Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost : Ice King Rework (More Cc Pwease) + Alternate Abilities

DeadScream

(Alternate abilities are not meant to replace the current ones, but to be used if the players want to use them instead of the others. It offers more customization opportunities)

Freeze :

Direct contact : freezes the target for 3/4/5/6 sec and deals 200/300/400/500 cold damage.

8m AoE : slows enemies down for the same duration and deals 100/150/200/250 cold damage. 

Alternate ability to Freeze : "Point Zero"

Instantly freezes a single target : no projectile and no AoE. 

Duration : 4/6/8/10 sec

Damage : 300/400/500/700 cold damage.

(duration affected by power duration mods ; some enemies may resist the freeze and would only be slowed down)

The ice of frozen enemies can only be removed by heat or blast damage before the end of the duration of Freeze and Point Zero.

edit : Like Liacu said, frozen enemies could also take increased increased damage from other sources.

Ice wave

Deals 300/450/550/700 cold + puncture damage with 100% status chance. 

When the ice wave hits a hard surface, it blasts in a 12m AoE (affected by power range mods) and knocks down any enemy in range and deals them the same damage than the wave.

Suggestion by Liacu : Add a bleeding effect to ice wave (maybe instead of puncture ?)

Alternate ability to Ice wave : "Cold Zone" 

Creates cold zones similar to the Void's ones. They deal no damage but enemy shields get halved, and all enemies who walk on the cold zone are critically slowed down. 

Duration : 5/7/9/12 sec (affected by power duration mods)

Lenght : 5/7/9/12m 

Width : 2/3/4/5m (all affected by power range mods)

Slow down : enemies move and attack at 1/2 of their initial speed (affected by power strenght mods)

Can stack up to 1/2/3/4 cold zones depending on mod level.

Snow Globe

When the Globe reaches zero HP (so only if enemy destroys it), it blasts and knocks back any enemy in an additional 5m radius around the globe (not affected by power range mods), and freezes enemies inside it for 2 sec (not modifiable neither).

Alternate ability to Snow Globe : "Mobile Globe"

This version of SG follows the caster but suffers from several drawbacks :

Instead of stopping bullets (etc), it only weakens them, resulting in a reduced damage input but no absolute protection such as the original version.

Projectiles are slowed down when they enter the globe, resulting in a loss of destructive power and opportunities to doge dodge them.

The mobile globe is 1/3 smaller than the Snow Globe but still slows down enemies inside it.

No HP limit.

Avalanche

Avalanche now knocks down affected enemies and leaves them slowed down for 5 sec after the attack.

Alternate ability to Avalanche : "Ice throne" (toggle ability)

Frost stops moving and gets surrounded by ice spikes that slowly form around him. During this state, Frost takes no damage and creates a "Cold Zone" area on a 10/12/16/18m radius.

This state drains 5 energy per second, but every second more ice will be formed around Frost, resulting in a more or less powerful final blast.

Frost needs 25 energy points to activate the final blast of the ability (meaning he will only return to normal state without hitting enemies if he goes below 25). 

The ice blast knocks enemies back and deals cold+puncture damage with 100% status chance.

Base damage : 500/700/1000/1200  (+200/sec) - all affected by power strenght mods

Base knock-back : 1m (+0.5/sec) - affected by power strenght mods

Community input

Have cold zone be an following AoE sphere that follows Frost after casting Avalanche.

Make ice wave knock back enemies (if it doesn't already) and make it so you can slightly alter it's direction.

Mobile globe is now default ability. Make a stationary globe by crouching and pressing 3.

If freeze hits map geometry, it makes ice spikes that deal puncture damage if enemy walks over them. Add a tripping chance and have the enemy faceplant into ice spikes of doom.

If freeze hits an enemy he also gets ice spikes on the ground around him, also additional puncture damage. You basically leave the frozen enemy to take continuous puncture damage without any means of moving.

Edited by DeadScream

If I may make a suggestion, Freeze should cause the frozen target to take double damage (affect by power strength) to boost Frost's single target capabilities. (Frames don't necessarily have to have only 1 role) Also maybe give Ice Wave a strong bleeding effect (like Bladestorm) to make it scale better without being able to kill enemies too quickly.

Otherwise, I think these are mostly nice changes.

If I may make a suggestion, Freeze should cause the frozen target to take double damage (affect by power strength) to boost Frost's single target capabilities. (Frames don't necessarily have to have only 1 role) Also maybe give Ice Wave a strong bleeding effect (like Bladestorm) to make it scale better without being able to kill enemies too quickly.

Otherwise, I think these are mostly nice changes.

I put punture instead of slash on Ice Wave in order to make it bit of a defensive ability. I think reducing enemy strenght fits more to Frost than making them bleed (however no frame already simply weakens the enemy, and I think it fits perfectly with the ice theme ^^)

I like your idea though, the blood on the white snow is a strong picture :3

+1 for the one target capability, I'm adding this to freeze and Point Zero.

point zero, cold zone, and maybe ice throne.......AWESOME! but I'd rather keep snow globe and avalanche 

Haha, they are here just for the suggestion ^^ 

thx for feedback !

I put punture instead of slash on Ice Wave in order to make it bit of a defensive ability. I think reducing enemy strenght fits more to Frost than making them bleed (however no frame already simply weakens the enemy, and I think it fits perfectly with the ice theme ^^)

I like your idea though, the blood on the white snow is a strong picture :3

+1 for the one target capability, I'm adding this to freeze and Point Zero.

Haha, they are here just for the suggestion ^^ 

thx for feedback !

Frost would already have amazing defensive capabilities with just Freeze and Snowglobe alone. It seems clear that Ice Wave and Avalanche are supposed to be offensive powers. Actually, I don't think it'd be overdoing it by just having both Bleed and Puncture on Ice Wave at the same.

P.S Oberon got Puncture on his Smite =V

Edited by Liacu

This is what Frost needs to be. If there is any frame that could easily require all 4 abilities because of sheer usefulness it is Frost.

Your freeze suggestion with the 8m AoE. Perfect that is exactly what Freeze needs.

Ice Wave/Cold Zone. If the theme of offense is supposed to fit Ice Wave then I agree with your suggestion (short of the puncture procs) If it is supposed to be defensive, Cold Zone all the way. (could tenno sliding on the cold zone get a slide boost?)

Snow globe. I like the freeze enemies inside when it dissipates option very useful, I think  that the knockback is a bit much. Undecided on a mobile version.

I think Cold Throne is a bit excessive with all of the things it does, but the concept is good. I also like the slowdown you suggested for Avalanche. All of these ideas are great, the will turn Frost into a mage that doesn't yell "You shall not pass!" he instead yells "You shall never arrive!"

My own thoughts on an ult are in the spoilers below.

I'd like to see Avalanche changed  to Blizzard and after the initial damage there is a mobile slowdown AoE that follows Frost

Edited by Nox-Lamina

All what you writed will be better than it is now.
All what have Frost right now is Crap, Snow globe is only good for low leveled-medium enemeis not that bad but it needs buff. Ice wave too short time slowing.
Frost need insane rework, so this sugestion is perfect!
If Frost will be not changed now then he will never be, even Prime version need better looking.

Frost is my favourite frame but he is too weak to use him. So I didn't played him for aroung 3 months

I have another sugestion to one skill. If all skills slowing down enemies so first skill could be a Freeze zone. Freezing all enemies around which are slowed down by Ice AoE skill 8-10 meters radius. Slowing down from distance and then he need to get to fight closer to freeze near enemies.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Frost is a tank-mage he need to have better Ice control skills.

It could be awesome to see Full Ice Armor and Dual Ice Scindo in his hands that freeze or slow down all hited enemies.
Crushing enemies to the pieces.

Ice wave should launch enemies into the air because it comes from the ground. +it shoudl stay on the map for several seconds and abble to be shot, hurting near enemies because of razor ice elements.

Edited by SignOfTheTaurus

P.S Oberon got Puncture on his Smite =V

Oh I didn't know that ! 

Well I'm adding your bleeding suggestion but even though it makes sense, I'm not sure if it's necessary ^^ 

Thanks all for your replies, hope DE reads the posts out there and decide how they will rework Frost :)

Have cold zone be an following AoE sphere that follows Frost after casting Avalanche.

Make ice wave knock back enemies (if it doesn't already) and make it so you can slightly alter it's direction.

Mobile globe is now default ability. Make a stationary globe by crouching and pressing 3.

If freeze hits map geometry, it makes ice spikes that deal puncture damage if enemy walks over them. Add a tripping chance and have the enemy faceplant into ice spikes of doom.

If freeze hits an enemy he also gets ice spikes on the ground around him, also additional puncture damage. You basically leave the frozen enemy to take continuous puncture damage without any means of moving.

I think a lot of these suggestions would make Frost a much more interesting frame to play. I can't remember the last time I saw anyone using him outside of a defence mission, heck it's the only time I ever think of using him. Particularly like the mobile snow globe and Ice Throne ideas.

All what have Frost right now is Crap, Snow globe is only good for low leveled-medium enemeis not that bad but it needs buff. Ice wave too short time slowing.

If Frost will be not changed now then he will never be, even Prime version need better looking.

Frost is my favourite frame but he is too weak to use him. So I didn't played him for aroung 3 months

I have another sugestion to one skill. If all skills slowing down enemies so first skill could be a Freeze zone. Freezing all enemies around which are slowed down by Ice AoE skill 8-10 meters radius. Slowing down from distance and then he need to get to fight closer to freeze near enemies.

Actually, Snowglobe's 4-second invulnerable state is incredibly useful on higher levels. In fact, it's the only thing keeping a stray bullet from killing the pod in one hit.

-

I like Ice Wave's utility changes, in particular. Avalanche should freeze enemies solid for 5 seconds like it used to, since Ice Wave already has the knockdown. Or it could just be replaced entirely by the Throne, which fits with his tank theme. Visually, I'm imagining the ice waves to look something like this:

or

Seen at around 55 seconds. F*ck this move, by the way.

Basically, a wave of ice towers rising up and outward from Frost.

On another note, Path of Exile also has Ice Wave:

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Actually, Snowglobe's 4-second invulnerable state is incredibly useful on higher levels. In fact, it's the only thing keeping a stray bullet from killing the pod in one hit.

-

I like Ice Wave's utility changes, in particular. Avalanche should freeze enemies solid for 5 seconds like it used to, since Ice Wave already has the knockdown. Or it could just be replaced entirely by the Throne.

I don't want to be the one to pretend to replace entirely an ability lol 

And the throne is kind of a variant of Nyx's absorb with no damage amp. Not really original ^^' 

Keep the discussion going men, I like what I read here :3

adding this to the OP in a "community input" section :p

frost prime is far away from weak or needed to look change, he's bada$$ as he is, I just like to know who's idea is to have a fan in one of his helmets O_O

when I played my frost prime in the newest event, I remembered why I liked him in the first place, he can take a beating and still look freaking awesome and powerful

frost prime is far away from weak or needed to look change, he's bada$$ as he is, I just like to know who's idea is to have a fan in one of his helmets O_O

when I played my frost prime in the newest event, I remembered why I liked him in the first place, he can take a beating and still look freaking awesome and powerful

agreed. 

This suggestion is not because he is "weak", but to make him better. 

In my opinion he's far from being the first frame to need a rework.