Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Anyone Noticed How De Is Slowly Getting Rid Of Rng In Many Areas?

Tesseract_The_Pariah

Were you running with randome? Or solo?

If it's with randoms, the part drop at the end is the same for everyone, so chances are whoever was hosting didn't have the part which dropped at the end.

I've run repeatedly with the same people and received the same part, repeatedly.

Whatever this mythical 'you won't get a part you already have' thing is, it doesn't exist.  The BP rewards for boss runs are still random.

i assume what your trying to say is that you wont get 3 x chassis in 3 runs? (if not just ignore me)

when did they change that? must have been in the last few hours since i judt did 3 jackal runs and got 3 x chassis

Umm...just saying, I got Nyx's helmet 3 times yesterday completing the Phorid Assassination to defeat the invasion.

Although, I completely agree with you, RNG doesn't ruin the game as much as people keep complaining it does, and seriously, where would we be without it?

You can't actually prove any of this though in any reliable way.

He doesn't have to.  That's what it was before, so what you'd have to do is prove it isn't anymore.  Good luck with that, since it obviously is.

There are definitely 'rare' drops for BP.  You can make any run, tally the results, and see the truth of that.  You can have mutliple people do the same thing.  The rare item is the same for everyone.

It's also the basis for the value of some items in trade; the rare piece of any prime frame holds the most value because its supply is more constrained.

Why deny this?  DE would pretty much admit it if asked; its not a secret.

Umm...just saying, I got Nyx's helmet 3 times yesterday completing the Phorid Assassination to defeat the invasion.

Although, I completely agree with you, RNG doesn't ruin the game as much as people keep complaining it does, and seriously, where would we be without it?

RNG isn't all bad, but when it's almost the only way to get a bp/item this is where it become a bad thing. 

Waaaaay back in the day (U8) I killed phorid 126 times to get the SYSTEMS for Nyx, I wasn't counting for the chassis or helmet.

Back then you weren't even guaranteed to get a drop from the boss in the first place, and when you did, sometimes you just got a resource drop.

People have no right to complain about RNG relating to frames nowadays in comparison :P

Waaaaay back in the day (U8) I killed phorid 126 times to get the SYSTEMS for Nyx, I wasn't counting for the chassis or helmet.

Back then you weren't even guaranteed to get a drop from the boss in the first place, and when you did, sometimes you just got a resource drop.

People have no right to complain about RNG relating to frames nowadays in comparison :P

Or the mod/resource fell off the map. 

When farming for mods is still a massive pain  (Kubrow Mods), hard for people to really rally at DE's side when it comes to how RNG works in this game

Before you say trading, trading does not fix it. To pay 200P for a mod is a ridiculous method to band-aid an issue. They don't even drop often, farless the specific that people would actually be hunting for.

But, nevertheless, DE has made some wonder steps in providing a more consistent game-play experience

RNG isn't all bad, but when it's almost the only way to get a bp/item this is where it become a bad thing. 

My only problem with RNG in this game is when things are hidden behind two layers of it, for example Hydriod.  Oh you want a chance for a random part... go farm some random beacons first.  Prime parts in the void are the same because for a specific part you need specific keys.  In trying to get a Boltor prime BP the hardest part was getting a T3MD key.  Same for the Bo handle.

Kubrows are the newest incarnation of this.  First RNG up an egg and then hope RNG shines on you some more to get a kubrow breed / appearance that you want or like.  If not you can *pay* to get rid of it (either in credits or days long wait time)? 

Unfortunately I don't see this problem going away like the OP claimed.

No kidding xD

Next up is when they made it so you can't get duplicate warframe parts that you don't already have.

Third thing I remember is when they made the quest for Mirage.  0% RNG involved in that, you get a part a mission after answering a riddle.

These aren't true though. You're less likely to get the part you already own, I'm sure - but you can still easily get duplicates. Three Vay Kek runs =/= Hydroid. As for Mirage, try getting the ciphers without a full group, or even solo. There's definitely RNG there.

But yeah, back into the spirit of the thread! When they made life support drops from enemies pseudo-RNG instead of pure RNG - best change ever!

To be honest, i wish there was more than one purpose for most of the double grind walls.

Like collecting beacons.  Why to do Van Hek,  Any other reason? No

Why am I doing an interception on Mars?  Only good place to get a T4 key, sometimes

I have no reason to do derelict assassinate, and that makes me sad.

All these scans of plants on earth and I can't do a single thing with them, not even a health restore or something.  Why would I put toxin into the injectors?

Not doing a boss 100+ times for parts, a godsend.  I remember doing a boss 100+ times for Trinity parts.  And I never did get all the parts for regular frost with the old system.

An Banshee... more like a wish, a wink, and a pray to many many gods to get all 3 parts of her previously.

Getting a stance from a driller during the event, that brought a huge smile to my face.

Transmutation... I cursed this so much because I never got anything from it (except maybe Shield flux, the only mod to get form that).  And decided last night to transmute stance mods, got crushing ruin and and homing fang, the last two stances I needed.... I was floored and shocked!

Is thankful for less RNG, but I want more stuff to collect, and I don't want to farm just earth for it.  (Kubrow mods and maybe an egg)

First thing I remember is when you get a guaranteed warframe part drop from a boss - at the end of the mission instead of being a physical drop, at that.  That change was MORE than welcome.

Next up is when they made it so you can't get duplicate warframe parts that you don't already have.

Third thing I remember is when they made the quest for Mirage.  0% RNG involved in that, you get a part a mission after answering a riddle.

Latest thing is Cryotic.  Absolutely NO RNG involved, you get a set amount per extractor. 

Just goes to show that despite popular belief, DE does give a S#&$. 

There are probably areas I missed-- anyone else know of other cases like this?

Hey dude the thing to get reward at end of boss was not for RNG , but people leaving when they see part they don't want , remember? Rush to boss withouth those "friend door" one shoot any boss , check item droped , something that you already had? quit and retry , and repeat until you have what you are looking for

Also not sure not sure how we can't have duplicate , i got tons of duplicate

Cryotic event had no RNG because you are excavating it 

Yes you forgot where they add'ed even more RNG (when its was suppose to help : 

-> Transmute we had guaranted rare mod if we put 4 rare , we had rare mod , now put anything to get bad mod

->Interpception you need RNG for your T4 key

->your T4 keys need RNG for the reward you are looking 

->your kubrow is also RNG 

->I think i also missed some cases like this