Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

P.t Vs Five Night's At Freddy's

(PSN)kiddplay13

What's P.T stand for...

Playable Teaser. It's for a Silent Hill game.

I'm not sure why, but P.T didn't do it for me. The realism from the engine did make it pretty horrible, but... I dunno.

The initial gameplay of Five Nights at Freddy's was bad enough. It deals in paranoia, an atmosphere of helplessness, a consequence in the form of a jumpscare... it's a pretty new unique horror game. What really got me, though, was the story. If you haven't, go read about it in detail on the FNaF wiki.

Edited by RavenousPartyLibrarian

Playable Teaser. It's for a Silent Hill game.

Oh that thing. It seemed alright, though not the sort of thing that really bothers me. It was more of a "Man that aint right" feeling than a "I might be needing a new pair of pants" feeling. Most of it was me wondering how much acid the developers were on when they created it honestly.

Haven't played FNAF yet, though I'm pretty indifferent towards it. Point and click games normally terrify me about as much as a mug of tea. Not really scary unless someone puts a spider in it.

It might be atmospheric and have good themes and what not, but the point and click interface usually kills all the mood for me. Though it is nice having a free hand to drink with.

Edit: After reading a bit more about FNAF, I'll give it a shot I guess. 

Edited by DecapitatingJim

I hate those creatures with a passion. There's nothing more disgusting, more vile, more revolting, more useless than a cockroach. Just an absolutely abominable organism. There's nothing in this world that makes me more angry than a cockroach.

+1 for Cr1TiKaL quote

I hate those creatures with a passion. There's nothing more disgusting, more vile, more revolting, more useless than a cockroach. Just an absolutely abominable organism. There's nothing in this world that makes me more angry than a cockroach.

A housefly? Oh, wait. They have their uses.

Five Nights at Freddy's lost me almost immediately. My brain hated the premise too much.

What kind of business has a security office with a limited power supply and huge frickin' blast doors? Your building is on the grid, you pancake.

_

I wasn't super thrilled with P.T. either. I think a lot of it just felt like cliche Japanese horror (to me); the deformed aborted fetus thing was so tired. It's been done to death. Heh, dark joke.

I did hate P.T. less, though.

People theorise that the whole reason they even have a security guard is to use them as bait to keep the anamatronics insude so they dont go wondering off on a killing spree. The limited power and what not is to make sure it is actually possible for the guards to be caught, as the animatronics would just give up the bait if they realised it's impossible.

FN@F surprised me with how much it played on my sense of paranoia.  I've seen enough fan art of the game that the animatronics themselves don't scare me as much as the paranoia I feel when trying to locate them again after they move, or when I realize I haven't checked Pirate's Cove in a while.  The backstory is pretty nasty, too.  And the one time I attempted 4/20 mode, I died in half a minute.

Never played the PT (no PS4), but the commentary-less video playthroughs I watched certainly made it seem creepy.  I assume it would have been more scary if I was the one playing it.

I haven't played P.T. so I can't really say. Though FNAF didn't keep me up at night, there were some points where Freddy has caught me off guard but I digress. One game I do lose sleep over is Papers, Please. I used to work several jobs that were similar to that, (not border patrol but the mechanics of the game are deadly accurate to any sort of dead end job) and it made me come to realize that there is a vicious cycle, especially when it comes to dead end work.

Back to scare tactics, Silent Hill Homecoming spooked me pretty fast and I can't tell you HOW many times I wound up running around in a circle trying to run from those things

Okay back after trying a bit of FNAF, and I have to say I'm really impressed. It's definitely the first point and click game to make me edgy, not scared or anything, but slightly tense. So FNAF gets my vote, and I will admit, I did jump pretty badly when the fox thing first blindsided me. 

Edited by DecapitatingJim