Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Firearms?

Seele

The last few firearms released have been Latron Wraith (an event-only reskin and buff), AkZani (literally just a worse Dex Furis), and Pyrana (sadly outclassed by the other scatter pistols).

We have no shortage of 100-accuracy-recoilless-lasers and melee weapons with unique stances now. When are we getting a new shotgun? A rifle with recoil besides Grakata, or one without the oddly specific accuracy rating of 28.6? Or the long-desired 'endgame Lato'? A select fire rifle so all the usage of the term 'assault rifle' can have at least one accurate application?

I really think it criminal that there's a whole mod set devoted to shotguns when there are ten of them total, and of those ten, 5 are reskins, one is unavailable, and only two are considered viable for high level content.

I'm a shooter player. Lasers and melee just don't engage me like firearms do.

Coming back from a pretty extensive break, and seeing what's been done in my absence is admittedly pretty disappointing. Speaking solely in terms of weaponry, this is the weapons feedback forum after all.

I like the other stuff. ♥

Guess Grinlok and Grakata are still my go-to guys for now. Here's hoping U15 brings some fun new guns for Christmas.

Edited by Seele

The last few firearms released have been Latron Wraith (an event-only reskin and buff not substantial enough to surpass Latron Prime), AkZani (literally just a worse Dex Furis), and Pyrana (sadly outclassed by the other scatter pistols).

We have no shortage of 100-accuracy-recoilless-lasers and melee weapons with unique stances now. When are we getting a new shotgun? A rifle with recoil besides Grakata, or one without the oddly specific accuracy rating of 28.6? Or the long-desired 'endgame Lato'? A select fire rifle so all the usage of the term 'assault rifle' can have at least one accurate application?

I really think it criminal that there's a whole mod set devoted to shotguns when there are ten of them total, and of those ten, 5 are reskins, one is unavailable, and only two are considered viable for high level content.

I'm a shooter player. Lasers and melee just don't engage me like firearms do.

Coming back from a pretty extensive break, and seeing what's been done in my absence is admittedly pretty disappointing. Speaking solely in terms of weaponry, this is the weapons feedback forum after all.

I like the other stuff. ♥

Guess Grinlok and Grakata are still my go-to guys for now. Here's hoping U15 brings some fun new guns for Christmas.

A. When shotguns are fixed

B. Other players might not be. I can make the same argument, what's so engaging about having the same ballistic weapons with different number and statistical tweaks and new skins? 

Honestly though, the trend has been Tenno and Corpus Energy weapons, and I don't see us departing from this road anytime soon. This is a science fiction shooter after all, what's so fun about having bullet weapons, which are present in practically all historical, modern, and futuristic shooters? 

I guess this is my wordy way of saying, as cool as having more viable bullet weapons would be, I doubt in the near future we will get any.

AkZani are amazing I dont know what you are talking about.

They do not play any differently than the myriad dual machine pistol weapons and have no advantage whatsoever over Dex Furis. Nothing at all.

I like their design, but they're strictly outclassed.

Still don't get why peeps hate on Pyrana, it's a decent crit gun that is fast and powerful enough.  Sure Brakk might be better but design wise Pyrana is a beauty compared to the pew-poo gun design of Brakk(no offense) Now if only Tigris and Sybaris shared trigger function I'd be happy.  having both being able to choose burst or Duplex-Auto.  that and Miter's blades actually having a large enough hit box.

Pyrana is actually better than the rest against Infested. Maybe not better than the Brakk, but which scatter pistol is?

About the Grakata, there´s a thread someone made about SMGs (Grakata is an SMG) and it would be nice to get more primary SMGs. Hopefully they will listen to that.

And about shotguns, i would wait for their rework before talking about it. People were also suggesting ot add some pump action shotguns that are reloaded shell by shell.

AkZani are amazing I dont know what you are talking about.

They might be good, but Dex Furis are literally better in every way.

An event-only reskin and buff not substantial enough to surpass Latron Prime

Please don´t make me laugh like this!

Edited by Nachino

Still don't get why peeps hate on Pyrana, it's a decent crit gun that is fast and powerful enough.  Sure Brakk might be better but design wise Pyrana is a beauty compared to the pew-poo gun design of Brakk(no offense) Now if only Tigris and Sybaris shared trigger function I'd be happy.  having both being able to choose burst or Duplex-Auto.  that and Miter's blades actually having a large enough hit box.

No hate. I love Pyrana, but it lacks the oomph you come to expect from a shotgun pistol after the precedents set by Detron and Brakk.

I feel bad for it more than anything. Good design and good performance far too rarely coincide.

B. Other players might not be. I can make the same argument, what's so engaging about having the same ballistic weapons with different number and statistical tweaks and new skins? 

I'm not bashing on you, it's not for everybody, but Borderlands 1. I can't real- well. Hmm. Maybe I can. There's something cool about finding veeeeeery minor upgrades in weaponry in that game. Trying to find that perfect mix of parts/stats to have that gun you consider perfect. Say, in BL1 I have this mat3 Hyperion sniper. Just by going off parts, it's perfect except for scope and magazine, if I recall. Now, I'm totally happy with the scope I have, so the version's scope I have is perfect for me. And 2 extra shots in the mag? Sure, I'll take it. I guess it's a min/max thing. The hunt for your holy grail.

Latron Wraith on average with maximized builds has 5k more burst DPS and 1k more sustained DPS (sustained is the biggest factor) over Latron Prime. It isn't weak at all.

If using a HC + shred build and using it as a close range weapon, it's burst DPS actually rivals a Boltor Prime, except you pack all that damage into 15 bullets instead of 60. However it loses in sustained DPS due to the sheer mag size of the Boltor Prime.

Latron Wraith (with shred)

http://goo.gl/I5PCDQ

Boltor Prime (with shred + speed trigger mods)

http://goo.gl/la86bg

Edited by fatpig84

Now if only Tigris and Sybaris shared trigger function I'd be happy.  having both being able to choose burst or Duplex-Auto.  that and Miter's blades actually having a large enough hit box.

Don't you tamper with my Sybaris. The Duplex-action is a gimmick and is worse in every way than an automatic or a semi-auto trigger. You're holding the trigger trying to pan it onto a second target like a doofus, which is just not ergonomic. Sprinting+holding a key is equally a pain. You don't want to have to hold a button every time? Then you have to hit "R" every time. It's just an unnecessary middle step.

Simple fix for the Tigris:

You want two shots? Double-tap.

Want one? Single tap.

Basically the same thing, but with simpler inputs.

Edited by PlayGooYa

They do not play any differently than the myriad dual machine pistol weapons and have no advantage whatsoever over Dex Furis. Nothing at all.

I like their design, but they're strictly outclassed.

I wish they would have been base Slash damage... because we have this as current offerings:

Dex Furis: Puncture

Twin Vipers: Impact

AkStilleto: Impact

Twin Gremlins: Evenly Balanced

The AkZani really do feel like a copy of the Dex Furis, but not as good. I was really hoping they'd be dual SMGs with primary Slash damage to round things out.