Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Argon Crystals Not Dropping?

WhiteCopain

Question

So I looked around for awhile and found topics on Argon crystals. Many people mentioned void runs being a prime source and to bring a Nekros. I've done T3 Mobile defense a few times and then just got done with my second 35 Minute T1 survival. Not a single Argon.

Are they not dropping or am I missing something?

21 answers to this question

So I looked around for awhile and found topics on Argon crystals. Many people mentioned void runs being a prime source and to bring a Nekros. I've done T3 Mobile defense a few times and then just got done with my second 35 Minute T1 survival. Not a single Argon.

Are they not dropping or am I missing something?

Argon Crystals have a higher drop rate from those destructible boxes then from enemies.Not the ones that blow up but the others. I recommend a Tower 2 or 3 Exterminate to allow you enough time after you kill all the enemies to explore.  

I don't know if this is a glitch, but I've been acquiring a wealth of Argon Crystals from doing Infested Invasions. Some mob is dropping Argon Crystals. Heck, Phorid did today in Ceres. I have had 4 or more in my inventory since U14 dropped on PS4, and I've already made 4 incubator power cores, trying to use them up before their half life.

I don't know if this is a glitch, but I've been acquiring a wealth of Argon Crystals from doing Infested Invasions. Some mob is dropping Argon Crystals. Heck, Phorid did today in Ceres. I have had 4 or more in my inventory since U14 dropped on PS4, and I've already made 4 incubator power cores, trying to use them up before their half life.

Not a glitch.  Phorid drops argon

How common is Phorid though? I thought you only get those in invasions that are in boss missions?

Well, it's on and off. There were 3-4 in the past few days, but now there are none. Should be soon, though, once these invasions spread.

Also, it's looking like they may have made some stealthy changes to Argon drops in the recent updates, so take it with a grain of salt.

Argon Crystals are rarer then neurodes,  Sometimes you get lucky and find alot other times they just don't drop.   Bringing a nekros doesn't always help.   As Desecrate still plays on the rng,  and even if you get to search the dead for more loot its not always what you want.   

Though you can get Crystals from the Invasion missions.  Random drop in them, like with Void missions.

Argon Crystals are rarer then neurodes,  Sometimes you get lucky and find alot other times they just don't drop.   Bringing a nekros doesn't always help.   As Desecrate still plays on the rng,  and even if you get to search the dead for more loot its not always what you want.   

Though you can get Crystals from the Invasion missions.  Random drop in them, like with Void missions.

ikr

Well, it's on and off. There were 3-4 in the past few days, but now there are none. Should be soon, though, once these invasions spread.

Also, it's looking like they may have made some stealthy changes to Argon drops in the recent updates, so take it with a grain of salt.

Thanks! Will keep that in mind. :) Actually managed to get 2 last night in a Void moble defence T1. Also a couple more from normal invasion funny enough?

Phorid is definitely the way to go.  Even if he only shows up every couple or 4 days, you get one crystal 95% of the time you kill him.  With a good anti-infested build you can kill him 10 times or so, build/research what you need and still probably have a few left to build what you research.