Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thought About Kubrow Dna Stabilizers - Making Sense Of Them

Letter13

I had thought about the cloning idea, but our kubrows aren't quite clones... We obtain the eggs from Kubrow nests on Earth, so technically all kubrows we hatch aren't clones (they may be genetically modified though). This is assuming the kubrow egg we fetch is already fertilized.

Another possibility is that they're born with some sort of defect, possibly something along the lines of advanced aging (2 days from a puppy to full grown? That's pretty fast).

As for the Grineer, we know that their DNA has degraded after thousands of years of cloning, but we don't know if it's actively degrading and that they need DNA stabilizers themselves or not.

Before the Tyl Regor rework is done to where he goes from mild-mannered scientist armed with a Skana to Grineer Hulk...

Hasn't his work been to make a proper solution to the DNA stabilization? It could be an injection for the Grineer, or it could just be part of the process, but who knows. Just throwing that out there...

Conspiracy Keanu says : What if the DNA stabilizers we are buying... are funding Grineer DNA Stabilizer research?

It could be radiation. But instead of cosmic radiation, it could very much be the "Void Energy" that's involved in Tenno technology.

The Warframes probably radiate it to some degree even when not using powers and the Liset utilizes it for both travel and cloaking while in-system. That and taking the puppy into the Void itself can't be all that healthy for it either.

(I don't look or add to the lore often because I'm incomplaint when it come to this)

Can the Tenno themselves be poisoning the kubrow I mean we do release energy like when we channel.I think this ties in with the earth thing because didn't the Kubrow evolve to be more brutal on earth,maybe the mutation that occurred stop them from repelling or absorbing our energy maybe that why they don't do attack like warframe and instead rely on their physical ability. One example is the Raksa roar, although the Huras is an outlier . Maybe in the future we can go in the void and search for corrupted DNA which we can then manipulate  in the sector laboratory in the Dojo!   

Or maybe it just the Illuminati.  △

Edited by Danoso

so far i can't follow this train of reseasoning due to the fact that even if what OP says. it true we have been on the ship longer that we've had Kubrow. And even in small amounts over time the Tenno would start to feel the effects before the Kubrow would. and they, themselves would also have to eventually have to take DNA stabilizers. So that theroy doesn't make any since. It is purely to make you have to farm credits there is no other explination As well since Tenno used to be human you can't say that its because they left Earths atmosphere either.

I had thought about the cloning idea, but our kubrows aren't quite clones... We obtain the eggs from Kubrow nests on Earth, so technically all kubrows we hatch aren't clones (they may be genetically modified though). This is assuming the kubrow egg we fetch is already fertilized.

Real clones also use an existing egg, you know.

Also, I'd like to note: Kubrows have shields, and as we all know, radiation damage doesn't ignore shields. So they're already equipped with the technology needed to prevent this.

Further, kubrows in stasis would be subject to the same radiation exposure, and, thus, should deteriorate as much as their non-frozen counterparts. They don't.

Not right this moment, but keeping their DNA stabilized would actually prevent cancer from ever occurring in the first place; cancer is a mutation which occurs in a cell which causes them to start reproducing uncontrollably. If you keep stabilizing DNA, no mutation would occur.

The radiation exposure is killing them faster than cancer can develop (at the same time the radiation is probably destroying any cells that become cancerous, but if no DNA stabilizer is applied and they're then released into the wild--assuming they haven't received a lethal dose of radiation poisoning--they would develop cancer, their descendants would have birth defects, etc.

interesting

In our ships there are 2 likely sources of radiation exposure:

1. Solar radiation; perhaps the ship's hull is not shielded enough to prevent damaging solar radiation from leaking in

2. The ship's core is nuclear in nature and has sprung a leak

So if that is true for Kubrows, how are we not affected by said radiation. If its enough to degrade the DNA integrity of the Kubrow by 10% everyday, how are we not affect by it?

So if that is true for Kubrows, how are we not affected by said radiation. If its enough to degrade the DNA integrity of the Kubrow by 10% everyday, how are we not affect by it?

Answer Warframe our bodies are cover the kubrows are not.

Also, I'd like to note: Kubrows have shields, and as we all know, radiation damage doesn't ignore shields. So they're already equipped with the technology needed to prevent this.

Further, kubrows in stasis would be subject to the same radiation exposure, and, thus, should deteriorate as much as their non-frozen counterparts. They don't.

The shields would go down eventually, and if they were in stasis they would NOT be effected.

It's mod poisoning.

Mods only work on machines or machine-like things like Warframes.

Kubs dont have Warframes so we insert mods directly to them and that causes them to slowly die.

So they need DNA stabilizers so they can function with the mods without dying.

With this explanation a quest to release your kubs makes sense since when you release them you take off all the mods and they are not being poisoned.

Sucks that we never got a release quest.

It's mod poisoning.

Mods only work on machines or machine-like things like Warframes.

Kubs dont have Warframes so we insert mods directly to them and that causes them to slowly die.

So they need DNA stabilizers so they can function with the mods without dying.

With this explanation a quest to release your kubs makes sense since when you release them you take off all the mods and they are not being poisoned.

Sucks that we never got a release quest.

that makes no since at all you can say that game machanic's affect lore its just ignorant.

(I don't look or add to the lore often because I'm incomplaint when it come to this)

Can the Tenno themselves be poisoning the kubrow I mean we do release energy like when we channel.I think this ties in with the earth thing because didn't the Kubrow evolve to be more brutal on earth,maybe the mutation that occurred stop them from repelling or absorbing our energy maybe that why they don't do attack like warframe and instead rely on their physical ability. One example is the Raksa roar, although the Huras is an outlier . Maybe in the future we can go in the void and search for corrupted DNA which we can then manipulate  in the sector laboratory in the Dojo!   

Or maybe it just the Illuminati.  △

If that were true we wouldn't be able to heal them with melee attacks. which i've noticed that when we channel we actually heal them more than with regular attacks.

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

If that were true we wouldn't be able to heal them with melee attacks. which i've noticed that when we channel we actually heal them more than with regular attacks.

I've always thought of Pack Leader as more encouragement and less energy connection.

I've always thought of Pack Leader as more encouragement and less energy connection.

I see this all the time in games. You can't always make game machanic fit the lore nor can you make Lore explain the machanic''s of a game it just doesn't work. It'd be like trying to say that you couldn't change the color of your gear or frames because you didn't actually paint them or dye them and then we'e debating wether or not we should be farm resources for paint and dye. Now do you see?

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

I see this all the time in games. You can't always make game machanic fit the lore nor can you make Lore explain the machanic''s of a game it just doesn't work. It'd be like trying to say that you couldn't change the color of your gear or frames because you didn't actually paint them or dye them and then we'e debating wether or not we should be farm resources for paint and dye. Now do you see?

I'm not trying to change the mechanic I'm just stating that that is what I thought the mod acts more like.

My reason being.

1.It name

2.The way it work

3."heals your Kubrow by a percentage of the damage you deal with melee attacks 36% lifesteal-link."

It doesn't work like life streak their no channeling or energy involved ,therefore giving it a more encouragement vibe like the name implies. I want to make it perfectly clear that I do see your point.

The DNA Stabalisers are needed as we have genetically grown and rush incubated a living creature. This makes its DNA unstable and thus it needs to be constantly maintained.

I do believe that DE themselves had confirmed that.

sooo, if thats true, IF, then wouldnt we need to stabalize their DNA until their DNA is at the point of the age they are at?

sooo, if thats true, IF, then wouldnt we need to stabalize their DNA until their DNA is at the point of the age they are at?

That would mean that at some point we wouldn't have to buy them anymore and DE won't let the happen at least not in the foreseeable future.