Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hunting Grounds (Constantly Adding New Ideas, And Any Ideas Are Welcome!)

Drunkenbagel

So, I was thinking I really wanted to go hunting with my dread but the only animals or animal-like creatures are kubrows, skates, and phorid and chargers. Maybe I just want something like monster hunter. Perhaps there could be some sort of "Hunting Grounds" area on certain planets like earth and it could be populated by fauna. This could also be an interesting way of obtaining resources instead of just constantly farming the same missions over and over again. This could be a nice change of pace from the usual run and gun. For this we might actually have to use stealth as well. There could be smaller fauna that you can hunt and gain resources from but there could also possibly be "Megafauna" that are kinda like bosses or mini-bosses and can possibly drop rarer resources or more resources.

Thoughts?

Also Just had another thought to prevent people bringing their boltor primes and slaughtering everything. Perhaps if you bring certain weapons you might utterly destroy the corpse so nothing is harvestable. So no Ogris's or Pentas or Somas and the like.

Also one more thing, the "Megafauna" randomly appear in certain sessions rather than "Pick an assassination mission and there it is".

EDIT: I've decided I'm going to edit the post as things pop into my head. 

Creature should have better detection skills. So even if you're far away they can still spot you unless you're invisible.

Hunting tools could also be something new to add. Perhaps things like a snare trap or bait to lure animals in.

Maybe kubrows could also play a role in hunts. Some types could flush out animals and others could run after them and take them down. Or instead of having hunting abilities type-specific, mods like scavenge can be added that can be used by all types.

Being stealthy could also determine the amount of resources gathered. If you manage to sneak up on a creature and stealth kill it then it could drop more resources than if you shot it. Also the type of weapon used to stealth kill it should be important. Killing a deer with a giant sword shouldn't yield as much meat as killing it with a dagger(could make daggers more useful weapons too).

Trophies! Animals could drop parts that are required to make certain decorations in the dojo or to decorate your ship.

Perhaps with materials only from creatures you can craft the DNA stabilizers for kubrows.

Maybe with certain animal parts you can create cosmetics. Of course the normal syandanas and armors will still cost plat and they will still be in the market, but there could be cosmetics that can only be crafted with materials of certain creatures(maybe only megafauna?). Things like skull pauldrons or fur syandanas.

Maybe there can be really huge creatures that can be climbed on or grabbed onto. I'm thinking like Shadow of the Colossus or Dragons Dogma. Maybe once movement 2.0 comes out.

The codex scanner could play a part by highlighting the spoor of animals so we can track them. Perhaps scanning it would reveal what kind of animal it is, size, aggressiveness etc.

Edited by Drunkenbagel

I'm down!

With a little bit of open world to it

Perhaps with certain mods too for extra challenge

On a high end hunting planet

Bring along your Marelok/ elephant rifle

I've been testing ideas before putting them to paper

Void creature - what lives outside the void towers

There are trees within the void towers - they only occur there, so perhaps there could be void only flora and fauna?

Think of a white and metallic shaded environment

Creatures living within are shaded according to where they are in the food chain

Once I get my concept art together - I've got a new weapon/ prime version based around this idea

-Phyrak

Well the trees in the void are there because the orokin probably brought them there just as decoration. That species would probably already be extinct. It could also be possible that the void flora is already dead because there are no leaves or fruits on them and they seem to be just white...husks? for lack of a better word.

We have the technology!

#spaceninjas!

It's just a concept for the moment - I'm yet to do art

The current animals do need expansion

But beasts in the void would be just rad

It's little bit out there but it would be fun to see it happen

----------------

Think, you land at the broken down tower floating in the void linked to a void landmass...

You came here searching for prime parts but it seems you food something else...

You hear the scrape of nail against rock, the ruffle and crack of millennial old branches

Out of broken down and overgrown ruins emerges a great beast!

Standing taller then a Rhino frame - with a deep dark gold coat and glistening eyes - an ancient Kubrow from the Orokin era

With a mighty howl, the beast summons it's lessers to its side

You now have a pack of a dozen creatures of burning light, adapted to the Orokin lands and have their eyes set on you

You draw your Nikana and beseech the Lotus under your breath...

----------------------

Anyhow, that's just the idea/ premise/ potential RP I would expect from doing that sort of stuff/ exploring Orokin land masses associated with towers

-Phyrak

I spend a lot of time drawing out ideas before they touch paper

Currently

Two weapons for WF

One staff

One something else...only way to describe it is +3 abilities to your frames and takes over all slots (primary, secondary and melee) and it changes based on frame

Then I'm going through guild wars 2 classes and trait system

Jus with the elementalist - your cliche spell caster if you haven't played the game

40 new active abilities - 50 ish new passives

Art takes a while to do with trying to get the thematic weapons right for the warframes with the weapon

The staff is done, I just need to draw it all pretty like

My aim for WF now is to attempt to draw some decent looking Orokin landmasses

I'm crappy when it comes to drawing it on the comp so I'll probably scrawl it in my art book and upload it from there :P

-Phyrak

I like this.  I have thought for a while that monster hunter type bosses could probably work in warframe.  We could have body part breaking giving rare parts, there are already bosses in the game that parts of them get destroyed.  Have a sort of open zone, let our kubrows track it if it runs away.  Would be fun.

I'm down!

With a little bit of open world to it

Perhaps with certain mods too for extra challenge

On a high end hunting planet

Bring along your Marelok/ elephant rifle

I've been testing ideas before putting them to paper

Void creature - what lives outside the void towers

There are trees within the void towers - they only occur there, so perhaps there could be void only flora and fauna?

Think of a white and metallic shaded environment

Creatures living within are shaded according to where they are in the food chain

Once I get my concept art together - I've got a new weapon/ prime version based around this idea

-Phyrak

I like theopen concept idea. I'd always played witht he idea of 'bounties' in warframe. It would be cool to have to hunt down creature both aggressive and nonagresive.  Gathering materails from animals for medicinesand such, or removing dangerous creatures that are threatening a tenno research facility. 10/10 would vote yes :)