Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Ui: Don't Fix What Isn't Broken

Bibibabibu

Why is every update progressively focusing on making things pretty at the cost of functionality?

The new mod interface is terrible to navigate! It was much easier to quickly browse through or mod loadouts with the old UI. With this new crammed and awkward UI I hate remodding, because I have to squint and slowly scroll through all my mods. Can't imagine how much worse newer players are having it, since they actually have to mouseover every mod to read the description, since we can no longer see the mod details at a glance.

At this rate, I fear for U15 changes.

+1

You can no longer pick the mods by how they look, you can't scroll through and see "Oh, the blue-ish one with Nekros and Crewman, I am always installing it". You need to scroll through the whole thing, read each name, remember each name... I kinda wish we at least had a function like "expand all", which makes the mods be in one row (instead of two) and all of them (included the installed ones) be fully expanded.

I don't like the collapsing idea, not at all.

Well that's like your opinion, man.

Personally I love the new ui. After getting used to the new placements of the card info I found it to be much faster than the old one.

Faster how? With everything minimized, new players who don't know what each and every mod is will have to slowly scroll through and read every mod description.

The side to side scrolling is really driving me up the wall, and I can't even transmute without hovering over every single mod I have so I don't accidentally transmute a maxed mod. It's very frustrating, and I probably won't get accustomed to it like I did the old one.

I modded pretty much by visual of the card, now I have to squint and press my face nearly into my screen to see the information on the darned mods. I can barely tell what is leveled up and which is not. Then the whole slide scroll thing..ick.

All in all I like the old UI 1000x better than this one. Usually when a dev 'cleans up' their UI and tweaks it...they usually take LESS 'clicks' out of the equaltion but DE instead adds more and more.

Edited by fizbit

Well that's like your opinion, man.

Personally I love the new ui. After getting used to the new placements of the card info I found it to be much faster than the old one.

Edited by Pansoy

Faster how? With everything minimized, new players who don't know what each and every mod is will have to slowly scroll through and read every mod description.

New players would be doing that regardless of the ui. Plus this way they are more likely to know the names of them.

Too many times have I tried to sell or give mods to people and they realized it wasn't the mod they were looking for because they didn't know the exact name.

The side to side scrolling is really driving me up the wall, and I can't even transmute without hovering over every single mod I have so I don't accidentally transmute a maxed mod. It's very frustrating, and I probably won't get accustomed to it like I did the old one.

The lights on the bottom of the card shows its rank and it shows in both the expanded and collapsed view.

Why is every update progressively focusing on making things pretty at the cost of functionality?

The new mod interface is terrible to navigate! It was much easier to quickly browse through or mod loadouts with the old UI. With this new crammed and awkward UI I hate remodding, because I have to squint and slowly scroll through all my mods. Can't imagine how much worse newer players are having it, since they actually have to mouseover every mod to read the description, since we can no longer see the mod details at a glance.

At this rate, I fear for U15 changes.

Biggest issue is that their attempt at making things pretty aren't.

I have some real artistic disagreement with the artist that thinks most of the new UI looks good, and as for the functionality it should NEVER be sacrificed.  They are UGLY and function poorly.

I just patched and got into the game and realized I have hardly played since update 14, and play time has been going down, and part of the reason actually is a lot of the new UI.

I had been kind of forming a huge UI feedback post in my head but basically quit playing and quit coming to the forums before tried to post it.

But frankly it is not driving me away it already HAS.  Now looking at the mod screen... it is even worse than it was before.  I really don't want to even try and trade mods now. 

+1

You can no longer pick the mods by how they look, you can't scroll through and see "Oh, the blue-ish one with Nekros and Crewman, I am always installing it". You need to scroll through the whole thing, read each name, remember each name... I kinda wish we at least had a function like "expand all", which makes the mods be in one row (instead of two) and all of them (included the installed ones) be fully expanded.

Yep, I was used identifying mods by how they look, it was quicker than reading the title and description. The only problem I have is adapting to changes that is too frequent for the mod UI. I still have trouble finding mods in the last one specially warframe mods because they are grouped into one, I had to remember the names of each mods to be able to find it quickly or else it would be a long day in arsenal. And to make matter worse, now I have to squint my eyes just to read the labels in the new UI, looks went out of the window. 

If I I remember correctly, this UI and the last one was for our Tenno brothers in PS4. Hey it's great if it can actually help you guys with the controls, but it sure would help us if DE made a better filtering in mod UI (need confirmation on this, is the filter better now? Didn't have the time to try the new mod UI in-depth last night and I'm currently away from my PC).

New players are gonna do that anyways, and likely don't have very many mods to begin with.

I really like it, I like how I don't have to leave my weapon to only open it back up to fuse things. And I like that I can quickly hover over the mods I need to read them. And I don't think you could see stat changes until you added the mod.

I think people don't like change, and when change happens they don't want to adapt out of fear.

Sure it's not user friendly, but if I recall 15 years ago, games weren't even gamer friendly. No instructions, nothing. Just play the  game and learn.

I guess learning is too hard nowadays.

Edited by Slyty98

I really like it, I like how I don't have to leave my weapon to only open it back up to fuse things. And I like that I can quickly hover over the mods I need to read them. And I don't think you could see stat changes until you added the mod.

I think people don't like change, and when change happens they don't want to adapt out of fear.

Sure it's not user friendly, but if I recall 15 years ago, games weren't even gamer friendly. No instructions, nothing. Just play the  game and learn.

15 years ago was EverQuest! Those were the days...

So wanting a UI to actually display information in an efficient manner rather than wasting your time with unnecessary mouse overs and clicks = "learning is hard"?

Old games having S#&$ty UI's before good methods of displaying information and examples to work from were developed is not an excuse. 

if they had taken the new mod cards, and then put them into the slightly new mod UI, everything would have been fine

but what we have now is just godawful

the dynamic, color coded numbers are great, but the cluttered look and everything just makes this system really unappealing in every way

+1

It's day one of something you're not used to. Once you get a bit more used to the names and the areas each mod is in and sorting them, it actually has a lot more info and functionality. You're just used to looking at hte pictures.