Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gear Help

ROXXXY

Question

Anyone know what gear I should have at my rank, I need gear that is affective. Because was playing in the void for a while and my weapons scraped the enemies health away , while the other people were 3 shoting the corrupted ancients. My Gear right now is The Paris Mark 1 ( Rank 18) , The Furis ( Rank 17) , Skana ( Rank 18) and Excalibur rank 19. My mods are quite decent at the moment since I upgrade them a lot. So what would you 3 shoting corrupted ancient Tenno's out there recommend for me. BTW I can craft the Cronus but people say its bad.

11 answers to this question

You can try to get the Akbolto / Kunai (secondary, but very strong and has no mastery restrictions) first, then get the primaries  (stronger primaries come at later ranks compared to secondaries) 

With the gear you have, I can assume that you're really new to the game. You should not really be touching Void missions at this early lol. Try getting better mods / upgrade more before trying on Void missions

Edit : If you don't have many resources, you can try buying the Mk-1 Kunai instead (15,000 credits) it has 5 less damage (40) compared to the original Kunai (45) and retains the same fire rate, has two "V" polarities , and is quite arguably the strongest Mk-1 weapon in game atm

Edited by Neah

The weapons dont matter as much as mods do, you need essential damage boosting mods for your primary/secondary. Serration, split chamber, heavy caliber, hornet strike, multishot, lethal torrent. Also you need to use either corrosive or corrosive+heat depending if the weapon has a good status chance to proc heat(panic)

I'll just be honest in saying that the others in your groups are likely equipped with much better mods (ones that make 270 health look like a joke, because it is actually quite low).  Mods are where 97% of your strength comes from, and from what I've read, you likely have quite a bit to go before you'll start seeing results like the others in your group.  

There's nothing wrong with that, though.  Everyone starts somewhere.  Just keep playing, leveling up, collecting mods and cool new weapons, and you'll see your strength slowly rise until you're the one showing your fellow Tenno how it's done!

Edited by Suzaku4489

Well, for starters there is no info about what level you are except the level of your gear, so I take it you are Mastry Rank 0-1.

The Void can also be very different depending on what type of void-game you're playing. There are multiple difficulities and possibly scaling enemies.

As a new player you're probably doing fine. Players that have been playing for a while have likely ranked up their weapons and mods to make them better. The Mk1-weapons are the starting weapons so don't be surprised if others outgun you, they are ment to.

The way Warframe works is that you level your gear and get xp for it in order to progress in "mastry rank" - your personal "level". This will open up for attaining new kinds of gear.

As Neah said there are some weapons that does more damage, the sad part is that while they may help you progress, you kinda need to level alot of guns (all) of them to reach the highest mastry. This is a much later issue though and right now mastry above 8 isn't really needed.

You can look at pages as

www.warframe.wikia.com

www.warframebuilder.com

and

www.dpsframe.com

to get all the stats, but I advice you to play on and get a feel for what you like and how the game works before getting all tangled up in numbers and min/maxing. Play because it's fun.

A tip is also to join or create a clan.

Affect means to produce a change in something.'

Effect is defined as a result of something or the ability to bring about a result.

http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/style-and-usage/affect-effect-grammar.html

Edit:

Btw - Don't be fooled by that Excalibur is a starter frame, his radial blind is one of the best crowd crontrol skills in the entire game. This is your most powerful skill at later levels when the damage you do starts to be of less importance. It will also give you a nice buff to melee damage. Try hitting enemies affected by radial blind with your melee weapon - the effect will be 4x the damage. Mod for range and duration to get the most out of it.

Edited by Lactamid

3 shotting corrupted ancients. That many shots?

Sorry, pc elitist scumbag.

Anyways, Akbolto are great weapons to go for early on. They are pretty easy to make and remain relevant right into endgame.

The lex is also a pretty nice pistol that you can get right away.

Dual heat swords are nice for melee

As for primaries, it is really up to you, the Grakata and hind are really solid early game weapons though

Anyone know what gear I should have at my rank, I need gear that is affective. Because was playing in the void for a while and my weapons scraped the enemies health away , while the other people were 3 shoting the corrupted ancients. My Gear right now is The Paris Mark 1 ( Rank 18) , The Furis ( Rank 17) , Skana ( Rank 18) and Excalibur rank 19. My mods are quite decent at the moment since I upgrade them a lot. So what would you 3 shoting corrupted ancient Tenno's out there recommend for me. BTW I can craft the Cronus but people say its bad.

Dude you shouldn't be in Void. Go complete the planets until:

- You have AkBoltos

- Potato'd Karak

- A good melee such as Dual Zorens for mobility.

You won't be 3-shotting anything for awhile.

Welcome to Warframe though lol

I agree with the above posts on the AKBoltos, those were my main weapon in low rank, i didn't even use a primary with those around.  My suggestion is to ditch the MK-1 gear as soon as it's rank 30, if you're enjoying the MK-1 Paris, build the Paris and that should last you pretty much the entire starchart if you build it right with good mods.  Modding is the most important part of doing damage, base damage, elements suited for what you're fighting, and of course status.

Know what mods will help you most and rank them as high as possible. Slap a rank 7 vitality and you'll look back and have a good laugh. With your mk-1 gear, just lvl them up to 30 before replacing them. This will give you mastery xp, which is needed to increase your mastery rank (which allows you to unlock some pretty deadly stuff). Excalibur is fine, anyone who says he sucks (as in can never do anything helpful) never used him effectively. I say take a break from the void and focus on rankig your gear to 30 and changing them out for something else to find a weapon you're comfortable with. As for cronus, it should be better than skana, but yes it's considered poor in performance compared to other weapons