Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Face-Off (Accurate Responses Welcomed)

(PSN)VoiD_Glitch

Question

Disclaimer: This is between my personally favorite weapons and all I ask is a logical answer from you on which is better and why.

-

Primaries:

Boltor Prime

Paris Prime / Dread

Soma

Latron Wraith

-

Secondaries:

Marelok

Acrid

-

Melee:

Bo Prime

Dakra Prime

Dragon Nikana

-

Tell me your answer between these choices and explain to me why with statistical data.

Thank you.

Edited by (PS4)VoiD_Glitch

23 answers to this question

Latron Prime - Higher dps than Boltor Prime and even more on crit head shots.

*Paris Prime/Dread are also good alternates due to innate crit, but Latron Prime is just easier to get those head shots imo.

Marelok - Highest dps out of the group.

Dakra Prime - w/ C.D., can deal an absurd amount of dmg.

*Kronen is good for slide attack dmg, and can get your life back up easily w/ Life Strike. Just mind that you can't copter. 

Boltor Prime/Latron Prime - Boltor Prime is the highest DPS primary you have listed up there, but the Latron Prime will reach places the Boltor cannot.

Marelok/Nukor - Nukor's utility will surpass the Marelok at high levels.  Marelok for raw DPS.

Bo Prime/Dragon Nikana/Dakra Prime - All very solid weapons, Dakra gets the edge ONLY if you have Crimson Dervish which is a very rare mod.

Latron Prime - Higher dps than Boltor Prime and even more on crit head shots.

*Paris Prime/Dread are also good alternates due to innate crit, but Latron Prime is just easier to get those head shots imo.

Marelok - Highest dps out of the group.

Dakra Prime - w/ C.D., can deal an absurd amount of dmg.

*Kronen is good for slide attack dmg, and can get your life back up easily w/ Life Strike. Just mind that you can't copter.

In what world can the latron prime ever out dps boltor prime?

It's a hitscan vs projectile so range and target velocity always work in Latron's favor.

Also, Boltor Prime is simply boring to use, you seek this weapon for a while just to ditch it because there are things better at everything else but raw DPS.

Also, Latron Wraith>Prime.

Edited by Mofixil

Comparing Against Grineer

Latron Prime:

2aj6e8i.jpg

biqq1l.jpg

Boltor Prime:

2z4z5uf.png

j9oy9t.png

You can get more dps w/ Speed Trigger on Boltor Prime, but same goes for Latron Prime. Also, Latron Prime benefits from 4x multiplier on head shot crits, + Latron Wraith has even higher calculated dps than Prime.

Edited by Yazeth

Soma: It's a crit fishing weapon. Remember that criticals apply to elemental damage too, so when you mod for the appropriate elements according the weaknesses of that enemies, you will wind up doing more than the Boltor due to Elemental Crits.

Acrid: This has some of the highest DPS in the game. Mod this for as much speed, and multishot as possible, and you will be one shotting level 50+ enemies like it's noob week in Goldeneye.

Dakra Prime. Most people would go for the Dragon Nikana for slash damage, but the Dakra Prime you can use Crimson Dervish, which does 300% damage on the first three strikes in the combo, which by far eclipses the Dragon Nikana.

Edited by (PS4)Fenrushak

Marelok/Nukor - Nukor's utility will surpass the Marelok at high levels.  Marelok for raw DPS.

the marelok has 102% status chance with all 4 event mods, when you mod it for multishot and punch through, it is an utility that is hard to surpass with radiation and viral procs all the time...

i don't know much about the nukor though

^Wasn't this pre-nerf?

I'm not sure. I built my Acrid according to that, and I see the same results.

EDIT: Something Interesting about that, btw, I mod for Corrosive so that it covers the Toxic Ancients as well, and I found that it procs both Toxic, as well as Corrosive, even though there is no straight Toxic on it.

Edited by (PS4)Fenrushak

i noticed you are a ps4 player so wait 3 weeks for the latron wraith to come out.

primary: boltor prime. good kind of jack of all trades weapon. doesnt scale as well as some of the other weapons for endless type missions, like bows, but still more than good enough, especially if all 4 people wear corrosive projection on. and realistically... you wont find hardcore players often that will do hours long t4 defense or survivals with you, so a weapon that scales awesomely is not needed that much imo. i did not like latron prime much due to how random my hits were. more often than not, i dont crit with it. last time i used it, i emptied a full clip with it critting only once. that just drives me nuts, so i havent used it since. but dont get me wrong, this thing does crit alot sometimes.

secondary: marelok. so good that i dont really need to explain.

melee: bo prime if i had to choose. it has the better copter, even among coptering weapons. high status, fast combos with good mobility, nice range and damage. borderline op in pvp as well. only weakness that it has is that it has a bad quick melee attack.

dragon nikanas range is small.dakra primes crimson dervish is slow as hell and range is amazingly short.

Edited by (PS4)Alphapsykongaroo

Tell me your answer between these choices and explain to me why with statistical data.

Comparing numbers is not going to help you, when the weapons fill entirely different roles and fit different playstyles.

For example, Soma will out DPS the Boltor Prime, but only if you're consistently making headshots. The same goes for Latron Prime. If you can't make headshots and don't like the semi-auto trigger, Boltor Prime is the next best choice.

Likewise, weapons like the Paris Prime / Dread, Marelock, and DakraPrime/DragonNikana are more suited for focusing on damage per hit, rather than DPS. These are the weapons you use to one or two shot enemies, rather than weapons where you have to pump a whole lot of ammo into something to make a kill. Because of their nature, you're looking at weapons that excell against heavy targets, but work more poorly against crowds of weaker enemies. Excellent weapons, but very niche.

I would add Dual Ichors to your melee list, as one of the best single target melee weapons in game. They can reach incredibly fast attack speeds with Berserker.

Soma will out DPS the Boltor Prime, but only if you're consistently making headshots. The same goes for Latron Prime. If you can't make headshots and don't like the semi-auto trigger, Boltor Prime is the next best choice.

Actually, Latron Wraith can out-dps Boltor Prime even on body shots. xD

Comparing numbers is not going to help you, when the weapons fill entirely different roles and fit different playstyles.

For example, Soma will out DPS the Boltor Prime, but only if you're consistently making headshots. The same goes for Latron Prime. If you can't make headshots and don't like the semi-auto trigger, Boltor Prime is the next best choice.

Likewise, weapons like the Paris Prime / Dread, Marelock, and DakraPrime/DragonNikana are more suited for focusing on damage per hit, rather than DPS. These are the weapons you use to one or two shot enemies, rather than weapons where you have to pump a whole lot of ammo into something to make a kill. Because of their nature, you're looking at weapons that excell against heavy targets, but work more poorly against crowds of weaker enemies. Excellent weapons, but very niche.

I would add Dual Ichors to your melee list, as one of the best single target melee weapons in game. They can reach incredibly fast attack speeds with Berserker.

People consider Dual Ichor one of the best or the best weapons but I won't add it to my list, because honestly, I don't like it compared to other weapons. I like range, DPS, and crits.

Actually, Latron Wraith can out-dps Boltor Prime even on body shots. xD

True, the Wraith can. Prime is about the same DPS. But for the Wraith, you'd need to be using a click macro and the significant recoil along with a high RoF would be a challenge to use with any sort of accuracy. Plus reloading every 1.5 seconds drops the Sustained DPS to fairly far below the Boltor Prime.

People consider Dual Ichor one of the best or the best weapons but I won't add it to my list, because honestly, I don't like it compared to other weapons. I like range, DPS, and crits.

So the range is the issue? I can see that. I would suggest taking a look at the Serro. The #'s aren't the greatest, and it won't crit a lot, but the high proc without IPS dilution can be very effective. Gas/Elec proc build can set off some nice AoE's, giving you effective range beyond the reach of the weapon. The Orthos Prime is fairly competitive with the longsword/nikana, with a much farther reach as well.

Edited by Darzk

True, the Wraith can. Prime is about the same DPS. But for the Wraith, you'd need to be using a click macro and the significant recoil along with a high RoF would be a challenge to use with any sort of accuracy. Plus reloading every 1.5 seconds drops the Sustained DPS to fairly far below the Boltor Prime.

So the range is the issue? I can see that. I would suggest taking a look at the Serro. The #'s aren't the greatest, and it won't crit a lot, but the high proc without IPS dilution can be very effective. Gas/Elec proc build can set off some nice AoE's, giving you effective range beyond the reach of the weapon. The Orthos Prime is fairly competitive with the longsword/nikana, with a much farther reach as well.

Thanks for the tips.

I have heard of the Serro, people call it top-tier, but also the Orthos Prime and Bo Prime are considered top-tier as well. Hold up, I don't like elemental innate weapons, because the side effects of even a versatile one (besides Viral IMO) are huge.

Hold up, I don't like elemental innate weapons, because the side effects of even a versatile one (besides Viral IMO) are huge.

? Side effects? You can convert the base element to a combined element, in this case Corrosive/Rad/Magnetic, which is an ideal element for any faction. All of which (and the base elec) has great procs that do significant damage/great status effects.

Weapons that aren't innate elemental have a number of disadvantages, such as forcing 50% of the procs to physical (all of which are usually less beneficial that elemental) and being unable to change the damage distribution (for example forcing you to do slash damage against Grineer, which is terrible).

? Side effects? You can convert the base element to a combined element, in this case Corrosive/Rad/Magnetic, which is an ideal element for any faction. All of which (and the base elec) has great procs that do significant damage/great status effects.

Weapons that aren't innate elemental have a number of disadvantages, such as forcing 50% of the procs to physical (all of which are usually less beneficial that elemental) and being unable to change the damage distribution (for example forcing you to do slash damage against Grineer, which is terrible).

Yep, I agree as well.

Electric is basically the best innate element that you can have on a weapon, since it can create the most effective element for each faction.