Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaxion Change.

DarkLordX2

I won't ask for a DPS buff, just a small change.

Increase the damage to 12.6 and decrease the Firerate to 20.

Or at least give it some more damage 6.3 is...weak. Many people were so hypedbecause this gun, but i am very disappointed when looking at the damage.

Edited by DarkLordX2

Why not give it something more unique and fitting for a freeze ray instead (i.e.: Unique mechanics [say freezing parts of an enemy's body?]). 

It already does, slowing the enemies down while doing so. And when the enemies die, they turn completely into ice and then explode or melt.

It already does, slowing the enemies down while doing so. And when the enemies die, they turn completely into ice and then explode or melt.

I mean actually freezing parts of their bodies (say the leg, or left arm) to disable the enemy in some way or form, not when they die or such. 

Or at least give it some more damage 6.3 is...weak. Many people were so hypedbecause this gun, but i am very disappointed when looking at the damage.

if you haven't, i'd use the Gun before we start being concerned about the stats. i haven't use it yet, so i reserve my judgement until i actually know how it works from holding it in my own hands.

Edited by taiiat

if you haven't, i'd use the Gun before we start being concerned about the stats. i haven't use it yet, so i reserve my judgement until i actually know how it works from holding it in my own hands.

Flux Rifle 2.0, and I literally used to use the Flux Rifle with cold on it in damage 1.0 as a freeze ray.

First impression is better DPS but I haven't run the numbers.

The problem isn't the low damage. It's firing rate is crazy and the low damage adds up real fast. The problem is it's a huge 300rnd mag and 1200round ammo pool that drains lightning fast. You can't sustain it, there's just no way. I tried leveling it with Rifle Scavenger and Rifle Ammo Mutation and I ended up taking ammo mutation off because I still had to put it on my back and use my pistol, during which time ammo mutation doesn't help it.

Then the #1 thing you want on it is punch through... so you either use Shred and drain ammo even faster, or you use Metal Auger and get 0 damage for that slot.

You don't lose damage because it's a crappy gun, you lose damage because it's not viable as a primary unless you give up a bunch of mods.

Edited by VKhaun

Well.. it's a critless synapse with triple the clip size.

And the synapse is rather crap without modding it for the crit, and is already eating ammo like a monster.

I don't think even rifle ammo mutation will keep it usable for an entire mission as it is, a fire rate increase would not exactly help.

The problem isn't the low damage. It's firing rate is crazy and the low damage adds up real fast. The problem is it's a huge 300rnd mag and 1200round ammo pool that drains lightning fast. You can't sustain it, there's just no way. I tried leveling it with Rifle Scavenger and Rifle Ammo Mutation and I ended up taking ammo mutation off because I still had to put it on my back and use my pistol, during which time ammo mutation doesn't help it.

you lose damage because it's not viable as a primary unless you give up a bunch of mods.

that's what it sounds like... that it's Ammunition Efficiency is non-existent and that there's no way whatsoever to feed a Weapon that eats that much Ammo.

so basically Twin Vipers that does less Damage per Shot :/

but hey, atleast you get 360 more Ammo with Ammo Drum, that'll help, right? one more Magazine.

so i guess it may need to be tweaked, Ammunition Efficiency that low seems a little farfetched for practicality.

(definitely shouldn't follow in Quanta's footsteps though, that thing is WAYYYY too Ammunition Efficient).

but it looks like a ray. It's more like a laser ray than air or nitrogen flow. That's how it would be what you need

it looking like a Ray or a Laser, is exactly correct.

it's described as a Cooling Laser, which means it's actually based on science. Mr. Freeze on the other hand, is the definition of "haha i shoot ice cubes out of my flamethrower and they get cold huehue".

i'm extremely glad that Glaxion is actually based on Science. i had been worried it would just be an Ice Ignis - which would have been bland and just wrong.

to 6 thumbs up from me.

that's what it sounds like... that it's Ammunition Efficiency is non-existent and that there's no way whatsoever to feed a Weapon that eats that much Ammo.

so basically Twin Vipers that does less Damage per Shot :/

Yeah. Which I don't mind, because even with trigger discipline I find it hard to use Twin Vipers w/Gunslinger+Lethal Torrent for anything but shooting one guy. With Shred, Heavy Calibur and Speed trigger I think I could still use the freeze ray to headshot a lot of guys one after another as I went down down a hallway because of that big 300rnd mag. It just falls into the same niche of having to be a swap gun with something else as your main source of deadness distribution.

Have to forma it six or seven times (because I <3 it regardless) and see how it does at the high end.

My goal is to put V V V V on it before Monday. It only needs one 7pt mod to make it Viral or Magnetic and I have no need for fast hands or anything like that, so I'm not going to jump right into the ~ polarities like usual.

As much as I like talking about using gameplay and utility mods to create DPS... I think this one is going to be a very straightforward DPS build for me... The base ergonomics are fine and I'm not going to go nutts trying to force a square peg through a round hole to make it more sustainable.

/blog

Edited by VKhaun