Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Skins Contest

[DE]Rebecca

First off, I can't believe DE really wants us to go through the trouble of making a diffuse mask and all that crap. We're not game developers, we have no training in those expertise. Also all the submissions I've seen thus far don't include what they're looking for, so I'm suspecting that people don't understand how they'd go about making all of those masks. The last thing I'd like to note is that I'm never wasting my money on another plain old boring skin. I want something ANIMATED. Gears of War 3 had an ENTIRE arsenal of animated camos and I firmly believe we deserve the same. I am terribly sorry if this message comes off as obnoxious, but I cannot provide what they want, I do not know how, nor do I have the time, therefore what I've done is simple and easy to do. They created a Rubbedo skin for the Rhino that was animated and this is basically the same concept. So without any further delay I present to you my submission. Take it or leave it.

AkMagnus

igTY1nA.gif

Dual Zoren

eUkdSj1.gif

Vectis

hILypcd.gif

Incoming Work in progress..

lSsvcw5.png

The top is yet to be done... once that's done though expect a whole different look on the vectis.

Edit:
oh and that squiggly thingy on the barrel on the right of the picture... 

yeah... just ignore that... still working on the final parts of the barrel.

All that's left:
- Top section
- Emissives (glowy bits)
- Baking pass for occlusion and shading(put it in the oven again and heat for 3 mins) 
- Make it look less 'clean'
- Simply reassemble as submission PSD.

Edited by NetSlayer

First off, I can't believe DE really wants us to go through the trouble of making a diffuse mask and all that crap. We're not game developers, we have no training in those expertise. 

You can google it and learn the basics in a couple hours, its not rocket science.

First off, I can't believe DE really wants us to go through the trouble of making a diffuse mask and all that crap. We're not game developers, we have no training in those expertise. Also all the submissions I've seen thus far don't include what they're looking for, so I'm suspecting that people don't understand how they'd go about making all of those masks. The last thing I'd like to note is that I'm never wasting my money on another plain old boring skin. I want something ANIMATED. Gears of War 3 had an ENTIRE arsenal of animated camos and I firmly believe we deserve the same. I am terribly sorry if this message comes off as obnoxious, but I cannot provide what they want, I do not know how, nor do I have the time, therefore what I've done is simple and easy to do. They created a Rubbedo skin for the Rhino that was animated and this is basically the same concept. So without any further delay I present to you my submission. Take it or leave it.

1. Don't have to be a game developer.

2. You don't know what kind of training every single Warframe player has.

3. I'm sure if there was a good concept with most bits there, DE will accept it.

4. First you say no one can make a model properly then you say you want it animated, surely the people who apparently can't do a still skin can make a smooth animated one perfectly.

5. You say no one has given what DE is looking for exactly, and then you fail to even give a render and instead a very choppy gif.

basics in a couple of hours

that's not near enough to actually win the contest

you would already know how to do that stuff before hand to win

last i checked DE never said it had to be super professional. Also I have been working on this for several days now learning what im doing as i go. The only experience i had before this is in photoshop and had no idea what i was doing with normals, etc.

TL;DR unless youre actually going to try to do the contest (which isnt space age magic voodoo), dont say you HAVE to have training because you dont, again it isnt rocket science and google is your best friend.

PS this is not my entry

handle6.png

Edited by Echoa

last i checked DE never said it had to be super professional. Also I have been working on this for several days now learning what im doing as i go. The only experience i had before this is in photoshop and had no idea what i was doing with normals, etc.

TL;DR unless youre actually going to try to do the contest (which isnt space age magic voodoo), dont say you HAVE to have training because you dont, again it isnt rocket science and google is your best friend.

PS this is not my entry

snip

And as i said in the post you quoted

there is no chance of winning if all you know if the basics

I bet you that the skins with most likes are probably made by people who have had experience in this kind of stuff before

And as i said in the post you quoted

there is no chance of winning if all you know if the basics

I bet you that the skins with most likes are probably made by people who have had experience in this kind of stuff before

only thing im reading is "i give up before i start"

thats fine, but dont complain if you wont try.

I'm confused at what the exact complaint is here?

He doesn't think he has a chance of winning so he's not going to try and complain about it instead. Kinda like if you're into a girl and don't say anything but then complain she dates all these other guys, same concept.

I really doubt my chances here, seeing as I learned this stuff as soon as I heard of the contest. With no previous experience in blender, or Gimp, I present to you, my zoren skin.

THE ARCTIC ZOREN!

W2PKVUG.png

OLCQJS9.png

FCkkKWV.png

0OgpIq9.png

So far in regards to zoren skins yours is one of my favorites, and since you did it with no previous experience you should be proud of what you accomplished.

He doesn't think he has a chance of winning so he's not going to try and complain about it instead. Kinda like if you're into a girl and don't say anything but then complain she dates all these other guys, same concept.

except not really complaining

im just stating that no chance of winning so not point in trying

ofc you wouldn't understand since you know what to do

except not really complaining

im just stating that no chance of winning so not point in trying

ofc you wouldn't understand since you know what to do

only reason i have any idea what im doing is because of google. I have literally never once rendered a model, normal, specular, etc. map in my life till a few days ago. I had to google what i was working with every step of the way to find out how to edit a normal, wtf a specular map is, etc. 

75% of what im doing is guess work and google so no, i dont know what im doing. The rest is just the fact that i use photoshop for digital art and photo manipulation so i know how to use it.