! until the phenomenon stops. - only happen when I use steam ingame chat when the w phenomenon still occurring.

Hi xkSID,

Have you tried plugging your keyboard into another port on your computer and seeing if the problem continues? Additionally, you may want to try using a different keyboard if you have one to spare. This definitely sounds bizarre and leads me to believe it could possibly be a driver issue. Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard?

Edited by DE_Dmitri

Hi xkSID,

Have you tried plugging your keyboard into another port on your computer and seeing if the problem continues? Additionally, you may want to try using a different keyboard if you have one to spare. This definitely sounds bizarre and leads me to believe it could possibly be a driver issue. Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard?

I have encountered this (outside of the game) when Windows 7 tries to "fix" the drivers. OP should definitely have a look at the device manager whilst plugging in his Keyboard and see what is wrong, in addition if he could try testing with other keyboards.

Older ones can get a little bit dodgy :)

Well to add some fuel to that possible bug... I had that "doesn't stop moving"-thing happen only once a month or two ago... and I also like to spam "Shift+Ctrl+W" a lot. But I don't even know how it happened or why or if it's related to exactly that key-combo. It may have been just extreme lag of the session and the game failing to notice that I released the key. At least I never had it happen again ever since.

And I surely did not change anything on my hardware or drivers (apart display drivers) for about a year now. It may be a very obscure glitch though that happens in very rare occasions.

But apart from that I'd also recommend checking the hardware (by using another keyboard for example) or drivers as well. Sometimes Windows does very odd things with them, especially if hotplugged when particular programs are running.

What I have fairly often though is the "crouch-bug". So my char gets stuck in the crouch animation after doing certain things... and I'm certain I haven't bound the "toggle to crouch" at all so it can't be because of that. I still can't re-produce that thing on purpose but It happens quite a lot when heavily spaming movement combos... at least every 15-20 missions I have it happen once. At least it is easy to cancel that stuff by rolling and jumping a little bit around.

Edited by MeduSalem

Those are just keylogging issues, like you are crouching but when you let go of ctrl something ingame happens that forces your model to crouch and it just bugs in that position, usually pressing the key that seems to be "stuck" once fixes the issue, OP's problem though seems like sluggish CPU like someone mentioned.