Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's Wrong With People? O.0

Llyssa

So, I posted a general feedback about "I am unhappy with this development in gameplay and I find it boring."

And I suddenly had dozens of responses of people arguing with me.

I don't quite understand.

Is there goal to tell me "no, you're not REALLY bored by it", or are they proclaiming "no, you're not actually unhappy about that"?

I mean, really, multiple pages proclaiming that what I am experiencing is not actually what I am experiencing.

I don't quite get the point. No amount of name calling is going to make me dislike the development less. No amount of explaining how they don't see it as bad as I see it is going to make it less boring to me.

They're quite hellbent on proclaiming it, but ultimately, the feedback is, and remains, "I have a negative perception of this.", and I have no idea how insulting me or calling me a liar is supposed to accomplish anything.

It's weird. "I don't enjoy this." "YES YOU DO!"... No, really, turns out I really don't.

-snip-

Unfortunately, among the demographics that this game appeals to, those people lurk.

They simply see your topic as provoking, and that opinions away from their own are simply not true. In the end, it's all about how one perceives the game and/or your thread. Everyone has some justification for opposition, quite simply.

You should know this. You have over like, 5000 posts. And be careful. Some people might take the title of this thread too seriously.

Bear in mind, this forum is full of people that play this game because they like the game. Go figure. It's usually tough for people to see criticisms about something they like, especially if those criticisms are subjective.

As well, you'll find even more resistance in your topics if your post has little or nothing to substantiate it.

Not to say your claim is right or wrong, but lots of times, people unhappy about the game are usually overreacting to an absurd degree. Y'know, something like "WTF Trinity sucks with new Blessing" or "If Loki gets a nerf, I'm quitting the game." Posts like these make it pretty apparent that lots of people create responses that are made with some impulsive fervor.

I think this game does have its share of flaws, but I think it also has a really great design aesthetic and interesting gameplay (for the most part).

It's simple : your opinion differs from theirs, ergo you have to be wrong! So they will either treat you like the scum of the Earth, berate you for thinking for yourself and show you "the errors of your ways". God forbid you see things differently! That would be heresy! Kill it with fire! And after that, YOU are the one overreacting... Yeah right.

It's sad really. Unfortunately this type of people is also very "vocal". They probably never played with you either, experienced things like you have, but hey, it would be too much work to try to understand WHY you see things this way, so they won't.

If they spent half the time and energy they spend playing the white knights and come to the game's rescue using their brains to understand WHY other players have a less "Care Bears" vision of the game, the forums would actually be a good, constructive place, and more players would give their opinions without fear of the "fan brigade" jumping down their throats everytime...

I like that people from the other thread came over here to repeat that I am not experiencing what I am experiencing.

"YES YOU DO!"

And, sadly, although people came here to offer more "YES YOU DO!", no, I actually do find the menus boring, repetitive and tedious as hell, and I still love playing the actual missions, if or when I can actually get in to them. And no, I'm not making this up, I have timestamps enabled on chat, so I 100% know that it's taking me many many minutes, and I know, 100% that it used to take me under 1.

Thanks for stopping by and proving my point here.

I went back to your first thread and saw your explanation for what what taking you so long. I wish you'd put that in your first post for context.

Anyway, now I agree with you, I stopped bothering with extractors entirely since they're so tedious. It's easy enough to get the amount of materials they give you by doing a couple missions anyway.