Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, I Want Your Official Statement On Survival Alert.

Runtowin

Question

Answer this: How long does a survival alert last? It is definitely not 5 min.

It was changed in U14.0, but no patch notes said anything about this. It caused many confusion among the players.

I asked this to stop future rant thread.

14 answers to this question

I am used to 5 min survival, and when I see nothing pops up at 5 min mark. The first thing I think of is "bug" or "lag", and try to find the extraction.

I tried to taxi a survival alert. It was funny to see they blame me of lagging and rage-quit after 5 min mark. Not that I care.

Nevertheless, if it was changed, I'd love to see official confirmation from DE.

I agree that it should be mentioned in some sort of patch notes, but this is actually news to me as well; I simply haven't had much reason to go on random alerts since I have all the alt helms (except for Triton and the two unreleased through alerts...)

Maybe the mission's beginning should have Lotus tell you that the circumstances are different; in fact, I think it could be a good idea to work under the mindset of Defense alerts, where it counts down instead of up.

I agree that it should be mentioned in some sort of patch notes, but this is actually news to me as well; I simply haven't had much reason to go on random alerts since I have all the alt helms (except for Triton and the two unreleased through alerts...)

Maybe the mission's beginning should have Lotus tell you that the circumstances are different; in fact, I think it could be a good idea to work under the mindset of Defense alerts, where it counts down instead of up.

Like "We need 10 minutes to do such and such". Yeah I would like that nice little tweak. 

So you see, that the usual survival alert will take 10 min and there is no reward for the 5 min mark. That´s the way most survival seem to work nowadays.

The first "new" alert i did(some time ago), i got a little confused and just stayed longer until there was this green sign for extraction poping up, that was what got my attention: No reward at 5 min AND no extraction = Just stay a longer and enjoy the ride.

I´m not sure if there is the need for an offical answer to this, as it seems just fine working with stay in survival as long as there is an extraction sign coming.

maybe they can count down, just like the defence alerts?

starting at 10 minutes survival and if you reach 0:00 you made it?

(No life support towers as well for extra challenge? xD)

So what if people want to stay longer than the absolute minimum? (yes it does happen, rather regularly even)

So what if people want to stay longer than the absolute minimum? (yes it does happen, rather regularly even)

That's fair, but Defense already has the 10 wave limit and I don't see too many people complaining about it. It's an alert, so I don't think it's really a big deal either way.