The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Armor Increase.

(PSN)Darkturn

As Excalibur being one of the starter and Loki know replace with Volt.

I still see that the Excalibur only appeal being the Name and description for newer player, at least that it how I choice mine tho, hehe.

Back to the topic I would like see the Increase his armor in range from 75-85 not because be also different from the starter but also fulfill the roll of Jack of all Trade.(That's my view)

Truth that 65 Is the average and thus would make sense however the choice for using Steel fiber on a 65 Armor doesn't really seem appeal at all. While Health and Shield is ok, I couldn't help that most is ability are very slow giving him a little more survivability would not only courage newer player use Radial Javelin more often (As when I start) as newer player probably would not be able to pull it off without take serious hit and maybe even go down. (my experience)

Maybe we don't even need to raise the states as I could be simple put like a hyper amor where while you cast he take 25% less damage so that casting this ability would be more appeal.

Truth that many state are the same in Warframe and only some states are different, but I also understand that it let everyone costume their own Warframe how they want.

Before someone say "Natural Talent", well A. newer player don't have that B. Still need to get luck (But a lot more easier the previously) and C. It's about his Profile as Jack of all Trade, as he can adapt on all Situation and Play style.

I guess that is, so what you people thing you agree or disagree, if so write down and let DE see you respond too.

If you cast Radial Blind at the right time and right place, you should not be taking hits with Excalibur, like at all.

Every experienced Excalibro knows this is true and well but still Excaliburs speed and armor stats doesnt reflect the melee/blade master image DE built up for him.

He is neither the quick and agile dualist nor the tanky knight.

I would love to see his armor get buffed or make him faster.

Every experienced Excalibro knows this is true and well but still Excaliburs speed and armor stats doesnt reflect the melee/blade master image DE built up for him.

Thanks to understand what I was going for here :)

The speed, well that could be also interesting!

Edited by (PS4)Darkturn

Speaking of that, I do agree with you that Excalibur does not quite fit his theme of the agile duelist. A speed increase or a small increase to his armor rating will be most welcome. Even though he does have Slash Dash and Super Jump for mobility... I still feel he is somewhat slow.

If you cast Radial Blind at the right time and right place, you should not be taking hits with Excalibur, like at all.

Truth but why? Why would you need another ability to be able to use another ability? why would I care to use his ability if I can achieve it with other Warframe?

The whole thing is even the massive radius the RJ have it can be block by various of object and the most use it you need to be in a good spot too.

Also use more energy for this ability to work seem just not viable choice.

I see what you want to go for but you need to think also a litte further, I didn't wrote it down for nothing.

Truth that I don't mention other things  like speed and mobility (as VikingoX) mention it.

Cheers 

Truth but why? Why would you need another ability to be able to use another ability? why would I care to use his ability if I can achieve it with other Warframe?

The whole thing is even the massive radius the RJ have it can be block by various of object and the most use it you need to be in a good spot too.

Also use more energy for this ability to work seem just not viable choice.

I see what you want to go for but you need to think also a litte further, I didn't wrote it down for nothing.

Truth that I don't mention other things  like speed and mobility (as VikingoX) mention it.

Cheers

You can cast Radial Blind to blind and stun enemies, Super Jump to an elevated position and then cast Radial Javelin, this is when the projectiles have a lower chance of getting blocked by environmental objects.

I do agree on how impractical Radial Javelin is though. In fact, I would much rather have Radial Javelin given innate Punch through. Not only does it allow for more killing potential per javelin (with puncture one javelin can pierce through more than one enemy) and it would not be blocked by environmental objects that much as it can pierce through them.

Well to be honest Radial Blind is one of the best CC skills in the game and the guaranteed Crit and 4x melee damage multiplier on blinded enemies fits the blade master theme very well.

Radial Javelin is a bit meh, I agree.

You can cast Radial Blind to blind and stun enemies, Super Jump to an elevated position and then cast Radial Javelin, this is when the projectiles have a lower chance of getting blocked by environmental objects.

I do agree on how impractical Radial Javelin is though. In fact, I would much rather have Radial Javelin given innate Punch through. Not only does it allow for more killing potential per javelin (with puncture one javelin can pierce through more than one enemy) and it would not be blocked by environmental objects that much as it can pierce through them.

total agree to the second half here. 

While the firts half I did miss my point I guess, hehe. No I just say that it is very useful combo it together (I do it mostly myself, SUPER JUMP HIGH xD) but the fact hat RJ is effect if you use addition ability I found just plain wrong.

But thanks reply  

Well to be honest Radial Blind is one of the best CC skills in the game and the guaranteed Crit and 4x melee damage multiplier on blinded enemies fits the blade master theme very well.

Radial Javelin is a bit meh, I agree.

I agree fully. I means RJ sound so damn awsome but in the it's a meh (like you said).

Excaliburs speed and armor stats doesnt reflect the melee/blade master image DE built up for him.

Except they've never done this. They actually label him WITHIN THE GAME as being well-balanced and suited for new players.

The only ones who have ever said anything about him being melee/blade master are the players.

Except they've never done this. They actually label him WITHIN THE GAME as being well-balanced and suited for new players.

I know, that is why I said "image DE built" with his skill theme and the trailers always depicting him using a sword. 

Honestly, I'd vote for Excalibro to simply get a stamina increase, possibly even to 150 like Valkyr and Hydroid.  That would make Excal faster overall due to more sprint uptime and more of a melee frame.

If you cast N min/maxed Power at the right time and right place, or move N way, you should not be taking hits at all

yeah, we know. not really the point of the thread.

hm. i could see merit in increasing Armor to 75 and Sprint Speed to 1.05-1.1.

i could also see merit in increasing Stamina Pool - even if i'd personally think that everyone should have the same Stamina Pool(meaning everyone should have a much larger one :s), but whatever.

Let see we have:

15 armor ~5% mitigation (Zephyr, Trinity) 

65 armor ~18% mitigation (Excalibur, Loki)

150 armor ~ 33% mitigation (Oberon)

155 armor ~ 34% mitigation (Saryn)

190 armor ~ 38% mitigation (Rhino/Frost)

600 Armor ~ 67% mitigation (Valkyr)

If you take the average of the % mitigation you would end up around 32% mitigation which equilvalent to ~145 armor.

Edited by Hueminator

The only ones who have ever said anything about him being melee/blade master are the players.

• His name is Excalibur.
  • His abilities revolve around swords, slashing, and movement.
  • Radial Blind comes from the story of the blade Excalibur and how it blinds its enemies on the battlefield when drawn.
  • He raises a sword, even when he has none, to execute Radial Blind.
  • Radial Javelin shoots Skanas.
  • He was the first frame in a game about space ninjas.
  • Frames admittedly had a 'theme' after they started adding new ones

I could go on, but what more do you need?  He's the "sword" frame and his abilities are heavily melee-oriented.  RJ doesn't even puncture walls/boxes.

Edited by Thaumatos

Say, making that 65 armour into a 90, and then ranking to 30 (65 -> 136, and 90 -> 189) means damage mitigation moving from

Damage Mitigation = Total Armor / (Total Armor + 300)

31% (136/436)

to

38% (189/489)

which is a waste of effort with a frame that has Radial Blind. And I added 25 points !!!

If it got stuck into a casting animation, like for example Sound Quake, maybe I'll listen.

Edited by DSpite

Say, making that 65 armour into a 90, and then ranking to 30 (65 -> 136, and 90 -> 189) means damage mitigation moving from

Damage Mitigation = Total Armor / (Total Armor + 300)

31% (136/436)

to

38% (189/489)

which is a waste of effort with a frame that has Radial Blind. And I added 25 points !!!

If it got stuck into a casting animation, like for example Sound Quake, maybe I'll listen.

dont think warframe gains more armor through level up