Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glaxion Is Great With One Flaw

Etsoree

Ammo consumption. Even with an Ammo Mutation on the thing, it still rapidly, rapidly depletes ammo before you can get a lot back, next to nothing whatsoever.

Either decrease the firing rate and increase the damage, or give it like three times as much ammo as it has now, including doubling the clip size.

Otherwise, I think it's great.

Have you tired it with Critical Delay? I haven't gotten the weapon yet but hearing this disturbs me. If anything that mod can in theory help, but like putting it on the Amphrex, I imagine it won't do anything. I also can't imagine adding crit to it will help just to try and justify a slower fire rate. All in all I love the continuous fire weapons in this game, it is something other games just don't do, but when they make one that deplete ammo as fast as the Amphrex and so on, it kills the vibe that those weapons can create.

Have you tired it with Critical Delay? I haven't gotten the weapon yet but hearing this disturbs me. If anything that mod can in theory help, but like putting it on the Amphrex, I imagine it won't do anything. I also can't imagine adding crit to it will help just to try and justify a slower fire rate. All in all I love the continuous fire weapons in this game, it is something other games just don't do, but when they make one that deplete ammo as fast as the Amphrex and so on, it kills the vibe that those weapons can create.

Critical delay has such a huge impact on the DPS that it would be better to use a Braton for higher DPS. Braton also has unlimited range vs Glaxion's limited range.

Edited by PeanutMonster

The damage output with this thing is horrible but I like it for aesthetics and the status chance. Critical Delay would worsen it so.

Critical delay has such a huge impact on the DPS that it would be better to use a Braton for higher DPS. Braton also has unlimited range vs Glaxion's limited range.

Its perfect for the amprex at least

On topic

It seems to be more of a bursty sometimes weapon rather than an all the time thing

Id say switch to another weapon type to use as a support

It needs to pick up more ammo. Like 100 ammo per pickup wouldn't even be too much.

150 or 100 ammo per pickup. Problem solved,

That is too much. Using Rifle Scavenger you would be able to restore 250-375 ammo. You need 20 ammo pickups to fill 540 ammo. 1500/27 is about 55, so the pickups should restore about 50-60 ammo each.

The point is that Critical Delay's crit boost has essentially zero impact on the Glax, while it allows the Aprex to get up from 25% red crits to 48% ret crits. Wasting a mod slot just to make the glax fire slower is a poor fix; you'll still need ammo mute which leaves you with only 6 slots to make up for the low base damage, and the weapon still has horrible ammo effeciency, only now the base DPS is on par with the Braton (and the Braton can still use all 8 mod slots for damage).

Quicky comparison:

http://goo.gl/g5M1OR

http://goo.gl/kUv9uN

Braton has about twice the burst DPS, half again the sustained DPS, with half the ammo/second, and it had room to slap a punchthrough mod on for better CC. 29% status per shot is more or less two procs per second (11 bullets per second), while the glax has a 75% chance of procing per second. The Braton has better accuracy to boot.

If instead of Critical Delay you use HC (http://goo.gl/BPlUPy) the glax actually beats the braton, but then you're back to 40 ammo/sec, which even mute+scavenger+nekros is going to have a hard time keeping up with.

The fact that we're comparing a research weapon to a credit buyable weapon should say something, let alone that the Braton appears to be winning.

Edited by 00zau

the Glaxion should be a slow firing high damage per second freeze ray, not a single blue tentacle beam of ice that burns all its' ammo on one enemy past level 40 even w/ good mods, and for the love of all things warframe give it a D polarity! -_-, since the intention of the thing is to spray it in a group and keepem slowed down for the rest of the squad why not? ._.

The point is that Critical Delay's crit boost has essentially zero impact on the Glax, while it allows the Aprex to get up from 25% red crits to 48% ret crits. Wasting a mod slot just to make the glax fire slower is a poor fix; you'll still need ammo mute which leaves you with only 6 slots to make up for the low base damage, and the weapon still has horrible ammo effeciency, only now the base DPS is on par with the Braton (and the Braton can still use all 8 mod slots for damage).

Quicky comparison:

http://goo.gl/g5M1OR

http://goo.gl/kUv9uN

Braton has about twice the burst DPS, half again the sustained DPS, with half the ammo/second, and it had room to slap a punchthrough mod on for better CC. 29% status per shot is more or less two procs per second (11 bullets per second), while the glax has a 75% chance of procing per second. The Braton has better accuracy to boot.

If instead of Critical Delay you use HC (http://goo.gl/BPlUPy) the glax actually beats the braton, but then you're back to 40 ammo/sec, which even mute+scavenger+nekros is going to have a hard time keeping up with.

The fact that we're comparing a research weapon to a credit buyable weapon should say something, let alone that the Braton appears to be winning.

I know this

Thats why i mentioned it

Do you have a point?

At least youre focusing on the second part of my post rather than the amprex

Anyways

You shouldnt underestimate proc chance

That makes a world of difference in combat

which sadly the glaxion isn't blessed with. the only guaranteed proc is cold wich isn't going to help you against anything except low level infested 

You could do Viral electric for stun/utility

Or corrosive cold for grineer

Theres also Magnetic or Magneti Gas for corpus

increase damage and greatly reduce the ammo consumption,Greatly,also make it crack enemies which are already frozen,

and why in the world would a beam have a limited range,not saying this weapon was easy to make but you could put some thought into how is this cool concept is actually going to work on high level enemies

You could do Viral electric for stun/utility

Or corrosive cold for grineer

Theres also Magnetic or Magneti Gas for corpus

i meant that it has low proc chance 15%chanche each second is absymal, it traslates to 0.375% per ammo consumed, this definitely isn't a status weapon

i meant that it has low proc chance 15%chanche each second is absymal, it traslates to 0.375% per ammo consumed, this definitely isn't a status weapon

Thats more of an issue of how continuous weapons work

They should proc based on ammo used just like any other weapon

Though to save it i have to say it is pure ele so it will proc more often than physical guns at the least